Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
H
H
Queenie and Fig,

My sister never gave up on her X paying CS either.

He actually changed his SS #, and moved to another state. He got out of 17.5 years (yes, the baby was 6 months old) of CS because Ohio couldn't find him. Her kids are now grown, but she had a court date in Nashville today and I think they finally have him.

She wants every single penny with interest. OR she wants him in jail. Either way, she'll be happy.

Here in SC, they're pretty good. About once or twice a year, I'll read a newspaper article about how they find where these deadbeats are, and they send them a registered letter telling them they won a TV, or a trip or something. The sheriff rents some retail shop space and when the deadbeat gets there, they say: go in the back and pick out your new TV, or where you want to go, blah, blah, blah. Then they go to the back room, the police arrest them and take them to jail. The judge tells them, pay up, or stay in jail. IT's freakin' amazing how many of them come up with thousands of dollars in back CS when they face jail time. I LOVE those stories.

I need to call her and find out what happened today.

K
K
Unbelievable what they will do to get out of paying CS for their children! wth!!

My ex BIL does that for a living, tracks down dead beat dads, always thought that was great!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

qoe100 Offline OP
OP Offline
Happy, that's amazing!!! I really do hope your sis gets every penny he owes her. Honestly, I don't know how anyone can live with themselves by denying their children. ICK!!!!

H
H
I couldn't reach her. She never answers her cell phone!

Can you guys tell we had a storm and have mo power at work? That big one came through last night and wiped work out. No power for 24 hours. We all have so many deadlines, but in the meantime, I'm hanging here with you.

Oh yeah Queenie, some guys will get out of paying CS no matter the cost.

My other sister and I paid so many car payments, rent payments, etc. For christmas, we sent toys AND clothes to her kids. They had no dad.

I don't know that he'll ever pay up. I see him either going to jail (which I doubt) or taking off again and changing his identity. Tennessee isn't really tough on these guys. But Ohio is trying to make this a federal case. A federal case after 19 years? Geez. If a child goes without CS for 6 months it should become federal. Although I think it's gotten harder to do since Homeland Security has come into the picture. I guess you can't just change your social security number easily any more.

I
I
WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on selling your house! And so glad to hear things are going well w/ your friends!!!

I've also read that people behind on child support can't get a passport until they are current. Might be a little crimp in their plans at some point.

Take care, jilly!

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
qoe100 Offline OP
OP Offline
Joooools, how nice of you to stop by.

Yes, I'm excited about selling my house. I'm losing so much money now that I can't even imagine what it may be like if I'd waited another year to sell. Probably wouldn't even be able to pay off what I owe on it!!!

Earlier this week, I had to drop something from work off at the county jail. Anyway, there was a guy that was being booked for back child support. YIPPEE!!! Course, while he's in jail, he's not working so how does that help his children? There has to be a better way. I know, how about neutering him so he can't have anymore kids that he doesn't support?

H
H
Quote:
how about neutering him so he can't have anymore kids that he doesn't support?

But Queenie, that would deny him his rights! To heck with the kid's rights.

Queenie, I'm so excited! My son just got his transfer location from the Coast Guard. He's moving to Hawaii in June! Guess where MSG and I are going in January?

T
T
My BIL lost his passport for being a deadbeat dad. He still blames his ex for not being touch with his son. He even puts it on the son for not being in touch. Makes me mad but at the same time I am happy that my nephew is not around the loser. It just would be nice for him to at least show some responsibility towards his son. The sad and maddening thing is that my exSIL was never going to go after him. She only did so with pressure from her new husband.

qoe100 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: HappyToday
Quote:
how about neutering him so he can't have anymore kids that he doesn't support?

But Queenie, that would deny him his rights! To heck with the kid's rights.

Queenie, I'm so excited! My son just got his transfer location from the Coast Guard. He's moving to Hawaii in June! Guess where MSG and I are going in January?

OMG, SG, that's wonderful!!!! How long will you stay? Where is he in Hawaii!!! Have you and MSG traveled together before???
I WANNA GO!!!!!

qoe100 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Trip
My BIL lost his passport for being a deadbeat dad. He still blames his ex for not being touch with his son. He even puts it on the son for not being in touch. Makes me mad but at the same time I am happy that my nephew is not around the loser. It just would be nice for him to at least show some responsibility towards his son. The sad and maddening thing is that my exSIL was never going to go after him. She only did so with pressure from her new husband.

Well, good for her new H!!! I hate it that these people can get away with that. My first X payed me a grand total of $15 in 7 yrs for our S. However, when our S passed away, I felt no guilt, whatsoever. I know I did everything I could to take care of him. I know that my X is still guilt ridden over his actions and he's never recovered from it.

Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard