Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
A
OP Offline
A
Hi sparkles,

Thanks for checking on me. I'm up and down like a yo-yo, but that seems to be normal for now, so I'm not letting it get to me much.

S15 is struggling mightily academically...so I find myself spending hours every day working with him. Between this, commuting and work, I haven't been doing much else.

Anyway, every time I think to post, it seems like it would take so long to catch up that I just read some other threads instead.

Most notable of the last month was S15's first weekend with Xh and Mrs. XH as a married couple. S had a small meltdown the Sunday night that he returned. Among other things, he didn't have any time alone with his dad, which seems stupid to me. I was/am really, really proud of him, though. He talked about it to his T, and then with his T there, S actually talked to his dad about some of his feelings.

I had to laugh...at one point S said " Mom, it just seems like she is in control of everything." I couldn't help it, I said "well S the reason it seems that way is because she IS in control, otherwise nothing your dad has done the last few months make any sense at all." But I reminded S that neither of us can do a thing about that, so we just have to work with it as best we can.

It is so strange, my interactions with XH are still as if new Mrs. XH doesn't exist. She's never mentioned, I never see her, and XH has never said her name to me since he told me they were getting married. I drop S off at a gas station on the corner of the campus, and I pick him up at a Barnie's after my class. What a strange way to live.

I'm in a weird state of mind...moving toward better, but still with some big setbacks. On the one hand, I'm glad valentines day doesn't seem to be bothering me, but I think it would if I went into work and ran into the two newlyweds. So I'm better, but not cured!

Enough rambling for now.
Hugs and happy day to all.

L
L
I love you.

Quote:
Mrs. XH

ICK.

I love that your S talked to his T then to his dad. Only for the purpose of getting your S to oepn up and speak up. Breaking the cycle.

Quote:
S15 is struggling mightily academically...so I find myself spending hours every day working with him. Between this, commuting and work, I haven't been doing much else.

He is going to be fine, b/c he has you. Maybe you need a full body massage, but some hott muscle-ish guy.

Quote:
It is so strange, my interactions with XH are still as if new Mrs. XH doesn't exist. She's never mentioned, I never see her,

welcome to my weird world, Susan is only mentioned b/c of me. like she is not real. But we know they are. B/c of the stories we hear from our babies

I am so happy that your son is talking about it.

Let me know how is goes in school for him

((((((((((((((((AH)))))))))))))

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: Lissie

Quote:
It is so strange, my interactions with XH are still as if new Mrs. XH doesn't exist. She's never mentioned, I never see her,

welcome to my weird world, Susan is only mentioned b/c of me. like she is not real. But we know they are. B/c of the stories we hear from our babies

The weirdness continues along these same lines:

XH and new Mrs. XH were passing through town tonight on the way to a little 5 day resort stay, austensibly business (snark). XH wanted to see S, and take him out for dinner. Fine with me, of course.

So......Xh picks up S, takes him, brings him back. New Mrs. isn't mentioned, nor does she seem to be in the car!

How many years do you think he plans to pull this off. She is like the (invisible) elephant in the living room. I'm think I should start an office pool, taking bets on when he is going to say her name to me.

Nice thing happened at work Monday...my boss/good friend cornered me and said AH I don't want you think I don't appreciate how difficult it is for you to come in here.

I have a lunch date Saturday. We'll see.

That's all for now.

L
L
Quote:
Nice thing happened at work Monday...my boss/good friend cornered me and said AH I don't want you think I don't appreciate how difficult it is for you to come in here.

That is so comforting. You need to hear that once in a while.

Have fun on Saturday.

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
A
A
Hi AH!!!

Glad to see you doing well. Sure, we all have our moments, and days, but this was (and still is in ways) a tough ride.

Hugs to you and your S!

xoxo

P
P
Hey there!

How was lunch?

I don't know if it's better to have Mrs. XH go unmentioned, or to have her thrown in your face. I guess neither is that good. Why can't they just say alone forever, like they deserve?!

N

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about creating yourself
My thread: Trusting God's Plan
A
OP Offline
A
Hey lissie, always and nic,

Thanks for checking in and checking up...

Lunch date was nice. IF you ask me, it is hard to go too far wrong eating outside on a deck overlooking the ocean. I'm not so hard to please!!!

S15 was gone with XH and spouse for the weekend. He's back now. I miss him when he is gone. Glad he's back.

Hey lissie, we are going to have another sad first pretty soon, first birthday divorced. That will be almost all of the sad firsts for me. My family usually makes a big deal of bdays. It will be interesting to see if XH reminds S to get something for me. I don't mean that to sound as venal as it does...I really am just curious to see now that Mrs. XH is in the pic, how it will play.

Gonna try to get a little work done before Sunday is totally gone.

Hope all our survivors had a happy weekend.

L
L
Quote:
Hey lissie, we are going to have another sad first pretty soon, first birthday divorced.

well, great. I didn't even think of it that way, until you just reminded me ;\)

Mine is in 2 weeks, but I am going to party with the girls, sooo I am not sweating it.

I don't expect him to get my anything, soo I am good with that.

Sorry sweetie, but after this first D'd bday, then I hope the sadness of these dates, seem less and less.

Glad the date was soo nice. Sounds wonderful.
HUGS sweets.

Last edited by Lissie; 02/24/08 09:42 PM.

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
A
A
Hope you had a wonderful birthday, AH!

And, always, hope you're doing wonderfully!

All my love!

A
OP Offline
A
thanks always. S15 and I have actually a very low key, fun weekend. Did some very "floridaish" things yesterday. Off to the bookstore in a bit.

I'm a little bit proud of myself. Got home from work Friday night with no firm plans. S and i had both been sick during the week. So...I realized if I didn't make a plan, I'd probably roll into self-pity, specially with yesterday being the wedding anniversary. I found some fun, inexpensive, local-color things to do and see and we ending up having a lot of fun.

Okay, he's yacking in my ear so I guess we're heading out now.

Thanks again always. I hope you're okay...this is a rough time still, I think.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard