Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Hey Nic,

YOu sound good and I am so happy to hear there's some sweetness happening over there!

Good God woman, you deserve it so much!

It's the flu. He's not as chatty because of it--it's NOT YOU. YOu are the one who is the rockin' awesome babe and he needs to win you.

My SIL always reminds me I need to get out of the "am I good enough for him" mindset and into the "is he good enough for me" mindset. You and I are similarly insecure so we both need to remind ourselves how great we are, how deserving of love we are, and how we deserve to have the kind of mate who will really nurture the part of us that is ready to love again.

I love that we are so parallel in this journey--it's a crazy world huh!?

Love,
A

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: Lissie
sinshine

Did you write this on purpose, or was it a typo?

Brilliant!!

As for what I'll watch, maybe a horror movie! Nothing romantic. Or maybe they are one and the same, *snort* Actually, I might see if a single friend wants to get together on Sat.

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about creating yourself
My thread: Trusting God's Plan
p.s. this was a reply to what you wrote on my thread--not a reply to your dorky STBX. What a stupid head he is and GOOD FOR YOU for telling him no to Saturday--you're my hero!

L
L
I totally wrote that typ-o on purpose.

;\)

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: MotherMovingOn

It's the flu. He's not as chatty because of it--it's NOT YOU. YOu are the one who is the rockin' awesome babe and he needs to win you.

Thanks, Althea!

Yup, being dumped for another woman sure does a number on the ol' self-esteem, doesn't it? Your thread was good for me to read today.

Love,
N

P
OP Offline
P
Althea - yeah I did figure that out!

Liss - you are hysterical! I am going to remember that one.

B
B
Quote:
So yesterday, after sending me that little love note, he calls all sweet as pie, and asks me if I want to have the kids Sat night b/c he has a "work thing" to go to. Right - Saturday night, two days after Valentine's, he's taking his gf to a work dinner. What am I - brain dead??!! I told him I had plans (yeah - plans to stay home alone and watch a movie, lol),

My X called me about switching his usal night (Thursday) for Wednesday night. I didn't realize it was Valentine's day when he first brought it up. Good thing I made plans a while back. So sorry, can't switch so he can spend the night with his "she's just a friend". I am going out and having a gooooood time!!! LOL

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
I
I
Hi Nic

Your STBX was counting on your wanting to spend any possible moment with the kids so that he could get the best of both world; a night out with his gf and the best caregiver for his kids. I know you might have felt guilty for not agreeing to have the kids but hey, if you did have plans, were you suppose to change them so he could go out and have a good time? Not.

The kids are his responsibility when they are with him so the you did the right thing. Now make plans to invite a friend over to watch a movie, share a bottle of wine and some good company.

And Althea is absolutely right; it's not about whether you deserve him but whether he deserves you. You are awesome and don't forget it.

Much love as always,
ISLH

Me: 49 - S22 & S26
H: 41 - No kids
M: 10/00
Bomb New Year's Day 2006
H living w OW 01/07; have baby 12/07
D final 07/07
Thread #9 - Hope Lives On
A
A
Hey nic,

Happy Valentine's day. Nice going, telling stbx-sh**head that you had plans for Saturday. It was a nice try, as others have said. They really are entirely about self in this MLC mess, aren't they.

Hugs,
AH

L
L
HI ISLH

I have missed you lovey.

Have a great Love day Nic.!!!!!!!!!!!

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God