Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Y
Y
NC,
Only you can decide when you have done everything you can do. In the end you won't have any regrets no matter what the outcome.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.
-- Bernice Johnson Reagon

L
L
How is my friend stuck in the DB paper bag with me?

So, do boys like V Day as much as girls? I often wonder. What do your sons think of it? Do they tolerate it for the candy? lol

L
L
hey lwb, I think boys do like it. My S13 (14 next week) wanted to take a rose to a girl at school he likes. Unfortunately we got hit with a major storm yesterday and couldn't get out.

LuvMyHusband
Me: 41
H: 43
ch: 3
M: 7+ T: 10+
Bomb: EA 8/07, A over phone/net 10/07
Seperated: 9/07
H ended A/EA with OW again on 1/2008
Reconsile: 3/26/2008, H admitted PA
S
S
NoCode-

Thank you for the Valentine's Day greetings. Same to you! Have a great day.

SueS

ME: 42, H: 42, D6
Together: 18 yrs. Married: 15 yrs.
Attended Retrouvaille - December 2009
N
OP Offline
N
Lwb,

My S's are both young enough that they take to Valentine's very well. It's only later, when they're worried about how they appear to their peers that they shy away from the greater significance of the holiday. (Then we get to the age where we can admit our attraction the opposite gender and its good again -- that is until, our marriages are on the rocks.)

My two boys are thrilled about giving cards to everyone. It's all fun for them.

Sue, you're most welcome.

Last edited by NoCodeBlues; 02/14/08 04:46 PM.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
N
OP Offline
N
<journaling>

I picked up my S's last evening, as usual. I stayed friendly, responded to W's queries with brevity, but did not engage any conversation with her myself, as I was gathering up the boys and loading my car to take them with me.

W tried to show me some figures she had been working with, and it represented a slight new line of thinking/feeling she is currently on.

A little background: Eight years ago, almost exactly, on Valentine's Day of 2000, we moved into our house. A couple of months later we found out W was pregnant with S7. As a gift to ourselves and to our child, I decorated the nursery room with an elaborate mural painting, in the style of Trompe-l'oeil. It was a depiction of the Scottish highlands with Scottish terrier puppies running around -- not photorealistic exactly, but more like a living storybook. It took over four months to paint and was a labor of love for me to my wife and new family.

Four years later, W was pregnant with S3, and it was time to prepare another bedroom for S7 to move into to make way for his little brother. So I painted that room with yet another mural -- this time depicting mountains and forests and deserts with a Hot Wheels race-track theme. With S7's racing car bed, the room looked like it was in the middle of a Hot Wheels track about to race into a Loop-the-loop. (FYI, I mimicked the artistic style of the Hot Wheels Highway 35 movies.)

I poured a lot of time, energy and love into creating these works of art. I spent many a long night like Michelangelo or Da Vinci creating these masterpieces for my children' pleasure.

Last summer, when my wife was about to walk out the door and I volunteered to be the one to leave instead, rather than allow her to rip my S's from their home, W had been shocked at my sacrifice. Given her diminished opinion of myself, that I was so very cold and shallow in her jaded view, she thought I would not want to be parted with my works of art -- and assumed I would be intending to stay in the home myself. I told her then two things (1) neither of us could really afford to live in that home on our either of our individual incomes, and (2) that without my family for whom I created these works in the first, they were utterly meaningless to me. If we D, then the house would be sold and the murals would be gone from us. That is the cold, hard reality.

Fast forward to yesterday. W was showing me her recalculations -- and this is why: Apparently she had talked to a real estate agent and they had told her that the murals would have to be painted over in order to be able to make the house sellable.

So W is now trying to figure out some way that I can refinance the home in order to be able to afford to keep it. I looked at her figures, but said very little. W is grasping now. I quietly told her in the end that it was not going to work, that there was nothing we could do. We then dropped the subject so I could continue loading up my car.

I know what's going through W's mind. It is finally dawning on her some of the cost of her much-sought-after D. The house will have to be sold. And in order to be able to do so, those labors of love that are so dear to me and my children will have to be painted over. I knew that already -- W has been in denial apparently.

W is seriously worried how this is going to look to our S's. Only now is she beginning to anticipate the reaction our two small boys are going have upon seeing the blank walls of their rooms. Again, W is more concerned for the guilt she's going to feel for taking away so many things that our S's love than for what this will do to me. She doesn't want to feel the consequences of her decisions, or to appear to be the "bad guy".

Well, sorry, but it's her bed and she can lie in it. If we D then she will have to face our S's, now and in the future -- and I will not insulate her from that, as it will no longer be my duty to do so.

Sin and selfishness have consequences.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
J
J
NoCode,
Sounds like you are right, she is now realizing the consequences of everything.

It really sucks big time that they have to be painted over. Of course, that is the opinion of the realtor. How do they know they won't be appealing to whoever buys the house?

Let her do the painting over the murals. If I were you I would not lift a paintbrush.

Joie

S
S
Another example of "this was more fun before the secret was exposed."

M
M
NCB-

I wouldn't paint over them. Put a note in the real estate brochure that the walls will be painted upon closing if the buyer wishes. Maybe they have kids the same age and it would be a selling point.

Me: 44
S: 17 and 7
Final-6-13-08
I once went to a psychic who told me I would soon feel cheated......
L
L
Quote:
I wouldn't paint over them. Put a note in the real estate brochure that the walls will be painted upon closing if the buyer wishes. Maybe they have kids the same age and it would be a selling point.

I agree with this.

But nocode is looking at the big picture too. The fact that with their family ripped apart the house will have to be sold, the only 'home' their sons have known. Nocode has known this, but his W is just starting to realize these things. My H is going to do what he can to keep me and the girls in this house because he finally realizes this is home to them. If we moved as a family, that is one thing, but if we moved AND divorced, way too much on the girls.

Nocode, I am thinking of you.

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard