Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
Good Morning!

I'll have a non-fat latte, please! It is the morning so I won't be drinking the Guinness just yet.

I am so envious of your job! I think I might go the temp agency route if this latest thing I applied for doesn't work out. The economy is pretty scary right now. Not a good time to be under-employed. Well, at least I bought my house before the bubble so my expenses are manageable. I know people who bought my exact same model and paid more than double what I did!

Take care,
SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

G
G
I've been thinking temp agencies a lot lately but the time I have to work is after my day job. I'm doing okay but back to putting too many monthly expenses on my credit card. I guess that isn't really doing okay is it?

I lucked out and found a flexible part-time evening job with an insurance agency who wants people to make phone calls. I can do that. It doesn't pay a lot but if I work four nights a week I can pay the electric, gas, sewer and water with cash.

GoYin changed the comp plan and I'm only netting about half of what I did before October. It pays for groceries and dog food, most months.

I keep hoping my ship comes in some day but with my luck I won't see it because it will arrive in the few hours I sleep. Yikes!

qoe100 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi SG & Glenda,
I really was lucky to find this job. I highly recommend the temp agency route. If you don't like some place they send you, just quit and say it wasn't a good fit. They don't hold it against you. This is the second time I've worked for a temp agency and both times they found me a job that I liked and I got hired by the actual agency.

When I talked to the mgr at the temp agency, she said "I know the perfect place for you!!" This was after I quit the customer service job at the bank after 2 days!!! It took about 2 wks for the interview to take place but I was hired on the spot. My boss had interviewd about 80 other people so, needless to say, I was flattered. I love working on projects and in this job I get to see them through from beginning to end. And, any project I take on is one less for my boss. She has a lot of responsibility.

Glenda, if your ship comes in, I really hope it's a "cruise" ship, cuz, girl, you need a vacation. BTW, a former co-worker of mine at DOD just retired and got a job on the QEII as a ballroom dance instructor for 6 mos. Now, THAT is the perfect job!!!!

I
I
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(referring to the thread title, not any content w/i, jsyk!)

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
qoe100 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: inspiredjulie
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(referring to the thread title, not any content w/i, jsyk!)

Hey Julie!!!!

BITE ME!!!! ;\)

L
L
YOU sound so wonderful Jilly bean

I loved reading this thread. You have brought a smile to my face. I am so happy for you

and have a great Cruise mamma.

Is it to late for Booze?

I want a bloody Mary, b/c I have never tried one.

HUGS and a lick, oh yeah you get one

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
H
H
Quote:
BTW, a former co-worker of mine at DOD just retired and got a job on the QEII as a ballroom dance instructor for 6 mos. Now, THAT is the perfect job!!!!

Wow Queenie, what a change from the DOD to a ballroom dance instructor. I worked for the DOD a long time ago.

K
K
Quote:
I want a bloody Mary, b/c I have never tried one.

You haven't Lissie? quite tasty! You must like tomato juice tho! lol I can only handle 2 tops, a tad filling espeically if you start munching on the olives! ;\)

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

qoe100 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Lissie
HUGS and a lick, oh yeah you get one

I've been slimed!!!!

Lissie, I've worked hard for this life and I'm going to enjoy it because you never know what disaster is around the next corner.

Karen,
I had a margarita lunch with a GF the other day. Much to my dismay, I was loopy after just 2. Gotta start training for my cruise, otherwise, who will karoake?

qoe100 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: HappyToday
Quote:
BTW, a former co-worker of mine at DOD just retired and got a job on the QEII as a ballroom dance instructor for 6 mos. Now, THAT is the perfect job!!!!

Wow Queenie, what a change from the DOD to a ballroom dance instructor. I worked for the DOD a long time ago.

Not a fun place to work, huh, Happy? Gotta say I hated working for the govt but I'm so glad I stuck it out cuz I got a pretty nice retirement that I can always count on and I got to retire YOUNG. Yes, I'm only 32!!

This co-worker has always been very musically talented. For years, he had a band and also had a very successful act with a partner. He started ballroom dancing a few years ago and has taught classes for awhile. He's never been married and is quite the player. This is a perfect set-up for him. Not so much for the lonely, single women, he'll be instructing onboard.

Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard