Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
T
Tomato Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: FaithfulH

I am a friend of I_Wanna_Make_It_Work....and he mentioned that you might join our monthly "Men Standing" dinner in Nyack.

I am anxiously waiting to hear fm either you Faithful or I Wanna as I am stoked to be invited to your gathering. Please let me know when and where so I can be sure to make it and meet you guys.

I guess I will ammend my sig line to include PM to reach me at.

debut thread
T
Tomato Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Faithful & I Wanna,

When you know the details on next 'Men Standing . .' event plz send to me - skyjockey70@yahoo.com. Thx.

debut thread
T
Tomato Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I had worked my way through providing some history of mine & W's storied M. I had gotten as far as the premiere incident of my W becoming a WAW back in May '06. AKA - my birthday surprise!

Resuming the journey:

Her Dear john letter was left 4 me to digest(on my b-day) and very little of anything else in the house save for the dog, tv & inflatable air mattress for my sleeping pleasure. At this point she was still in the process of finishing her finals to get her degree so she went to stay @ her mom's (who she avoids like the plague)about an hour away.

Her next stop was to migrate back toward the Philly suburbs region to, where we first met, so that she could be right around the corner from her D. So she found a room for rent in newspaper and temporarily settled there. She was living carefree with no job and therefore had tons of time to work on her. She made some noticable changes. She even did some motivational/self help reading. Reading anything is extremely atypical for her. She had some renewed vitality with these efforts she was making. She started eating far more healthy and got a YMCA membership. So the gym and the salad bar became routine for her and she took off some much needed weight. Obviously she started feeling real good about herself, and this also is a pretty big shift fm her usual very low self-esteem. The time apart following this Separation was fairly short-lived (less than 2 mo). By July '06 we were searching for a place together and temporarily living out of a motel room.

It was during this time that the two of us took a giant and perhaps ill-advised leap into the life of the girl I refer to as my D (for no good reason). The first 'home visit' with this child actually (I am embarrassed to say)took place when we didn't even have a home. We hosted her for a weekend and just stayed at a hotel and told her that it was much closer to the amusement park we were heading to.

By late August I found what seemd lie and ideal place for us to call home for a little bit. My intention was for this to be the last place we would rent before hitting the housing market to purchase our first home once we set some $ aside.

The best laid plans of mice and men . . .

W begrudgingly took a job out of her criminal justice field and worked FT as a Cosmetics Counter Mgr @Macy's Dept store. As was the pattern withmore jobs of hers than I can remember, it was a roller coaster as to whether she liked the job or hated the job. One thing was for sure, she was perfectly suited for sales work and she was turning record #'s and receiving all sorts of attn and accolades for her productivity. She remained there for about 6 months and then decided that she needed to put it in high gear to get a much better paying job with the state and in her field.

Here is where the Sh*^% hit the fan and I thought that I had blown my marriage to smithereens.

TO B CONT'D

debut thread
T
Tomato Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I am getting ready to shoot out the door for the friendly sky's, actually they appear a little less than friendly tonight with some small thunderstorms lingering around my route of flight. It is a fine way to make a living . .& somebody's got to get the freight to it's destination.

In another couple of hour when I hope to be on the ground safely, the beginning of what figures to be a night from hell will start 4 me. I do not know how I wil l get through just this one night without breaking down in pieces. I have never wanted something more in my entire life then to have my darling W with me.

Oh well time to go let the plane do the work!

Lord have mercy on me amd my W and all fighting for there M's!

debut thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard