Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
T
Tomato Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I am struggling to identify positives. Being here in a house for long stretches at a time alone is wearing me thin. I am fully aware that I need to get out and do something that could bring me some fun and entertainment in the final couple days of vaca. I am not without motivation to do that but just can't seem to find anything or anyone to get out and GAL. This is starting to suck.

I guess sometimes you just have to force yourself against the grain. For instance, even though I am not really enthused by the idea, taking the doggie out and about is something she can never get enough of. And who knows what experiences I may or may not happen upon in the process of that activity. So, I guess I know what I am going to do next.

debut thread
W
W2G Offline
W
Hi Tomato,

I also struggle with what to do to actively get a life. I have a little girl and although she keeps me busy most of the time I also need to try to figure out how to get a life for myself. I think I've kind of lost myself in being a wife and a mother.. and now that I do not have to focus any attention of the "wife" responsibilities at this time I'd like to come up with some things I'd like to do for me. I'm just not sure what they are or how to go about doing them.

I'm going to try to make plans for next Saturday.. Maybe find somewhere to Karaoke. I love to sing and used to Karaoke a lot (many years ago now). My H is planning on taking D2 on their first overnighter since the separation next Saturday night.

I'm glad you've got your best friend Rue to keep you company.. and I hear it is a good way to meet new people... hanging out at the dog park!

Good luck.

Me 34/H 32
D 3

Previous Thread
B
B
Tomato,

I am jealous! I have always wanted to go to DC. Lucky you....I saw your comment on my thread and my first thought was, "Isn't he on vacation?" so I came to check out your thread. Try to enjoy your last couple days. Maybe go see a movie if there is one you have been wanting to see. A bunch of popcorn and an interesting movie always keeps me occupied for at least a few hours....

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
B
B
Hope you had a great time in D.C. glad you're safe.

M 5yrs
1st baby-girl born 6/18/08
Bomb: 10/13/07 OW - I was 6wks Prego
H Moved in w/OW: 11/2/07
D Final 07/10
OW had his baby 3/17/09-so her
Me, now - happier than I ever was with him
T
Tomato Offline OP
OP Offline
T
While I am thinking about it . . a funny (my kind of twisted humor anyway)episode that arose on my trip 2 DC w/ Rue. We were staying on the 10th floor @ the Sheraton National Hotel. My sweetie, her official name being Princess Rennie Rue, is neither a city dog nor is she known for amazing feats of bravado. She is as much of a tender-hearted girl as can be \:\) So anyway she made (as best I can recall) her debut of riding in an elevator on Thursday/Fri , because while I love her to pieces, I sure as heck wasn't about to keel over from taking her up/dn 10 flights of stairs each and every time she had to do her thing. When we made our way up to the room for the first time she was wanting to have no part of the shiny brass compartment with the mechanical doors. But each succesive time(and there were many) we rode the thing, she adapted a little more to it as long as long as her Pop provided some soothing words of encouragement. It was funny to me seeing her get all rubbery legged and slink to the floor of the cab as we made our way up to our posh accomodations.

It just ocurred to me . .the parallel between that episode and the frightening episodes that each and every one of us is having to endure and grin and bear it like my Rue had to. Food for thought.

As we are on the eve of the day of the Lord, listen to what he may be conveying to you. As with all listening, listen for understanding and your heart will be transformed.

debut thread
T
Tomato Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Where2, BobbiJo & Blinsided1,

Thx for saying hello and inquiring about my mini trip to DC. As you can see fm my last post, I always mangage to have a good time in spite of the swirling tornado that I find myself in the eye of.

I just repeatedly ask that the Lord keep me parked for now in the 'eye' where the winds are calm.

Never give up, the Lord is helping you 'fight the good fight'.

debut thread
R
R
Tomato,

Thanks for posting on my thread and leading me to yours. I've been able to check up on your situation and please know you have a kindred spirit here in me and I'll be a regular support to your postings as I hope you will be in mine.

First off, I can totally empathize with you when you 1st posted. Getting everything off your chest is very theraputic, but when you don't get responses, you feel very, very lonely. I was overjoyed when I finally got a response to my thread, and since that time, I've made sure to keep up with SPM and essie as they were the ones who welcomed me into the fold on this site. It is now so validating to post, even when we don't get responses, because you KNOW someone is out there reading your story and the people who can help you the most will always open themselves up to you.

I know you are a very religious man, and although I'm not active in a church, I do believe that God has a plan for us all and everything happens for a reason. I read the DR book when I did because that was when I was ready to understand it. I hit this site when I did because that is when I was supposed to look outside for some support. My M is having trouble because I'm supposed to learn adn grow from this experience. It is painful, but it is necessary. All things happen for a reason and while I may not initially like the ultimate outcome of things, the ultimate outcome is what I'm supposed to experience and learn from.

Continue to be patient and continue to work on growing and loving yourself. I'll be around as I'm glad to find another man who is having difficulties with a W in MLC.

The "major medical events" we share in our stories have led to this behavior in our W's, so we can definitely help each other along this long and bumpy path called MLC.

Talk to you later.
RTL

M:38; D: 6
Divorce Final: 10/6/08

T
Tomato Offline OP
OP Offline
T
RTL

Wonderful to hear fm you. We were aparently posting on each other's thread simultaneously .ha ha. We'll make it through with each others help. There is a plan indeed and it is not ours, we'll be made to conform in any case (kinda like the round peg in the square hole at certain times).

debut thread
A
A
Tomato,

Not much to add, sounds like you have a good PMA. Good to hear you have the dog around for some companionship and support. W and I had to put ours down just prior to the bomb dropping. Probably part of her scale tipping. Miss that little guy a lot. She actually got me a lab 5 days prior to leaving, and I had to give her up since I was now alone and she was a pup and alone all day. Wish I could get a dog right now but between work it just wouldn't be good for the dog.

I've found in GAL that trying new things is pretty cool too. Do the dog park for sure, it is as much for the owners as it is for the dogs. I always used to meet the coolest people there.

Me: 31
W: 31
S: 2
Bomb 6-24-07
Seperated 6-24-07
W Filed October
Temp. Hearing 11-26-07
Completely Sober Jan. 2, 08.
S
S
I too have been finding it hard to do GAL activities on my own. I've been doing lots of things with the kids, but have not had much time for myself. That has all changed this last week as we have started our parenting plan. I started something totally new for me - golf lessons. I hope that as spring comes around that I will be good enough to get out on the course.

You might want to checkout meetup.com to see what things they have in your area of eastern PA: http://www.meetup.com/cities/us/pa/

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard