Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
L
L
Glad your sis spent time with you lovey.

Those walks sound wonderful. Your son is gonna just LOVE the cleaning bathroom lesson. NOT!

Have a great day

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
Lissie #1333883 01/22/08 02:23 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Hey lissie, thanks for posting. How are you??? What is the status of your legal stuff???

A
A
YIKES! Strong son...hope your rib is better!

Your xh is just as odd as ever. Still a checking account with your name and asking about your life.....

But, you sound good, and getting better each day!

xoxo, Always

always_14 #1334192 01/22/08 07:19 PM
F
F
AH, babe,

I've been thinking about this. In that little pink book, The Script which I recommend ad nauseum, there is a small section on this.

The ex-husband will try in some way to keep a connection to his "old" life. As the people in his new life wish his old one would disappear, and people in his old life certainly don't want to hear about his new one, he tries to keep his life whole by keeping bits of his old life in his new one. (Jeeepers, that sounds complicated!)

Many years ago, when I first tried sewing, I made a beautiful (if I do say so myself) smoking jacket in burgundy silk with black velvet collar and cuffs for my now ex-husband. He barely wore it, actually I wore it more than he. However, it was one of the few items of clothing at the house that he took with him.

Now tell me, what new love of his is going to want to look at that? "Oh, yeah, my ex-wife made that for me...." is a real conversation starter.

So don't try to figure, just realize it seems very typical, and be amused like I know you are.

kisses babe

J

A
OP Offline
A
Hey always, yup, little S15 isn't so little anymore. The rib is much better, after 10 or 12 rough days, thanks.

F1,

jeez louise, I thought I was the crazy one. That connections thing is weird, but not so much in the context of all the other MLC craziness. Wouldn't that feel awful not to be able to talk about your past--just like you were born today with no history. Not for me.

thanks for visitin' ladies.

F
F
Nope, babe. You aren't crazy. Well, as far as we know! :-)))

Yes, it's crazy making. Seems weird, but what ow wants to hear "oh, my ex-wife blah blah blah" or horror of horrors, he screws up and says "his wife" and not referring to her.

Oooopsies! That would be bad.

I literally took the rest of the plates and glasses that he took his "half" of (didn't report that to the lawyer, wonder why?) and deposited them on sis-in-law's porch. she can throw them away or mail them to him. Or skeet shoot. Whatever.

We are "allowed" to keep our memories, while they aren't. Sux to be them, yes?

kisses

J

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: FriendlyOneDuh
We are "allowed" to keep our memories, while they aren't. Sux to be them, yes?

You are a smart cookie...we are allowed and we are the lucky ones in that.

I hope you're staying warm, I couldn't take it, below 60 and I require three layers.

F
F
Jeeeeepers! You're not supposed to notice. Golly! Time to bleach the mop.

You are very sweet. Yes, I am staying warm. Haven't kidnapped any men to use as alternate heat sources (yet), so I'm doing groovy.

Yes, we are lucky. We must remember that for our general all around peace of mind. Heaven knows we deserve that.

kisses babe

J

A
OP Offline
A
My Christmas cacti are blooming for the second time this season. This is one of those tiny things that gives me joy to see. I have two cacti that are several (many) years old. Every year I dutifully ignore them for 11 months, until December 10. Then I usually get about a month's worth of gorgeous. Well, bloom time this year was only about 2-3 weeks, and now, shazam, I've got twice as many blooms as I had in December. Hurray, I've got valentine's day cacti.

No, I'm not crazy, just enjoying the small stuff, and avoiding getting ready for work!

J
J
Happy Valentines Day !!

How are you doing sweetie?

I think of you often.....hoping your getting stronger each and every day!

HUGS

Jeanette

Change the Policy.
Allow PM's
Free all of us.

Also some new and improved emoticons would be nice!

:-)
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard