Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Fender. I understand that i am stuck with her. I understand that others have it worse. And i understand that i cant carry this anger.

But I expressed my displeasure with what she did in a very respectful manner. I did not yell or carry on about it. She chose to try and dismiss my feelings as usual and I let it drop and went skating with my kids.

But I do feel like I have every right to be angry with her over this. I think my reaction to that anger was in line. I confronted the issue in a respectful manner. All I'm doing now Fender is venting my frustrations in an attempt to process and move forward from it. Again....healthy IMHO.

Scott: 38
X: 39
M: 13yrs D: 12/12/08
S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA
Bomb: 8/10/06 S: 01/07 Asked for D: 05/07 Mediation 07/07

"And when all's been said and done
It's the things that are given, not won
Are the things that you want"
- Gomez; See the World
L
L
Hi D ;\)

Quote:
I understand that i am stuck with her.

I hope in time, you will see it as not being stuck. I hope in time she will learn to be a good mom, and at least be a cordial co-parent.

You do have every right to be angry, and what she did was super wrong.

I'm sorry that she chose to dismiss it, but as of right now, you can't expect anything else.

Just don't let the anger consume you, I know you won't, but the kids do notice.

And you knows yours are super smart.

k?

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
I
I
Hey scottie2hottie...

I was just commenting to a friend the other day that I wish we didn't have to 'keep' the X b/c of the kid connection. The other night, my X called twice in the evening and I answered b/c I thought maybe the girls needed me. But nope, it was just him. I'd love to go a couple of weeks w/o contact.

Sorry that your X is being an irresponsible parent. That is tough. Wish I had some great words of wisdom about not letting it bother you or blah blah blah, but I don't. They can be frustrating as h3ll! So keep taking care of you and keep being that advocate your kids deserve.

Speaking of OP in our kids' lives, I was talking to OW's X last night and he said what kills him is going to pick up his girls and the 4 of them (OW, his D12 and D9 and my X) are sitting on the couch together and he just feels rage that my x has taken his place in his family. The good news in all of that for me is that not once have I picked up my kids and had OW there. Lucky me. Cuz I know that would suck. And then D6 told me the other day that even tho we are D'd, that doesn't mean we can't live in the same house. I just laughed and said 'yes it does'. Can you imagine me making coffee for OW in the morning???!!!

Take care, S2H. Love sharing the craziness w/ ya. So don't feel alone.

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Bean. You know I'll let it go. Already am. Her behavior really doesn't keep me down for long. I'm good sweetie.

Thanks so much sweet julie! And I know I have it SO good compared to you. I really do. I don't know how you do it sweetie. I really don't!!!

P's mother lives with her and her dad and step mom live across the street. It was a super ugly D and he was (and is) a super jerk. BAD stuff. But now her mom and step mom are good friend's and she has forgiven her X. How? I do not know. But it gives me hope.

S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA

- Gomez; See the World
S
S
curious...did p's dad have an affair with the stepmom?

scott, I totally understand the venting. it IS frustrating. but I'm also glad that you aren't letting it pull you down. just keep on being you. \:\)

M-41
H-38
M-10 years, T-14 years
Bomb-PA 3/19/07
Separated-6/7/07
Piecing/h back home 5/08
S-6
S-4
D-4

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says, 'I'll try again tomorrow.'"

-Mary Anne Radmacher
swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
He had affairs...not sure if the R with her stepmom was one of them or later. But he did a lot more than that. And thanks M!!!

S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA

- Gomez; See the World
B
B
Quote:
I was just commenting to a friend the other day that I wish we didn't have to 'keep' the X b/c of the kid connection. The other night, my X called twice in the evening and I answered b/c I thought maybe the girls needed me. But nope, it was just him. I'd love to go a couple of weeks w/o contact.

ITA Jules!!! Sooooo many times I look at the caller ID and DON'T want to answer, but I know I have to because of the kids. I am so comfortable in my life except when I have to talk to him.And that is part of the reaon behind my wanting to handle things with him through e-mail....that and the fact that he seems to only remember twisted conversations where I agree with him, even though it never happened!!! And amazingly he has no memory of the name calling and accusations he throws at me.

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
S
S
suzy, I am sooo much happier since we took most, if not all, of our R/business talk to e-mail! now when I see h, it still sucks, but its all small talk for the most part, so its not threatening or too terribly annoying.

M-41
H-38
M-10 years, T-14 years
Bomb-PA 3/19/07
Separated-6/7/07
Piecing/h back home 5/08
S-6
S-4
D-4

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says, 'I'll try again tomorrow.'"

-Mary Anne Radmacher
swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
I was actually talking with a friend today about this. Obviously we will need to find a way to deal with conflict. Because if we are going to parent together than we will have conflict. So I may ask her how she wants to communicate about this stuff and limit it to that.

S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA

- Gomez; See the World
I
I
Well, and it is getting easy to converse w/ X. So talking to him the other day wasn't a big deal other than I want to pick and choose. I want to be able to choose to not talk to him for a week or two if I don't want to. Yet, I answer b/c the kids might need me.

So it does get easier, the closer you get to the D and all. It is amazingly easier to talk to my X now and before I would get all frazzled. But sheesh... ;\)

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard