Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
F
fig Offline
F
goooooooooooooooood morning cutie!!!!!

smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooches!!!!

W
W
Morning Strat,

Hot joe for ya here.

Fender Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey guys. Well I had a great weekend. GF, D12 and I went to the beach to see a Christmas show. It was really well done and a good time was had by all.

Got back to GF's house Sunday night. We opened a huge bottle of Blue Nun and started wrapping gifts. Nearly five hours later the wine was gone but the gifts were all done.

Got up and headed home this morning, looking forward to a short nap before starting my day. Just as I was starting to doze GF called and said her BMW was acting up.

This is a 2006 325i and it was just in the shop last week for a whole host of issues, not the least of which was the central locking computer went out. None of the doors locks would work and we could only get the drivers side door open. One of the hood latches quit working, the cigarette lighter, used for charging cell phone only, stopped working and the ignition key switch wouldn't hold the key in place.

Well they fixed all of that but today the starter was making some weird noise and GF asked me to take it in to the dealer. It is still under warranty so no biggy. Of course they could not duplicate the problem and told me to bring it back if it made the noise again.

I am somewhat baffled by this. This is a BMW and in my mind it should not have so many problems this soon. I know all cars have some issues but wow, this is not cool.

The rest of my day was spent putting on new cabinet and drawer hardware in GF's bathroom. Then stripping the paint off of her kitchen cabinet doors, which are in my garage right now. They had about 8 layers of enamel paint on them and needed to be stripped in order to repaint them properly.

I took S18 and D12 out to for Chinese buffet for supper. We ate sushi and lots of fried rice. All in all a good day.

Last edited by Fender; 12/18/07 04:54 AM.

Me 45
WAW 46
Married 23yrs
D22
S18
D12
W moved out 1/12/07
Divorce Final 2/06/08
Fender Offline OP
OP Offline
I almost forgot some good news. My L called and said we are going to court on February 6th. She said as long as stbxw doesn't ask for any changes everything will be finalized that day. The support agreement, the custody agreement and the divorce. I hope no one here judges me but I am so ready to get this over with.

Me 45
WAW 46
Married 23yrs
D22
S18
D12
W moved out 1/12/07
Divorce Final 2/06/08
S
S
Dude, wrong forum for judgment on your wanting it to be over. Completely understood....

You Fender have done great. You made your stance, realized where you stood in your heart, and followed through with what you needed to do.

It is said over and over that this sight is not simply about saving your marriage, it is about saving yourself. You sir, have done that......

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

W
W
Good for you, Strat! I am totally on board with you on getting it over. And a little jealous. That's pretty odd about the car. Did she buy it new? Sure sounds like there's some problems with the electricals. I'm wondering if there isn't a bad voltage regulator/rectifier in there somewhere that's frying things.

Fender Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Ian and WT.

Yes, she bought the car new. If she had bought it used she would have gotten a 100,000 mile warranty instead of the 50,000. Go figure that one out.

Just got back from the dentist. I broke a tooth last Saturday and just got in today. Good thing too, it needs a crown and since I am technically still on active duty they are doing it for free. Once I am fully retired I will have to pay what the insurance wont cover, which is pretty much everything more than a filling. Insurance is the racket of the century.

Me 45
WAW 46
Married 23yrs
D22
S18
D12
W moved out 1/12/07
Divorce Final 2/06/08
W
W
That car would worry me. Enough to think about replacing it, because that ain't right.

Insurance is the racket of the century. I just got a letter from my life carrier yesterday, as did my daughter. We are both requested to verify medical histories and provide documentation. Obviously they actually look at their paperwork, since they're sending such a request to a 4 y.o. Thinking about answering that one in crayon.

Fender Offline OP
OP Offline
Nothing says stupid like a company sending a letter like that to a 4yr old.

Crayola baby!

Me 45
WAW 46
Married 23yrs
D22
S18
D12
W moved out 1/12/07
Divorce Final 2/06/08
W
W
Word brother.