Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Originally Posted By: Glenda_aka_kc
Ya know...if I had any savings I'd rent a private plane and bring all of you up here for my own private get together.

Uh....NO!!! Pick us all up and we'll go somewhere warm and tropical, sit on the beach and drink foofoo drinks, while watching Beth on her pole, All in his blaze orange thong, C2 with his butt light, Karen guzzling wine like there's no tomorrow and who knows what else!!! Alaska, NO!!! Tropics, YES!!!!

Last edited by qoe100; 12/15/07 02:57 PM.
K
K
Where do I sign up?

My sitch
More importantly, Light A Million Candles
G
OP Offline
G
Jill, I'm negligent in getting my passport -- STILL -- so as tropical as I could go would be California, Texas, or Florida. I guess I see the #1 on my goals for 2008 list.

I guess I'm definitely in the right place again. I am flipping bipolar (manic depressive in older terms) right now. I've been in the flipping abyss but today I'm walking on sunshine. Inspired Julie -- you might have to rethink your analysis of the "most cookoo" over here -- I think that is the person looking for her red slippers!

I'm checking in on a few more and then I'm out the door. My list today is loooong.

Wow Glenda!

Sounds like having some time with your Grandchildren worked for you! You do sound as if emotionally you have a handle on things.

Ya know, I've been thinking about Christmas and your sitch. Will you have the kids over or will you go to one of their homes?

As far as Christmas with the ex and OW, how do they feel about that? Have they met her? I'll bet that they aren't too crazy about having to see their Dad with her being there. Do you remember Vee from MLC? She only lives about 45 minutes from here and we have remained good friends. She has 4 kids, 2 speak to their Dad, 2 don't. Vee's pretty sure her ex got married but he has yet to tell any of his kids. Anyway, she said that he gave them an ultimatum. If they want to have anykind of relationship with him they have to include her. So today the 2 oldest were going over to celebrate the holiday, both with very mixed emotions. I told Vee that I bet they were very apprehensive but they have a need to have their Dad in their life. Who knows what will come from this visit? They may be so uncomfortable with the whole thing that they won't ever do it again or this woman may be nothing like they imagined. From what Vee said, they are both having very mixed emotions because of the guilt they feel for possibly causing their Mom any sadness.

Let's face it, all of our kids are probably going to be faced with this decision at some point. I don't doubt for a minute that it must be very stressful for them. Every child, no matter what age, want to be able to spend their holiday with both parents, preferably at the sametime. Really, what other choice are they left with? It's very plain to see who your children know they can count on. When your DIL hurt her knee and needed help with their babies, who did they call? That says more than one December afternoon spent with their Father!

Thanks for the book recommendation. I have to go to my home away from home (Barnes & Noble) this week and I will check it out. Way to go on making plans and making the 22nd a great day!

Love,
Bethie

G
OP Offline
G
The "Christmas" at dad's is the only one that is going to happen. We were all supposed to get together on the 9th at S and DIL's house, but DIL fell on the 8th. Last year we all gathered at daughter's house, but her XH is back from Iraq and her children are gone to Hawaii with him on the 19th -- well, with him, their brother from his first marriage, and his current wife and son. So daughter is going to dad's with just her SO and she said she is glad her kids won't be here and she is hoping "roommate" isn't either.

It is stressful for my kids. I know it is and I'm trying as hard as I can to be happy, chipper and talk about my day at the spa. I'm sure they all know I'd rather be with them and their dad but that isn't behind door #1, #2, or #3 at this time so ...

I guess time with S24 and DIL did give me a little better perspective on how their lives are going right now and financially it isn't going great. So, Ms "kittyclaws" aka "kc" went shopping today and made some great "scores" for Santa. I found a My First Leap Pad with three books, a table and chair, in almost new condition for under $50, a wagon that has Lego mega blocks inside, again in almost new condition, for $10 at one of the local consignment shops, and a new Care bear with a Care bear video. I went to Walmart for a couple of things for my house and they had a Walmart exclusive "dance pad" game for kids so I got that, too. I also found some DVDs I know the kids will like and I even bought one of my favorites, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas!" and plan to watch it soon. I know S and DIL might want to do stocking shopping but S is so tired from this last week, he may not and I don't think DIL will be doing any driving for a while.

I am feeling MUCH better. I am one of those touchy-feely people. It drove XH nuts sometimes as he is a very physically aloof type person. In the last two years, I have been sorely lacking in the getting any hugs department and it does make a difference.

Glenda,
Why not plan something for you and your kids after Christmas or for New Years even?

You're sounding much better and that makes me HAPPY!!!

Absolutely when you come to MI, look me up. My email is qoe100@aol.com.

G
OP Offline
G
Okay, when it snows, it blizzards -- figured that was geared more toward Alaska BUT we don't have more than about an inch of snow right now.

Today, I received an invitation to a Christmas party in the mail on none other than the 22nd -- so, I guess I will be at the spa and then go see what trouble I can get in to. Actually, I can't get into much. I told my friend I'd bring the "virgin" punch . Can I say that here? Maybe I should just say, the nonalcoholic punch. I have to drive to her house and then drive home and I plan to take my Adderall anyway, even if it is Saturday, so I can put several sentences together without needing an interpreter -- although this is the friend who coached me through several math classes and told the professor to just go on. I would never get it with his explanation and she would explain it to me later. Thank goodness for my crazy poli sci major, math minor friend.

The job has actually gone much better the last two days. New org chart, new supervisor; however, my old supervisor still takes everything AFTER I've done the work to a finished product, changes a couple of little things, and then presents it. I really don't care except the changes she makes are dumb. THEN she sends them back to me that comes out of our manual chapters that needs to be turned into a form because she hasn't had any training on 2007. Me neither. I've been wracking my brain for the two weeks she was on vacation, though. Today, I figured out that Word 2007 doesn't let you make forms like Word 2003 did. You need to use InfoPath 2007. Darn Microsoft is good at figuring out how to increase their bottom line.

I was trying to work in the SharePoint site today and set up some action items. We are supposed to have "workflow" but now Microsoft says that is a custom configuration. Use of the workflow was the only reason we upgraded and I'm wondering if our IT group actually talked with Microsoft and the documentation is incorrect in workflow being an out of the box tool OR if they just need some training themselves. HSS is the first group of state employees to upgrade to the MOSS SharePoint and I had to put in several work orders just to get all the programs I was supposed to have from the get go. And, it has to be a work order as none of us chumps are allowed to put anything on a state computer.

Oh well, another work order today. I am supposed to be a site administrator and I don't even have read privileges for some of the data. Huh? So that put a kabosh on our "work around" of using the action item list for deliverables action. I'm not allowed to post an action item.

So, the frustrations with the job wax and wane. Gov Sarah gave us all Monday afternoon off. I'm tempted to add Monday morning to my leave slip and say adios to that place until 2008.

Well, it's time to do the dishes and some laundry.

G
OP Offline
G
Sometimes I am just left speechless. Not often, but once in a while. We were sent home from work early today -- why, you ask? Bad snow storm. Helloooo. We live in Alaska for crying out loud. It really isn't a bad storm just light fluffy snow, so that means when people drive like a bat out of H#!! it flies around like a white out.

I'm doing just such boring stuff. Took my car in today for service. Scheduled it on line. WOW. Cool! Has anyone else scheduled online service for a vehicle? It automatically fills in the VIN, etc., since I have a service maintenance agreement from the dealership. So, I drop it off and have to fill out the regular form...uh...why? So, I just fill out the top info and refer to the printed out on line form. Get back to pick it up and am reading the print out. Hmmm...I don't see where they checked out the shifter, so I ask the young lady. Nope, her paperwork doesn't say anything about that. Did I request it? Why, yes, on the online form when I scheduled the service. See, it is even printed out there on Page 2. So, she calls my service writer and he apologizes -- he didn't read the on line form I printed out. Geez. This seemed like such a great idea BUT I do have to get back to work now. Ugh.

Well, I'm not sure I have that much personal time off left but I did it anyway -- requested Monday morning off since all nonessential personnel were given Monday afternoon off. I just couldn't see any value in having the weekend off, going to work Monday morning, and then taking leave until 2008. Lots of people I work with have commented that Sarah is the first governor ever to give employees Christmas eve afternoon off.

Hope everyone is doing well. I guess I'm drinking enough of my own GoYin inventory to improve my mood.

K
K
Glenda,

Enjoy the party!

The prez gave the nonessential federal workers Monday off, and I got lucky. My employer did the same for us, taking the hit since they can't bill the government when we're not there.

If I don't catch you before Tuesday, Merry Christmas! (If I do, well, then "Merry Christmas!")

Thanks,

Joe

My sitch
More importantly, Light A Million Candles
G
OP Offline
G
Merry Christmas to you, too, Joe. Nothing wrong with "digital" Christmas cards....quite the green movement actually. Saves paper, ink, stamps -- and provides a venue to use your children's wonderful art.

Today, I'm feeling a little sad for daughter and XH. I know...it's just a side-effect of neurobiological disorders. I talked to daughter last night and she isn't excited about going to dad's house to help start the "new family Christmas tradition."

I had no idea that was how his invitation was written until S22 told me last night. He had talked to his dad on the phone and then later read his e-mail. He said it made him angry when he read the e-mail because he doesn't want a "new family Christmas tradition" unless it involves our whole family and since it doesn't involve me -- well ... He said he wasn't going to leave me by myself while everyone else in "our family" was at dad's house. I told him I had planned to go to the spa and then was invited to a Christmas party. He asked me whose party and I told him. He wants to go.

S24 told me last night he is not going to dad's as his wife still cannot get into his truck with her knee brace. I told daughter when she called last night that her brothers aren't going -- she was not too happy about the thought of going by herself so I don't know if she will go either. I told her, if it was "my" party I'd drive out and let S24's family come in my car BUT ...

Her SO was going to go with her but he now has too many dictations to do from his ER shifts and he wants to have them all done before they leave Tuesday night on their vacation.

So, the tornado is still active here in the Land of Oz and it occurred to me today I can't wait to find out how this outcome is somehow all my fault because I'm "mean" to XH.?

Oh, well, I'm off to the bank, then the spa, then the party. Tomorrow, I'm off to Home Depot to either rent or buy a mitre saw. I'd rather not add to my arsenal of power tools but I have a feeling the rent will be more than the purchase.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard