Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
I
OP Offline
I
Feeling like I am fighting a breakdown today. Kids are having a really rough go of it and it's breaking my heart. Just trying to get thru the day without losing it.

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
L
L
((((((((((((((((((((((Jules))))))))))))))))

I could just squeeze those babies of yours. Our babies are so innocent, and they don't need this crap, UGH

Happy heart thoughts going your way dear heart.

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
S
S
ah honey! I'm sorry. Beat on the bed since STBX is not around for you to slap! Wish I could make it better. Just yesterday I was thinking I have a friend I'd love to fix you up with...like that would solve anything, but I WAS thinking it...

Breathe, stretch, breathe again, have a good cry if ya need it...kick the cat. No wait, ASPCA...go find a place where you can lose it and not have it trickle down onto the innocents. You'll feel better if you get some of it out.

This sucks for kids but how lucky yours are to have stable you!

I have a shovel and I'm not afraid to use it.
Stubby
S
S
(((HUGS))) Julie, I'm so sorry, honey. its so hard to see our kids suffer, isn't it?

stay strong.

M-41
H-38
M-10 years, T-14 years
Bomb-PA 3/19/07
Separated-6/7/07
Piecing/h back home 5/08
S-6
S-4
D-4

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says, 'I'll try again tomorrow.'"

-Mary Anne Radmacher
SallyM #1292207 12/11/07 05:34 PM
F
fig Offline
F
take them outside and throw snow at them...

In the summer I hose them down and during the winter I snowball them....

it helps

takes their minds off of it
gets you winded
makes you laugh

and gives you a good reason to drink steaming hot chocolate with whipped cream and sprinkles

smoooooooches sweetie

fig #1292250 12/11/07 06:13 PM
S
S
"sprinkles"?!?!?!?!?!?! have you no schnapps or brandy woman?!??!?!?

FOO FOO "SPRINKLES!" CRAP ON THAT, HIT THE BOOZE

I have a shovel and I'm not afraid to use it.
Stubby
Oh sweetie.... {{{{{{{Jules}}}}}}}

What do you think would help you? Love you girl!! I can't imagine how hard it would be to see your kids hurting like that. You are doing a GREAT job being there for them. They share their pain with YOU. How lucky they are to have you. Your kiddos are strong, and you can have total confidence that you are not causing them this pain. This may be when they were meant to learn to deal with serious pain in life and things not going the way they thought they would and should. That book Who Moved My Cheese just came to mind. It's such a simple story. I wonder if you could tell an even simpler version of that to children their age.

Letting it out can help and be healthy, but I know that doesn't always seem to help you. Relaxation? A bubble bath? Yoga? Reading a little out of a book on this subject maybe, might be just the reminder you could use to know that this is normal and that you're doing the right things here, and might give you a new idea you can try out. Having something I can do or try always seems to help me. And focusing on the positives. Can be hard to do when you're really hurting, but it helps. What's good?

You're doing a wonderful, fantabulous job, babe. You matter. \:\)

Me: 37
M: 14 yrs
Separated 10/06; Filed for D 12/07
Life is good.
F
fig Offline
F
hey she asked for sprinkles before!!!

I am all about the irish cofee and the peppermint patties in the cold

but sometimes we all need sprinkles!!!!

fig #1292350 12/11/07 07:33 PM
That's for sure, Fig. Sprinkles are good. Irish coffee, mmmm, even better. But Julie doesn't like coffee. I'll take hers, and give her more Sprinkles on top of the whipped cream on her hot chocolate. I love your suggestion to just throw snowballs at the girls. Now that's a truly great idea, I'd be sure to do that myself if it were me.

Me: 37
M: 14 yrs
Separated 10/06; Filed for D 12/07
Life is good.
Sorry you're having a rough go of it. What if you spent 5-minutes visualizing yourself past the problem when everything is wonderful? Really experience it in all its glory....because if you can project yourself to that place, then you'll realize that this pain and difficulty is temporary.

I know it's hard to see your babies suffer, but they will be okay. I know this because they have you as a mommy, and, despite your H's selfish actions, you know he does love them as well. Love conquers all...and your children are loved.

I vote for play too. Go play in the snow. Run and yell and work out that energy into a good place.

SD

Me: 40
H: 43
H had EA from 2/06-9/06
Bomb 5/06
Piecing since 9/2006
3/2008: Boundary setting
7/2009: Boundary crossing~dropped my own bomb.
8/2010: Marriage finally on track!
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard