Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
K
kml Offline
K
LOL!!! I just saw in our local paper that the is a "Hustle Club" complete with free lessons beforehand!!! I guess everything old is new again.

Ellie

S
S
Ahhh Tom, nothing like a little Hey Nineteen to get you going......

Disco Duck was all the rage........

Have a blast dude....

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

A
OP Offline
A
This is so cool,,,,, I was given a dollar bill as change last night at a local club. On it was written "wheresgeorge.com" I just went to this site and traced where this bill has been and how far it's traveled. Wonder if there is a site... "whereismyex.com" where we can track our WAS's

Very cool site. I'm so easily amused these days.. LOL!

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A
Hey thanks Ian! Where have you been buddy? I see you've made a new home in surviving... I don't know whether to say I'm sorry or congratulate you. Maybe both of those sentiments would be appropriate.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A
I think the OW from the long distance relationship is confused on whether she wants to continue this relationship or not.

One minute she tells me she feels bad because she pursues something she wants instead of what's best. I have no ideal what she means by that. When she starts to get a little flaky, I leave her alone and don't call. The minute I don't contact her, she's calling me saying she's always thinking of me and doesn't care about the distance or the baggage we are both carrying around.

I'm starting to think I should move on. She's been indecisive and give me conflicting signals all the time. I told her I'm just living in the here and now and not looking at the distance between us as an obstacle. I told her I would understand if she didn't want to continue on with our relationship.

I think she's afraid to hurt me, but I have some pretty thick skin these days. Other times, she's calling me telling me she's thinking of me constantly.

I just don't know what to make of it. This dating stuff is confusing for me sometimes. There is OW who wants to go out with me, but tells me she doesn't want to get involved with a guy who's just fresh on the dating scene, she wants to settle down... WTF? How else do you settle down with somebody if you don't go out and date. Now she says were just friends going out, but her eyes say something different when she's around me. She a hard read to.

How do you play this game? Where is the rule book? I just want to have some fun for a change. Why does there always need to be drama?

-Mark Twain
W
W
Tom,

It seems to me that sometimes people, especially those looking at us from the outside, attach a lot more expectations to our relationships than we do ourselves. The question is, how thick is that skin?

If you really are just having fun, then it seems to me that she should know how you view her. Is she a great friend that could be more, but for the time being doesn't have to be? Is she more? Is she less? Just my $.02. My experience suggests that keeping it simple is the way to go. Of course, my experience also suggests that a lot of other peoples' opinions are biased and full of sh!t, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me after all.

Hope that's clear as mud.

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: WildThing
Is she a great friend that could be more, but for the time being doesn't have to be?

That's the ticket! I told her this same thing.

-Mark Twain
W
W
Amen brother.

A
OP Offline
A
Update..

STBX sent me an email out of the blue yesterday. We have not talked or corresponded in the last week.

Email...

"FYI,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that you will be served at the end of next week. I expect a response within 3 weeks. Read the cover page and it will explain."

I did not respond. I felt like responding... "Why don't you just have me served Christmas morning?"

I was expecting it soon, but couldn't she wait until after the holidays? Is there some hidden meaning behind doing it the week of Christmas?

I guess it doesn't matter about the timing, just seems like she is being a cold harted you know what about it. I've talked to a few friends and family and of course, they are bias, but they all tell me they think this is a blessing in disguise for me. I dreaded and was eager for this day at the same time. Does that make sense?

Marry Christmas everyone!

-Mark Twain
W
W
Makes perfect sense, Tom. But now that weight's off your shoulders too. Merry Xmas, Happy New Year, and Godspeed!

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard