Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
Hey, CM. How's your dancing coming?
LadyDi

OP Offline
Originally Posted By: ladydi1127
Hey, CM. How's your dancing coming?
LadyDi

Hiya Di

Tha dancing is good & I just completed my first competative COMPETITION on the 24th November!

We got placed third in our division so we were really chuffed (pleased).

This last weekend I did my first set of medal exams for the Latin section - managed to get in mid 80% BUT I was really disappointed as I was aiming for honours (+90%) but that's another story

Dancing has kinda taken over my GAL in a BIG way and my trainer sees big things for my future as a dancer!!

If anyone is interested, I can post the link for our dance association, etc??

PS - did you get my email Di?

Have a blessed evening & THANKS for stopping by \:\)

Oh, I MUST mention that I have been TRULY BLESSED by our Heavenly Father in that the young lady I dance with is a Believer also AND she invited me to Fellowship on Sunday night - probably the FIRST time since my wife walked out on the 09th November 2006...

Bomb dropped - (09-11-2006) my 9-11

My CURRENT Thread
That is so exciting! I took ballroom dance lessons early on in my separation, but did not stick with it. It is so hard for me just find time to exist - cleaning house, paying bills, working, etc. Maybe I should make the time for something like that.

I am so pleased that you are doing so well and actually seem happy. Has W had a chance to notice your accomplishments?
My H seemed interested when I took dance lessons.

Praying for you!
LadyDi

OP Offline
Originally Posted By: ladydi1127
That is so exciting!

Not only is it exciting Di, but it's now "my life" as it's something I gladly do EVERY day of my life AND I get to meet with people in a GREAT environment!

If I could recommend anything for anyone needing to Get-A-Life, well BALLROOM & LATIN AMERICAN DANCING is it

My dancing partner is well aware of my situation and even invited me to fellowship with her last Sunday night, so kewl was that \:\)

I would add a small caution here "knowing" what men in general are like (sorry to all our male standers, so I'm not referring to any of you :)) - is ladies just beware of predators at dance schools - yes, they exist everywhere but they're harder to "notice" at the dance schools \:\(

I took ballroom dance lessons early on in my separation, but did not stick with it. It is so hard for me just find time to exist - cleaning house, paying bills, working, etc. Maybe I should make the time for something like that.

Di, you'll be amazed at how one can "make time" to go dancing - as I said it's GREAT for GAL purposes and seriously, who can stay angry / mad / depressed / etc whilst listening AND dancing to MUSIC ;\)

I feel our GREAT Heavenly Father lead me to dancing for a number of reasons and I feel truly blessed by it and many of the great people I have met along the way!

Now if only my wife could join me on the dance floor ;\)

I am so pleased that you are doing so well and actually seem happy.

Thanks Di, I am happy with "me" generally - I know I STILL have much to sort out personally in order to pave the pathway for my prodigal to return (as mentioned in quite a few of the RM's messages, there are / might be things blocking the return of one's spouse...

On the dance front (sorry to "harp" on it \:\) ) I've discovered some of my late Mum's talent & even though I've only been dancing for almost a year now, many people can't believe how I'm improved, etc and I also beleive this CAN be a platform to bring Glory to our Messiah \:\)

I even had the privilage of my dance partner praying for us just prior to my medal tets last weekend - very special to do that indeed

Has W had a chance to notice your accomplishments?
My H seemed interested when I took dance lessons.

Di, I'm certain she HAS heard about my dancing through the MANY pathways our Heavenly Father has provided - our mutual hairdresser + an ex neighbour who brings her son to dancing & works for the same group as my wife + one or two of my wife's work collegues whom I've danced WITH during the course of the year, etc!!

I don't know what effect it actually has had as my wife NEVER initiates contact and our last communication was an sms (text message) she sent me in August where she accused me of using her car illegally

Praying for you!
LadyDi

Thanks Di, blessings to you \:\)

My CURRENT Thread
J
J
Hi Cm ... nothing to add, just wanted to say still readin along, glad the dancing is going great and just waving and saying hello \:\)

Bomb (ILYBINILWY, don't want to be married)Sept05
Seperated Sept/Oct 05
Oct 06 - H recomitted
July 11 - I am now a WAW.
S
S
wow ladydi,

I've never really done that before. I'll email you though!

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006
H "said" PA/EA over 8/2006
H erased OW off phone! 2/2007

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."
A
A
Hey CM,

Just a question. I would really like to take some ballroom dance lessons, but I totally have two left feet. Way to tall and lanky. Prior to my M with W, I begged her to take lessons so that at our reception we would look great, but she wouldn't cause she is a great "club" dancer. Ya I like the pole too, but I want the best.

How do you get involved and find it? I'm not sure where to start and I really need a beginners mind! But it looks so fun.

Me: 31
W: 31
S: 2
Bomb 6-24-07
Seperated 6-24-07
W Filed October
Temp. Hearing 11-26-07
Completely Sober Jan. 2, 08.
S
S
Thank you CM for the compliments!

That is so cool how you've delved into the dancing. There are always talents that God has given us when he made us and at some point in our lives, we learn to use them!

maybe I'll check out ballroom too. I actually think i'm a great "club" dancer, and since I'm a musician, and was a cheerleader in highschool, I think the coordination and skills wouldn't be too hard for me to pick up. I think I might feel weird dancing close to another guy though. unless he was really cool, but it's not like you can screen your partner! ;\)

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006
H "said" PA/EA over 8/2006
H erased OW off phone! 2/2007

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Atlas
Hey CM,

Just a question. I would really like to take some ballroom dance lessons, but I totally have two left feet. Way to tall and lanky. Prior to my M with W, I begged her to take lessons so that at our reception we would look great, but she wouldn't cause she is a great "club" dancer. Ya I like the pole too, but I want the best.

How do you get involved and find it? I'm not sure where to start and I really need a beginners mind! But it looks so fun.

Hiya Atlas

Thanks for the interest in the Ballroom Dancing

I don;t know which area you're from as each place seems to have different set-ups BUT I would say your first step is to get a list f dance instructors / schools in your area.

Then make SURE they teach the International Standard of Ballroom and Latin American Dancing - I note you like to do things PROPERLY, hence this suggestion ;\)

After this, see if each of the different schols offer a "try out" class which you could attend for "free" and get a feel for WHICH school and/or teachers you prefer - in my case I had a referral and it turned out really well, so I'm quite happy with where I am at the moment.

The teacher / school WILL either enhance OR decrease your liking for dancing so it's just a suggestion you find a place where you feel comfortable.

The teacher needs to make the beginners classes FUN and at the same time be able to convey the technicalities needed on a beginners class (in other words, the fun must not surpass the skill the teacher NEEDS to impart to his / he students) <---- all my opinion of course

Anyway, I trust this helps - just holler if I can help out more, or if you have other questions \:\)

Best wishes & blessings
CM

My CURRENT Thread
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Jen_Jam
Hi Cm ... nothing to add, just wanted to say still readin along, glad the dancing is going great and just waving and saying hello \:\)

Thanks JJ \:\)

Yes, the dancing is a HUGE blessing to me right now -----> in so many ways

All quiet on the "Eastern Front" though \:\(

My CURRENT Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard