Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
K
K
Julie
Will you make fun of Bethie please? you are sooooooo funny when you do!!! \:\)

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

F
fig Offline
F
Julie....

way to stick up for yourself and your beliefs.

Nicely done!!!!

Originally Posted By: KarenMarieS
Julie
Will you make fun of Bethie please? you are sooooooo funny when you do!!! \:\)

Ok K, I put up with your begging at my expense on your thread. Heck, I didn't even say anything about your whining post on my thread, but now you're going around the board asking for me to be "picked on"??? What's up with that?

Besides, Julius is turning over a new leaf being that this is the Christmas season and all. RIGHT JULIUS? ;\)

I
OP Offline
I
Thanks ladies...

Am I turning over a new leaf??? Hmmm, thinking about it. I am 3 days into my random acts of kindness for the month of December and I haven't done anything for today so maybe I'll be nice to Bethie... oh yeah, too late for that. Maybe tomorrow.

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
Man,

I forgot about days 1 and 2 already! Do we get penalized if we miss a couple of day here and there? I do have somethings planed already. If anyone would like to come by Walmart I will be ringing the bell tomorrow from 4 to 6 and I'm bringing some of our old winter comes to a clothing drive this weekend. I have to think of something for today, oh and for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday...well actually for the whole month I guess. I'm sure opportunitiees will present themselves.

Oh Oh ....does giving a lady at the mall yesterday the discount coupon that I wasn't using a random act of kindness or just enabling?

I
OP Offline
I
Lol.. I'd count it as an act of kindness because I'm sure it made her feel good.

Walmart, 4-6AM sounds a little over-zealous. Your acts of kindness don't have to be totally oddball. ;\)

Hope you're having a great day, sweetie! I just talked to my sister and she was telling me about a reaction that a spouse of one co-worker teacher had after meeting X last weekend at the Christmas party and it wasn't pretty. It feels kinda bad when things are going so well for me and I feel so on top of the world to hear that his life might not be all that he wants it to.

Keep reminding me that my happiness is not affecting his, ok...

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
Quote:
It feels kinda bad when things are going so well for me and I feel so on top of the world to hear that his life might not be all that he wants it to.

Ah but we are each responsible for our own happiness and you are chosing to be happy and work towards what increases your happiness.

He on the other hand chose the actions and life that isn't maybe making him as happy as he thought it would.

You go girl! \:\)

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
C
C
Hi Julie,

Can't wait to hear about Jingle and Jangle this Christmas season. As well as your Random Acts of Kindess. Some of those stories last year helped me get through the holidays.

I've tried to institute random acts of kindness in my home with the family, including H; so we do little things for each other; make each others beds, clear the table, clean the bedrooms, etc.. Seems to have helped though the kids (and H) do need a few reminders now and again. We'll start with this and then we'll move it to outside the family. As in all things, baby steps....

Happy Monday,
carrie

Me: 41
H: 42
Married: 13Y, together 24
Kids: S11, S9, D6
Bomb: 7/11/06, now piecing
Julie,

DUH!!!!! I don't know that anyone can be really happy when you have done the kind of things that our ex's have. Besides, the way they went about for happiness, we both know that they didn't look in the right place. The way I see it is that you owe it to yourself and your kids to pay attention to your happiness. The fact that you even care only shows your soft heart.

I like what Pam had to sayin reminding us that "we are each responsible for our own happiness". I don't we can remind ourselves of that enough or the fact that it's our choice and ours alone!

Care,

Thanks for retelling your acts of kindness. Sometimes I think because I didn't do something big that it doesn't qualify, but that's not true. The intention of the heart is what's most important!

Ah, Julie....

Not only does your happiness not impact your H's in any way, there is *plenty* of happiness in the world to go around and then some. Every single person on this planet could be happy, and there would *still* be lots left over.

Let me 'splain something dearie. While H was off trolling for happiness outside of himself and outside of his marriage, YOU were working on making yourself happy regardless of anything outside of you that happened. Your hard work is paying off...and your H is realizing that all that stuff he did isn't making him happy beyond his wildest dreams. He still has that work on himself to do...and so, don't feel sorry for him.

I mean that in a good way, dearie. Because I know you wish him well...and it's hard to see someone you love hurting. However, if he doesn't feel this pain, he doesn't have the opportunity to grow and develop as you have. Painful experiences are life's way of helping us grow and learn how to be happy on our own.

I'm proud of you, big time. You've been through lots, and you're coming out the other side of a divorce HAPPY, authentically so. What a triumph to be able to do that and appreciate all the blessings in your life, to come out whole instead of broken! Not only that, but the way you continue to give JOYFULLY to your children and to random strangers...all I've got to say is wow.

You inspire me, Julie. Take note of your accomplishments, and don't feel guilty because others haven't reached that point yet. It's their journey to take, not yours. So love them, appreciate them, support them, pray for them but let them do their own hard work as you have done yourself.

SD

Me: 40
H: 43
H had EA from 2/06-9/06
Bomb 5/06
Piecing since 9/2006
3/2008: Boundary setting
7/2009: Boundary crossing~dropped my own bomb.
8/2010: Marriage finally on track!
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard