Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Originally Posted By: inspiredjulie
All is great in my world. Just feeling so fortunate and blessed and HAPPY!

So... who doesn't want to be me today????

So I figure if she can handle it, so can I. I'm planning on being able to do it.

Now THAT is the Julie we know and love!!!

Thread #10
22 year M, MLC, Piecing since 1/07
Goal: Live with confidence & enthusiasm!
Yeah, I DO wanna be you today!

Congrats on the job decision, but even more, CONGRATS on trusting yourself. Do you realize what a wonderful future you have?

You're a rock star, Julie!

SD

Me: 40
H: 43
H had EA from 2/06-9/06
Bomb 5/06
Piecing since 9/2006
3/2008: Boundary setting
7/2009: Boundary crossing~dropped my own bomb.
8/2010: Marriage finally on track!
I
OP Offline
I
Awww, thanks Rob and SD! I think I'm a SUPERSTAR! (said in my best molly shannon voice).

Having a pretty good day. Had clients, went swimming and getting ready to go meet w/ some new clients. Then I am hanging out with my 2 nephews tonight (ages 6 and 2) while my sister and BIL go to a Christmas party (that X will be at w/ OW and he asked me to watch our girls but I was already committed to my sister). Good times. Love my life.

I had a chat w/ X last night about D4's knee problems. We're still working on that and he wants to try something different so I gave the go-ahead. Then he asked me about Christmas morning. I told him I just am not in a place to do that. It isn't fair to the girls to be in an awkward sitch where they have to make one of us feel more comfortable. He then said 'I bet you don't really like being around me that much'. And I said no, I don't. But that I owe it to the kids to be able to be around you and it isn't fair to them so I am working on that and working on it hard. My goal is to change this part of me, but for now, it is still too soon.

He isn't happy. But I'm ready to start my own traditions.

Alright... I'm ready for a nap. But better get my stuff together for my next clients. Chao!

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
New traditions are healthy and also good for the soul. Doing things as you have always done only reminds us that the person we started the old traditions with is gone.

You did good with being honest about your feelings. It's not your responsibility to include him and as we talked about before, if the situations were reversed, more than likely you wouldn't be invited, especially for the couple of years he'll be celebrating with OW. After that ... who knows?

;\)

Good for you Julie on standing up for yourself and your feelings.

I'm sure you will start some wonderful new traditions, you seem very creative. \:\)

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
K
K
funny Julie
but my S said to me when he was down at Thanksgiving and I was getting the decorations out, " so mom, what are our new traditions gonna be this year??" I had to laugh, the word " tradition" and "new" dont really mesh do they?
I understand though, sometimes we are forced to change things up a bit, we may be a bit skeptical at first, but who knows, these new traditions may be the very very best ones yet!

You will make wonderful new ones! like Pam said you seem very creative, and personally I think your really funny! love your rips on Bethie hahahahahahaa
Have a good night w/ the kiddies!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Originally Posted By: KarenMarieS
I think your really funny! love your rips on Bethie hahahahahahaa

That's what's endeared you to most of us.....

Do you find it's funny, Like in Haha to makes fun of those less fortunate?

Last edited by BethM; 12/02/07 05:43 PM.
I
OP Offline
I
Well Karen and Jilly... I've pretty much been the person who is friends w/ everyone. So I've decided ENOUGH! I'm gonna start picking on the fat, slow kids... Knowhutimean?

Wow Bethie... Have you been drinking today? Your post make no sense. Love ya!

Sooooo... long frickin' day today w/ clients. And my kiddos had to (excuse me, got to) hang w/ my folks. So at one point, x picks the kids up to go get the Christmas tree for his house. Fine, whatever. I figure if I don't get mine this week, I'll grab them on his Sunday next week to do it. Takes pressure off me. So I was back about an hour and he calls to say they'll be back soon, but can the girls just stay w/ them for dinner. No, that doesn't work for me, I say. He responds it's your right to refuse. So I tell him I'll compromise w/ him that the girls can have dinner w/them tonight and next Sunday I'll pick them up to go get my tree and they can stay for dinner with us. Within 30 minutes, they were on my doorstep. Anyway...

Life is still good, folks! I've had a very productive weekend and look forward to an adult beverage tonight!!!

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
Man........I swear if he's not calling the shots he doesn't want to play!! WA WA You really are becoming a hard A$$!

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard