Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
S
S
sounds like you have a good christmas planned, tom! any chance you can take the kids to florida later in the winter? do you get feb break like we do here in new england?

as for wah's gone wild, my h would be the star. he'd be on all the promo reels and sure as hell would have some interesting blooper ones. sigh.

I think its a good idea on both sides to tell the other one before introducing an new person into the kids lives. I sure as hell would be angry if h did it w/o talking to me first. and I will happily do the same, if it should ever come up. it will be a very, very long time before I introduce any man into their lives, though. I don't want to add to any abandonment issues they may already have. I know any new man won't be their parent, but at the same time, kids get attached. I don't want them to see a revolving door of people in my life. I guess my dream right now is to find someone eventually that I want to spend my life with, and show them that relationships can and do work.

I hate that H has done all of this. I especially hate that it affects my kids...they will now be more likely to divorce. I would love to be able to show them the kind of permanence with someone else someday that I wish my marriage to their father had been able to show them.

I suppose H and OW could model that for them, too, but I wouldn't bet a lot of money on it.

M-41
H-38
M-10 years, T-14 years
Bomb-PA 3/19/07
Separated-6/7/07
Piecing/h back home 5/08
S-6
S-4
D-4

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says, 'I'll try again tomorrow.'"

-Mary Anne Radmacher
Tom & M,

From what I've read of both your situations, I don't see much hope for anything lasting. So as far as your spouses
re-creating a new family, I hope you're not holding your breath! That of course makes it all the sadder for our kids because then you have to wonder, what was it all for?

Julie and I were talking this morning and she commented on how she think of this as an epidemic. It sure does seem that way, doesn't it? I think that as long as people overlook the fact that someone just up and left their family, it will probably continue to get worse. We have become an enabler society.

Again M, you continue to open yourself up to a whole can of worms. Most of the x's would be fighting for camera time. HM, wonder if Tom can sell a production company on 'Walkaway's Gone Wild'? I think that all of our whiners who think they missed out on everything the first time around would love the thought of taking their turn at a Spring break scenario to play out all of those pent up "I got screwed by life" feelings. Mine is a coward. He's the type that would go but not be too out there. He'd probably just flash where your's would probably strut their stuff! Watch??? Are you kidding me? I'd be front and center!

;\)

S
S
I agree, I think it is an epidemic. my h actually said to me that he knew what he was doing was fine because so many other people do it, too.

um, hello, if they all jumped off a bridge, would you, too?

yeah, he's 37 going on 14, what can I say.

idiot.

oh hell yeah mine would be front and center. now, what if there was an LBS gone wild video? lol. not sure where I would fit in, but hopefully dancing on a table somewhere. hehehe.

M-41
H-38
M-10 years, T-14 years
Bomb-PA 3/19/07
Separated-6/7/07
Piecing/h back home 5/08
S-6
S-4
D-4

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says, 'I'll try again tomorrow.'"

-Mary Anne Radmacher
HAHAHA....my girls already told me that I wouldn't ever have to worry about seeing them in a girls gone wild tape......they said that that would be me. I'm a little wilder then they are...just a bit! ;\)

A
OP Offline
A
I do think it's an epidemic and I hate to see where the institution of M will be in 10 or 20 years.

There was actually a German Politician (Woman) who proposed the ideal of Marriages that dissolve automatically after 7 years unless the couple renews it legally through the State. I'll try to find the article. She was dead serious about it.

I know for a fact I will never be divorced again, because there is no doubt in my mind I will ever marry again. I've not lost faith in romance, love, and commitment, but I have lost faith in the institution of marriage. I have to tell you, I think this German politician may be on to something.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
Oh Tom,

That's sad! Not me, with the right person I'd take the plunge again. Don't you think you know so much more now then you did previously? I mean I wouldn't do it unless I had absolutely no questions..but never say never !

A
OP Offline
A

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: BethM
Oh Tom,

Don't you think you know so much more now then you did previously?

Precisely why I wouldn't get married again. I could be just as committed, faithful and loving in a cohabitational arrangement. Why let the State get involved in my personal life?

-Mark Twain
Sobering article. Why even make a commitment? You might as well just live together and avoid any of the messy stuff altogether!

S
S
I will NOT allow h to ruin my belief in happily ever after. just because I drew the short straw, does not mean that I would want anything less than a forever marriage again someday. I like to think that all I have learned thru this experience will help me create a stronger, better marriage next time. I sure as hell am not interesting in the 5 year renewal plan (or 7 year or whatever)

am curious, does the woman you are seeing right now know how you feel?

M-41
H-38
M-10 years, T-14 years
Bomb-PA 3/19/07
Separated-6/7/07
Piecing/h back home 5/08
S-6
S-4
D-4

-Mary Anne Radmacher
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard