Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Quote:

Quote:
Geeze, I don't read your thread for a couple of days

WTF??!!!?!!!!

Well it's out now. She can't read. She has a high school girl come to her house every couple of days to read the board and write her posts. Good thing for her that strippers have to only be really good at er.....stripping!

I
OP Offline
I
Hello friends...

Back from swimming so I feel peaceful. \:\) Life is goooood. And today, for once, I don't wanna be Bethie, I wanna be ME! ;\)

So starting with the new job opp... this is the one for the transporter/translater where they are starting a new program in our area to combat low birth weights in lower economic groups via giving better access to health/nutrition/prenatal care. Sounds soooo awesome. And the PE(prospective employer) offered me the job yesterday. It's 15 hours a week and a pretty low wage. So I went back and forth b/c it's a job I can really enjoy. But in the end, I charted my schedule and it would take too much time from my kids and take away time from the people I'm currently working with who are paying me really well. I decided to let PE know I just couldn't pull off 15 hours per week. That was a real load off my mind.

Then this morning, I got a call from CE(current employer) to say his meeting on the new program he's developing went really well and they are going to be doing some really cool things and they will get it kicked off after the first of the year and they will be able to get me enough hours. So more validation of my decision, which is a good thing.

I just went by to talk to PE to let her know my decision and why and to also let her know that I still might be able to work with her in the future and she said she will keep me in mind and she wants me to keep watching for their job postings as they have a program they're starting in a few months that will require a coord for the meth coalition. Good stuff. No bridges burned there and she seemed genuinely disappointed I wouldn't be able to join her team.

I just received a phone call from a gal that does interpreting locally and she said they are looking for interpreters and I should call and she offered to mentor me and brush up on my Spanish. So... I have that in my back pocket as well.

So... who doesn't want to be me today????

\:D

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
Yay!

That all sounds wonderful, and you are right, the way it all came together, it certainly validates your own choices and the path you are on.

Good for you!

So whatcha got planned to celebrate?

I
OP Offline
I
Wow, what a great question, BA! Hmmm... I imagine my celebration will take the form of allowing myself to do some Christmas shopping for the girls. We're going to cut our tree this weekend and paint ornaments at the pottery place so I'll enjoy that as well.

I sure wish it was more exciting. But Ms Responsibility is a b!tch.

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
F
fig Offline
F
Ohhhhhhhhhh

A movie and a blankie snuggles to celebrate and coffee lovers ice cream from cold stone

well....

I mean if it were me...I would celebrate that way!!!!

Bitchalina...sounds more girlie.

I think that sounds like a terrific way to celebrate, especially the tree cutting and the handpainted oranaments. <sigh>

So lemme ask you...can you drag a full size live tree into your house and get it up by yourself??

'Cause I REALLY want one this year, but you know who did that, loading it in the truck and getting it out and sawing off the bottom, and putting it in the stand and lugging it in the house...

Instead, I can just see me, like, lying for days on the front sidewalk underneath a tree, whimpering, while the dogs stand, with their noses pressed against the front door glass, barking, "mom, get your ass up, we're hungry..."

So 'esplain to me Lucy, your plan for pulling this off, so I can learn how to do it.

I
OP Offline
I
Well...

My mom has done it for years and she always gets 9 foot trees that are huge. So I figure if she can handle it, so can I. I'm planning on being able to do it. Also, the tree farm we go to has hay rides and clydesdales and hot cider and they drill a hole in the bottom of the tree so all you have to do is buy one of their stands and when you get home, you put it in there and it is plumb already. So this year I will be splurging for one of their stands.

Plan on being able to do it, BA. You can!!! But it will be funny, that I guarantee. I'm just going to make sure I'm wearing a long shirt and my pants are pulled up so the people driving by don't get to see my tush. Lol.. And there is a cute guy that lives a few blocks away if I get desperate. ;\)

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
Alright, Missy...

I accept your challenge, and I will put my tree up myownself this year.

No table top, fake, lights already strung on it, sissy tree for me!

I'm going all the way, real tree in my house again this year!

Cause I gotta have the smell...it's all about the smell.

Well gee girls! I just made the decision that I didn't think I could handle all the real tree stuff and my gf is loaning me her 6' artificial tree that she doesn't put up!!! Now I feel like I wimped out!

On the other hand I have 3 dogs there that have never had a tree in their house and the artificial one might not generate the kind of interest a real one would.

Julie CONGRATULATIONS on all the super affirmation of YOU!!

Oh yeah, buying lots o Christmas scented candles!!

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
Oh, pish posh, you didn't wimp out...we all do what we do.

I had a table top artificial tree last year because I just couldn't face doing it by myself. I just want the smell of a real one again this year.

Besides, you went out and found yourself a man...I think you're still one up, girlie.

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard