Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
I
OP Offline
I
Heyya Bethie...

Glad to see you're up and about. I was worried you were coming down with something. One of everything coming up. \:\)

I think you'll love the pumpkin crunch. It's a real delight!

I am feeling very healthy. J is coughing her little head off, poor baby. So she's gonna hang w/ me another day. I can't convince her to take cold meds. Yesterday we went to the store and bought a 3rd medicine cuz she'll try one once and decide it's too icky. So I bought the expensive kind she picked out, we got home, she took some and then a little later said "sorry mom". for what? "because I had you buy that medicine and I'm never going to take it again". At least she's honest. And she doesn't know if I hold her down and plug her nose, she'll have to open her mouth.

Girls called X last night. Of course he didn't answer but he called shortly thereafter. I got the impression from his convo w/ J that he'll be back tomorrow night at the latest. Who knows. I'll just worry about me and the girls and when he decides to show up, he can.

Gotta call the L about the contempt of court issue. Ick.

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
(note to self:buy the oysters!!!)

This just makes me crack up.

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
You know why I'm buying them right? Guess!

Do what you've got to do. It's not personal, it's not "getting" H, it's holding him to a business agreement. Unpleasant, sure, but don't sweat over it. Let him do whatever to his own credit, but not to yours.

Sorry your peanut is still sick. I love that she's honest about her feelings about the meds. My parents forced Kaopectate down my throat one time (which tastes like serious a$$ and barf pureed together), and I promptly barfed it all over them. They then smelled like it, and I refused to sit near them or even kiss them goodnight.

Have you tried the "spoonful of sugar" method? Have J hold her nose, "shoot" the cold medicine (good training for her 21st b-day), then follow with sugar or a cookie or something. OJ if you can get her to do that--it's good for clearing out phlegm. Don't know why I know all of this (I have no kids), but I do.

I want all of the desserts on your list. What's in the pumpkin crunch? And for some reason blueberries are on sale right now too...the older I get, the less I want chocolate and the more I want fruity desserts. Wonder why?

Anyway, I hope all is well with you and you have an abundant Thanksgiving.

SD

Me: 40
H: 43
H had EA from 2/06-9/06
Bomb 5/06
Piecing since 9/2006
3/2008: Boundary setting
7/2009: Boundary crossing~dropped my own bomb.
8/2010: Marriage finally on track!
Oysters = that cr*p you cough up when you've got bronchitis

Wish I liked them, but the texture thing gets in the way....

Me: 40
H: 43
H had EA from 2/06-9/06
Bomb 5/06
Piecing since 9/2006
3/2008: Boundary setting
7/2009: Boundary crossing~dropped my own bomb.
8/2010: Marriage finally on track!
SD,

Thanks for the oyster visual! MMMM, gotta get me a big honkin' helpin' of that! (I gotta' cook those suckers ya' know)

Hey, if blueberries are available you need to get Julie's blueberry pie recipe. It sounds like it's to die for!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Love,
Bethie

I
OP Offline
I
Thanks Bethie and SD...

I need to try the spoonful of sugar trick- last night I tried the soda chaser and it wasn't very popular. Awfully suspicious considering I never have soda in the house for the kids. But I might just try a spoonful of good ole brown sugar b/c the kids covet that. Thanks for the good idea.

Bethie... do whatever you want w/ your damn oysters. Gross. I know that your eldest has requested them but I'm sure like mother, like son. Blech.

Pumpkin crunch... here is the recipe. Let me warn you all... it is to die for...
Pumpkin Crunch

1 lg can pumpkin
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 can evap milk
½ t salt
3 eggs
1 1/2 c sugar
1 box yellow cake mix
1 c walnuts chopped
2 sticks butter melted
cool whip

1. Blend all ingredients except cake mix, nuts, butter and cool whip
2. Pour into a wax paper-lined pan
3. Sprinkle cake mix over batter and lightly press down.
4. sprinkle nuts evenly
5. Pour melted butter on top
6. Bake at 350 for an hour. Cool for a few minutes
7. Flip over onto a platter and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
8. Spread coolwhip on top and refrigerate.

**This is best made the day before Thanksgiving!!

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
I
OP Offline
I
Oh... and I got a call back letting me know I wouldn't be getting a call back for a second interview for the job. \:\(

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
WHOA...........Cool! I knew you'd get their attention!

Hey Julie,

I made my Pumpkin crunch this morning and it let my whole house smelling so good! It was really sweet of you to share it!

Heck I'm going to try the spoonful of sugar thing. I was the kid that always fought the medicine and would always throw up. I'm afraid I not much better even now. I can't even take a vitamin without gagging.

Love,
Bethie

Quote:
Oh... and I got a call back letting me know I wouldn't be getting a call back for a second interview for the job.

Quote:
WHOA...........Cool! I knew you'd get their attention!

Aw Bethie, kick a girl when she' down, huh? Shame, shame, shame!!!

Julie, their loss! Actually, when these sort of things happen, to me, I tend to be disappointed and then tell myself "God knows why this was not in His plan at this time" and then I move on.

You were mentioning the scheduling might not work, etc. so something else is likely in the cards for you. (Sorry about that Bethie, I guess she's more honory than we thought )

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard