Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
J
MarieS,

Sounds very hopefull!!!!!

JAK

You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when, you can only decide how you're going to live now. ~Joan Baez
M
MariS Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Journaling,

Well, the doc told WAH-MLCer last week that his liver count was way to high and he had to quit. I have deducted all of this from WAH-MLCer's actions, few conversations and his attitude.

Basically, I believe he has either alcoholic hepitas or cyrossis. Naturally, WAH-MLCer has turned into Mr. Hyde and no longer is snuggling, holding me or even accepting my sexual advances. I am being told to shut up, F-off, that I'm a B and that I am his irritation.

Oh well, I know it is the withdrawal and him having to face his demons. I see him going throught the depression phase, anger and withdrawl (falling asleep on the sofa)

My only comments have been, why are you mean? You were so nice, snuggly & caring last week, don't ruin that. As well as...you are to physically have to shut me up- his reply he would do it legally. Ugh - he is soooo sick.

Child and I are doing well. Have an event for the new business this weekend, so must continue to focus on myself & child. Let WAH-MLCer deal with his one issues, at the same time trying to provide a warm caring AS IF environment AND keep the door open for him to have a better relationship with child rather than if we were divorced.

Mary in Austin - news from you?

MariS

"Going for the Gold & not the Booby prize"

Become the change you want to see.....

Me - 37
WAH - 35
child - 2yrs
Separated - August '06
Married - 10yrs, Together 18
Not feeling WAH's internal struggle - Feb '08
hi mariS,

i hope you are well mentally and spiritually. i'm sorry to hear about your H sickness. i have never dealt with an alcoholic in my family but i am sure it is very difficult. my prayers go out to you and your child.

i hope that one day you will look back at all this and think of it as a horrible horrible nightmare. i hope you will feel so proud of yourself...for hanging on to your family even though things just didn't seem hopeful. i pray that you will find inner peace. there is nothing worse than being stressed, emotional, lonely, and miserable. hang in there.

things do happen for a reason. perhaps this is your husband's wakeup call from God. don't push him into anything he's not ready for. don't push him into saying or doing anything that you will regret later. let him be for the time being. be there for him. alcoholism is a disease. he can't react normal right away if he's gone cold turkey. be patient now more than ever. don't remind him how sweet he was last week much less how mean he's being now. he's dealing with alot. i know.....you've been more than patient. if you truly do love your family you will continue to be patient. if your gut feeling (your intuition) tells you to be there for your husband, then so be it! that feeling is God talking to you.

my prayers are with you. take care.

me = 34
H = 35
kids = 3
worst day of my life: march 24, 2006
he filed: april 20
Present day: Wedding ring on, he's looking forward to another baby, taking day by day, we talk about our feelings whenever possible.
M
MariS Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Mary,

Your message is just what I needed today!

Thank you......

I have chosen to withdraw from my WAH-MLCer for the day, at leas during my work hours. No telephone calls - sending or receivng, txting, or e-mailing.

I need for me, the ability to withdraw and regroup for myself. At the same time, stepping away from his whirlwind. Not neglecting child, pets or family, just choosing not to participate in his MLC.

My hope is that you and your children are well. (?)
Send an update when you can.

Another new motto of mine:

Become the chang you want to see

MariS

Me - 37
WAH - 35
child - 2yrs
Separated - August '06
R
R
Hey Mari...LTNP ( long time no post). I read about your H's struggle with alcoholism, and I'm thinking you might want to consider attending alanon mtgs. There is a person, a wonderful woman, who posts on the SSM ( Lillieperl), who has had much experience with the effects of alcoholism, and she says alanon is a lifesaver.

M
MariS Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Real Journey,

Thanks for the input. I attended one a long time ago and didn't glean anything from it. We are attending an inquires course at a local church, basically for our child's future education. Thinking about meeting with the pastor for spiritual support.

WAH-MLCer was helpful w/child this evening.

Have found out the dr has also taken WAH=MLCer off of his rittalyn medicine for his ADD. Which reinforces that the liver issue is a big deal.

One day at a time...

Have other glitches w/new business that are taking my time and worries off of M.

MariS

Me - 37
WAH - 35
child - 2yrs
Separated - August '06
R
R
MariS, I was trying to get another poster to come here and talk about alanon, but I see you went that route before.

Glad work is a good distraction right now.

I am hoping your H's physical problems will be enough to open his eyes up to his unheaalthy life style. In the meantime, take good care of yourself and the family.

xo, RJ

M
MariS Offline OP
OP Offline
M
RealJourney

The poster you mentioned is more than welcome to chime in their 2cents. I will not be offended. I believe the more one learns and the more knowledge, we can have a better understanding.

This MLC rollercoaster is extremely long, trying to find the inner strength to continue...WAH-MLCer also has personal issues w/his family (Mom & brother) naturally I'm to blame.

<sigh>

Thinking when I turn 50, will have a book written about my married life and all the drama. Could rival the Dynasty show that was on in the 80's. :-)

Are there any normal people/families still out there?

MariS

Me - 37
WAH - 35
child - 2yrs
Separated - August '06
W
W
yeah - there are... and you deserve to be a member of one - both for your own and your child's sake.

Thinking of you, V

V

Never make someone a priority, who makes you an option.
R
R
Originally Posted By: MariS
Are there any normal people/families still out there?

Well, it's hard to define normal, but if you have two partners who are committed to working together, that to me, is a really good thing. The part I hate most about these MLCer is the tendency to run away and avoid.

As for me, I am probably not going to be on this board as much, not because I am running away...I am launching a new business come January. If I can't make it here as much, please know that every one of you will be on my mind and heart...and I could sure use a few prayers my way for my new venture as well!

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard