Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
OP Offline
Jill,

Yep he is showing that he is interested in my kids welfare and shared, as he did in an email exchange months ago, that he told the kids he is not there to replace their father but to be a friend.

It is all good for everyone involved.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
I
I
Wow, this is pretty impressive. It brought a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes. I hope someday I can be as big of a person as you are. Good for you... Julie

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
Julie,

I can't believe you just wrote that. I don't think most people even relaize that you're not that far away from where C2 is. You are thrown into a situation on a daily basis where you have to swallow hard and make the best of things. Oh, maybe that's why what he posted touched you as it did. I'm sure you can see yourself being in the same position at some point.

Love you Julie. We've got your back!

Originally Posted By: BethM
We've got your back!

This kinda made me nervous....... But....we do love you and you're doing great!!!!

OP Offline
Julie,

I'm currious to get up to date on your situation but if Bethie says it, very well must be true (or might be true or no freaking way it's true depending on her meds ).

Seriously, looking at where I am today and the progression, there is like no way I could be in a state of peace and forgiveness given how much loathing I had for Mr. X. Like anything else, a step here a step there and you look back and, to quote a highly esteemed deep thinkers, "You may ask yourself, well how DID I get here?" (David Byrne and Brian Eno).

It is so awesome to see more and more DBers in this forum heal and come to some kind of normalcy, WAS's permitting. I'm pullin' for ya!

Jillybean, yeah I'm with ya on that nervousness. I love Bethie but to have someone ask you, "hey who has your back?" and then to have to point over your shoulder and say, "the chick on the pole with the tassles!" Well, I'm not sure that really garners a whole lot of confidence from one's compatriots or installs fear in the enemy (lust maybe, fear no). But still we'll take what support we can get! \:\(

Committed2Him- "C2H"
A
A
I don't know how you do it C2. At least I can walk away. I'm not sure what I would do if I were in your situation but I am pretty sure I would have made a mess of things by now.

ALL "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
OP Offline
ALL,

I am blessed that the events have unfolded in a way that have us all seeking a harmonious relationship (ok, X gets emotional pretty easily which is not productive but other than that, she wants harmony when she doesn't want to gouge my eyes out). As we all know, this emotionally charged road can lead to the ditch anywhere along the way and I am just fortunate it hasn't happened.

Dealing with the kind of cr@p you and others have dealt with is challenging to no end, I've had it relatively easy compared to others. Key word is "relatively."

I'm glad I think we have gotten over the hump. (I think)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
A
A
So how do you decide to draw the line between seeking a harmonious relationship and allowing yourself to be treated like a doormat.

ALL "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
I
I
Quote:
I'm currious to get up to date on your situation but if Bethie says it, very well must be true (or might be true or no freaking way it's true depending on her meds ).

Well, I think she is exaggerating a little. The OW in my sitch is a teacher at D6's school and so I have to see her daily. I have no doubt that she will treat my girls well and I really expect them to make a M announcement sooner than later after our D is final... but I have a hard time feeling peaceful toward her when she is 33% of the problem that broke up my family. My head wants to be there, but my heart says no frickin way. At least not yet.

So keep on keeping on, keep setting that path that we can all hope to follow. And I'll keep praying for peace and forgiveness in my heart b/c I know it can be in there. I need to stop being so STUBBORN sometimes. Thanks C2 for being the man you are!
Julie

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
A
A
Wouldn't it be easier to just kick 33% of the problem in the a$$?

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard