Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
K
Quote:
From now on she gets something from Mervyns- lol)

Not Kohls???
;\)
Sounds like a most excellent birthday C2!! I am so glad!!
nowwwww........... female friend SCOOP SCOOP!!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Wow, brings a smile to my face.

H
H
Happy Happy, Joy Joy, Happy Happy Joy Joy - Happy Birthday C2H! Mines in a few days, and I think I'm a Scorpio and You're not!

You sound good sweet C2H. So tell us about that girl on the phone >>>

C2H, I love this post and your description of your day.

Thank you.

BA

OP Offline
Quote:
Not Kohls???
Only if I feel like being the bigger person again. You're kind of asking me to stretch too much. At this point it's Mervyns or maybe the 99 cent store

Female friend? Karen, you are too sharp to let that slip by you huh? (ok I did use bold font )

Female Friend?

Female friend aka "Church friend" is the same woman I wrote about last month (9/21) who stopped by our table and joined a group of us at a burger joint after church. Since the ice was broken, we have seen each other at church and chatted a bit, kind of getting to know each other a little more. The night we all got together (it was actually 9/19), we discovered her birthday was the next day so I wrote out a card encouraging her that she is the kind of woman many of the guys at church are searching for. I think I scored some brownie points ;\)

So those "Awkward School Boy feelings" I described in that first post was a sign to me that I am ready to start exploring LABS (Life After Back Stab ). Whether "Church Friend" and I develop mutual interest that goes anywhere or not is less important than the fact that I am interested in moving to the next stage in my life. I will be moving cautiously and respectfully because I don't want to hurt anyone. I am not as concerned about being hurt because I feel like if I develop an interest in someone but it is not mutual, that is God's way of telling me she would not be His choice for me.

I don't want to move forward with anyone God does not want me to move forward with and if He does not stir a woman's heart for me, I don't want her, no matter how interested I might initially be. This is the beauty of my outlook. If I am interested but she's not, then I am no longer interested because God didn't show her I am the man for her. Circular logic at its best!!!!

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
K
K
Ok so I may be prejudice but WHATS NOT TO LOVE ABOUT YOU??
I say the same thing when my S brings up girls lol

but totally understand you taking it nice and slow C2, good idea
butbutbut, I bet shrs biting at the bit for you to ask her out!!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
Happy,

Thanks for the tune, brings a smile to my face! (so, when is you Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy, day?)

Annie,

It was a good day. Like you, I get a joy out of seeing others' joy and healing. Thanks for stopping by ;\)

Karen,

Yes my dear, you are biased and I'm glad you are. We want nothing but the best for our family and for our imaginary friends, don't we?

Slow, very, slow. There are enough activities around the church and opportunities to "serve" to get to know someone without actually going on dates. The other thing is there are opportunities to converse and see what a person is like after services. Heck, you can walk up to the person and get real personal (if you are already acquaintances) to ask the deepest question as to how they came in to a relationship with Christ. That will tell you a lot about the person, what they think and what they believe, what they were like before, things about their past.

So, I am probing but carefully because if I sense we would not be a match, I don't want to give the wrong impression and then back off and be considered an insensitive idiot. \:o

Committed2Him- "C2H"
Hello insensitive idiot. NOT!!!!

C2, it brought a huge smile to my face when I read about your BD celebration.

I've been meaning to tell you this.....I grew up "never" attending church. My parents didn't attend, so neither did any of us kids. However, my D22 started church when she was about 8 and at one point I started going with her. Since she's moved out, I've stopped attending again. She still goes when she doesn't have to work. MG is Catholic and was forced to attend when he lived at home and now he doesn't go and hasn't for years. You inspire me to attend again.

OP Offline
Hey Jill,

That was nice of you to say, (the church thing, not the idiot thing LOL!)

I want to share something personal with you, send me an email committed2him2@yahoo.com

(No Bethie, it is not a picture of me in my birthday suit )

Yeah, my birthday was cool because I spent it with family and church family too. Even when I was to connect with the kids and that went sideways, my anger didn't rise like it might have just a month or two ago. Instead, I was blessed to just try to share the joy I have within me with strangers (something else happened that confirmed this was exactly what was suppose to happen, a devine appointment God had for me to minister to family of one of my dearest friends, family whom he has been praying for- they were at the burger joint too).

I also did not share that Church Friend was at church that evening and we spent some more time talking within a group context. Previous weeks I sought her out after service, this time she hovered near where I was until we saw each other and began talking.

Man, I sound like a silly school boy don't I? (this week I might ask a friend to pass a note to one of her friends to ask "if she thinks I'm cute" LOL!!!!! )

Irony of ironies, my itunes is playing a hip hop version of a song I haven't heard in years "Free, at last, thank God almighty I'm free at last" (D.C. Talk)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
Hey, Jill, I hope you will consider attending.

I will tell you from my experience of the last year and a half, it's the most important thing I have done and has been the catalyst for this new life that I have created for myself.

My Ex and I didn't attend a church together. He was raised Catholic, I was an Episcopalian. And while he "rejected" (his word) the Catholic church as an adult, he wouldn't attend with me...said that going to another denomination would be "disrespectful" to his mother as long as she was living (don't get me started...) So I tried to go as a married person, but it was hard for me to become committed and involved without my spouse joining me in that. Not a good excuse either, but I just could never be consistent about it.

Since he left, I have dedicated myself to going back. I found a new church home that is a wonderful fit for me, I renewed my confirmation vows. Through this church, I have met some wonderful new women friends with whom I have regular outings, and from them have met even more people.

I have also become a regular participant in our church's community outreach activities, which are so gratifying and rewarding, and have made me feel much more a part of my town and community and what's happening here and where the needs are, than I ever had when I was married. Again, service to others was something my Ex and I had been involved in, and something I felt like we needed to get our focus back to as a couple, but he never gave us that chance. I am so grateful to have that opportunity to do that now. I have been shown over and over that serving others in need really takes my focus off of me, and how bad I think things are in my life. Instead of being down, I am continually filled with gratitude for all that I have in my life.

Anyway, I am blibbering, and sorry C2H for the hijack, but Jill...please do consider attending; I think it will make a profound difference in your life.

besos,
BA

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard