Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Dmsw4 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I don't know if things are going well or not, but I have been keeping busy...not checking in as often as I used to. This used to be my lifeline. Sometimes it seemed I was only holding on by a string, but I didn't let go.

If anyone needs/wants to get in touch with me, try allweb@aol.com. It would be nice to hear from you. B

Each experience in life has formed me, become part of me, made me stronger.
K
K
Hey, Barb!

Quote:
I don't know if things are going well or not, but I have been keeping busy.

I hope busy is a good kind of busy.

Quote:
Sometimes it seemed I was only holding on by a string, but I didn't let go.

No, you didn't. Your girls will always remember how you fought for their family and how you stayed beside them. To paraphrase Tony the Tiger, "You're great!"

Thanks,

Joe

My sitch
More importantly, Light A Million Candles
D
Dmsw4 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Still out here. Still hanging on by a thread.

A
A
Barb,

Wow, haven't seen you around here in a long time. I'm glad you decided to check in. How are things going? Everything ok?

ALL "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
K
K
Barb,

It's good to see you posting, but that's probably because I haven't been checking with you by email. I hope that you're doing better than hanging on by a thread.

If you need to vent, there's no better place than here. If you have some good news you want to share, we're always up for good news. Do tell!

Thanks,

Joe

My sitch
D
Dmsw4 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I'm doing fine thanks. You guys OK? Thanks for checking in on me.

Something weird going on. My X has started texting and calling more than just to talk to the kids. Last text read, "How was your hot date last night? Get any?" None of your F'n business bud. (The answer is no, but still, none of your business.)I went to dinner with Glorious G...he still thinks that I use her as code for some annonymous bfriend. I was going to tell him no and that it was dinner with a girlfriend, Glorious G told me that he may have screwed up my life but not enough to start batting for the other team, I chose to just not respond.

Yech

It took me a few minutes to realize it was you (I'm still back at the Melanie stage). I have wondered how you have been doing with your dad, the girls, all the traveling to meet the x halfway....you seemed to have your plate full.

Your x's text sounded kind of creepy to me, definitely not something I would respond to. He lost all those priveleges when he walked out.

Wishing

K
K
Barb,

I'm glad to hear you're doing well.

Your XH does sound confused, doesn't he? What is so difficult about understanding that once they fought their way out of our lives, the walk aways should stay out of our lives?

How are the girls doing? Your dad? Are you still making those long drives to meet XH or to take the kids to see his parents?

And how did you let Betsey get out of the Twin Cities without seeing the Triceratops with the wounded neck frill? \:D

Thanks,

Joe

My sitch
D
Dmsw4 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
WARNING! Massive Depressing Vent Ahead..................Turn away now, it's your last chance............................

I have been doing a lot of relationship research lately. Trying to seen things from different perspectives.

I bowl on a Tuesday morning women's league as well as my every-other Sunday mixed league. It is so fascinating to see the different dynamic involved in the two different leagues. The women are supportive and sweet. The mixed league is all flirty and a bit rowdy, more competitive.

Today I had some troubles with my dad. He had a hard time getting up this morning, tough time doing his normal routine, so I was late for bowling. It seems that all of the ladies have had to deal with similar situations...they're all about 20-30 years older than I am. One comment I heard was that I was too young, had too much life ahead of me to have to deal with problems with my dad. I just feel that it's something I have to do, I just have to figure out how to do it better. I feel like I'm being pulled in two directions...kids and dad and doing neither of them any good.

Congratulations Al that you're doing so well with your S16, but I have to say that I am struggling to keep it together for my girls. Children are supposed to have a mother and a father. We need to have both perspetives. Dads can play and rough house and teach kids about fair play. Moms are supposed to sooth the bumps and bruises and be a soft place to land for kids, and dad for that matter. Dad and mom are supposed to work together to show kids how to comprimise, work things out, discuss matters, argue effectively. Unite against the kids if necessary, support each other with difficult problems, provide a decompression chamber at the end of the day to hash it all out and debrief each other about the happenings of the day.

Sounds pretty idealistic, I know. But that's the way it's supposed to be. It has been such a long time since I have had that. Someone who loves them as much as I do and who gets driven crazy by them as much as I do and who, at the end of the day, (even though I hate that expression, it fits here) wants to sit with me on the couch, or cuddle with me in bed and just listen and talk and work it all out. God I miss that. Did I ever have it? Maybe, a long, long time ago.

I remember having strep throat a few years ago. It was on a weekend and I dragged myself to the ER because I had no one to take me, and just started sobbing when the ER doc came in and put his hands on me to feel my throat, take my temp, etc. No one had cared for me in such a long time, I was overwhelmed by the simple act of a stranger caring for me. I'm almost at that point right now. I am so overwhelmed by just not knowing what to do for my dad, caring for the kids, thinking about running away from it all the next time they're out of town, knowing I can't because I have to take care of my dad...

Massive Vent session. Thanks everyone. I'm done.

K
K
Barb,

Quote:
I feel like I'm being pulled in two directions...

Because you are.

Quote:
kids and dad and doing neither of them any good.

What would their lives be like without the help that they get from you? Who has been there for your girls the way you have? Who has been there for your Dad the way you have?

Barb, it's not fair, but it's true that you are doing the jobs of two parents for your girls and the jobs of all the adult children for your Dad. You didn't ask for this, but you've taken the responsibility. What do you think of people who make good on their responsibilities to others, even when it's terribly difficult to do so? Personally, I think the world of people like you. Of you particularly.

Venting is a good idea. If you want a different perspective, how about one that sees all the work you put in for the older and the younger generations of your family as proof of the love you carry for them? No matter how crotchety or how childish they can be, they're much better off thanks to your love for them.

Better days are coming.

Hugs and prayers,

Joe

My sitch
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard