Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks for the response you two!

Well, I got the return email tonight. Oh boy! Like I thought, she is not agreeable to letting me take him with me for the 10 days I will be gone. I'm not sure if or how I will challenge this. I'm pretty sure it would be knock down/drag out and without our child custody and visitation agreement settled, I'm not sure if it's a battle I want to waste time fighting right now. There will more important battles in the future.

She's trying to use the old guilt trip on me about S7 looking forward to spending time with his Dad around the holidays and me not being around. Never mind I just offered to take him with me. Pretty much script.

I am surprised she didn't ask me for more money beyond my child support so she could get a baby sitter for when she wanted to go out during those two weeks off. Believe me, she's asked before when it was her time with S7 and she wanted to go out. I shoot that request down like a smooth whiskey, but that doesn't keep her from asking. Maybe she finally gets the clue.

Anyway, I have not responded, I don't think I will and there really isn't any reason to. She knows I'm going, she'll plan accordingly, so I'm going to reserve my flight. I'll be sipping my eggnog in an outdoor pool this Christmas and New Years.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A
Took my Boys to the Air show yesterday. It was awesome. Lots of old WWII aircraft flying around and the AF thunderbirds did their thing. They are always great to watch. It was a record breaking crowd and the weather was perfect.

On my non-relationship front, I'm to the point where I don't even have the desire for small talk with the stbx anymore. I sense our lack of communication is starting to frustrate her. I always seem to politely blow her off when the conversation turns to something other than our S7's schedule. I could be wrong, but I think she's trying to dump her baggage and is looking for my approval. How do you absolve somebody of their guilt when you have already acknowledged your forgiveness? How do you say, I wish you good luck and happiness in the future, but I don't desire to be your friend? I think she has the wrong impression about what our relationship should look like. I'm thinking that she believes I'm punishing her because I won't be her friend, but that's not the case at all. I just simply want to move on with my own life and I don't feel the need or desire to keep her informed of the details or talk about other inconsequential events going on in her life or mine.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
K
K
Astgo,

Quote:
How do you absolve somebody of their guilt when you have already acknowledged your forgiveness? How do you say, I wish you good luck and happiness in the future, but I don't desire to be your friend?

How about "I just simply want to move on with my own life and I don't feel the need or desire to keep you informed of the details or talk about other inconsequential events going on in your life or mine," perhaps edited to fit the sitch at the moment?

The airshow sounds great. I used to work in a building across the street from Andrews AFB. Folks would go in on the weekend and go to the roof to watch the airshows there.

Thanks,

Joe

My sitch
More importantly, Light A Million Candles
S
S
Hey atgo, I hear what you are saying my friend. You have it pegged I believe since you mention clearing her guilt. That's exactly what it is, they use you being cordial as a way to justify their actions.

You simply make your decisions dude and quit worrying about what she will feel or do. Your life is your own and her life is hers at this point. I agree with Koshka in that you may simply need to be honest with her and tell her.

Ian

Last edited by sofaraway; 09/30/07 12:30 PM.

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

A
OP Offline
A
Yes, you guys are right. Although I am already cordial with her, I think she's upset I don't take a more active interest in her life as it is now. If she's looking for a girlfriend, she'll have to look elsewhere. I've already given her my forgiveness, so I'm going to do like you say Ian and just not worry about her feelings. It's probably only something she's going to be able to get closure on anyway.

In a more important and crucial development, the Browns won today and Pittsburgh lost. Can you believe the dawgs are one game out of first place in their division? Also, my Sister has 6 premium box seats to the Cleveland Indians play-off game Wednesday. She is giving me one of the tickets free of charge as long as I pretend I'm on a date with one of her friends who will be going with us. I guess I'm the "fill-n date" since the other four seats are for couples. She's a nice Woman and all, but I really don't have any interest in her beyond a friendly outing to the ball park. Hey, the tickets are free, what can I say?

Life is good for me here lately. I'm really finding my beat and loving life. Hope you guys are doing well to.

-Mark Twain
Dang, I'd pretend to be anybody's date for playoff tickets.

I guess that makes me a baseball ho.

(Shut up, Ian)

A
OP Offline
A
Hey Speed!

How you doing tonight? Thanks for the thought! You know, I was reading another thread where you had made a commit about Ian being the creamy middle and I blew 7UP out my nose with the visual. No offense Ian.. LMAO!

-Mark Twain
S
S
First off ATGO, do not believe a word that comes out of Speeds mouth. It is merely his fantasies that he tries to make reality.

Second, dude, don't go to the game. I believe the Yankees were 6-0 against your beloved indians this year. It will be a short series my friend.

BA, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

A
OP Offline
A
Morning Ian,

I know the history. It's like the curse of the Bambino, but the Sox finally overcame it, so anything can happen.

I was assuming the Game was Wednesday when they said TBD, but I guess it's scheduled for Thursday.

-Mark Twain
S
S
Yep it starts Thursday and bot teams will have their rotations set. Means the Yanks will have Pettite, Clemens, and Wang all lined up for the tribe........

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard