Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Y
Y
I know the feeling, my daughter monopolizes it all the time.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.
-- Bernice Johnson Reagon

S
Sara Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Where's the lifeguard when you need him?

I just got bit on the face by my beautiful cat Drosselmeier. It's painful, but all in all not that bad for a cat bite to the face. He missed my eye. Got a pretty big tooth mark into the cheekbone, and then a small one into the cheek and another small one on the edge of the eye.

He finally got friendly. This was the first time since he went into hibernation that he came out and was cuddling with me. I was sitting on the sofa watching desperate housewives, and he was on my shoulder just cuddling. Then he decided to jump off. But his claw was caught in my necklace. So when I felt the necklace pull to go with him, I clutched him closer to me to try to get time to untangle his claw. He freaked out and bit me and then jumped off. Luckily the claw did untangle so the necklace is fine, but the face is not so good.

I cleaned it and took an antibiotic, and I guess I'll take something for pain if it gets worse.

R
R
Oh, Sara!! I always wondered about cats...they aren't as dependant as dogs.

Wow, as I typed that, it said a lot about me, didn't it? I don't like the aloofness / independence of cats...

I hope your face feels better--sounds like you were smart about the meds...I just wanted to check in over here (since I'm dealing with this mess, too, not just a sep).

Don't let the chlorine get into your bites!

S
Sara Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Oh, is the chlorine bad for cuts? My son is a lifeguard, and he just came home and looked at it. He is going to get me a fresh tube of neosporin. He's a sweet boy.

My cat is really very nice, but he is totally blind, and he doesn't understand what is going on around him. He freaks out at the slightest thing. I will talk to the vet about having him declawed. He rarely goes outside anymore. If he didn't have claws this wouldn't have happened. But he has scratched me up before, and bit my husband once before too. He just startles so badly.

K
kml Offline
K
Sara -
Call your doctor. Cat bites can carry a particularly aggressive bacteria called pasteurella multocida. When I worked in urgent care we used to see infected cat bites all the time - it can spread very rapidly, early (adequate) antibiotic coverage is key. Call your doctor tonight and find out if the antibiotic you took is appropriate.

Ellie

S
Sara Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks Ellie. I took doxycycline hyclate 100 mg. I'll call in the morning. It's not that far off.

S
Sara Offline OP
OP Offline
S
OK. Now I've doubled the dosage.

S
Sara Offline OP
OP Offline
S
It's Tuesday night now, and the threads are locked all around me. Thanks, Ellie for the good advice on the cat bite. I went ot the Dr. on Monday and got a shot and the right antibiotic. Face still looks bad, but I'm sure it will heal OK.

Anyone out there want to pass the time?

L
L
Hi Sara!!! I was wondering where everyone was. \:\)

A
A
My brother was bit on the lip by a cat and got cat scratch fever. I asked the dummy if he was trying to kiss the puss, but he denied it.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard