Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
S
S
I have a lot of anger about that. I'm sorry, in my book, you don't just throw away marriage casually. especially one with children...and that's exactly what my h did. I don't mean to say I'm a walking anger-bot, but at the same time, I'll never understand it. and it makes me mad because our kids have to pay the price of his casualness.

M-41
H-38
M-10 years, T-14 years
Bomb-PA 3/19/07
Separated-6/7/07
Piecing/h back home 5/08
S-6
S-4
D-4

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says, 'I'll try again tomorrow.'"

-Mary Anne Radmacher
#1164019 08/15/07 05:05 PM
OP Offline
yeah the 26th of July....

....Understand, that I can't, not be what I am
I'm not the milk, and Cheerios in your spoon
~ Avril Lavigne ~
..."Nobody's Fool"...

me=ok /D'd since 7/07
D=ok
OP Offline
Know what sucks?

Now I have to really change all these things. Cable's still in his name - need him to go with me to change it \:\( Water's in his name...same deal. Insurance is still joint. Gotta call them and change that.

And to top it off, because I hold a security clearance, I have to report ALL changes to marital status.....to an office gossip

~ Avril Lavigne ~
..."Nobody's Fool"...

me=ok /D'd since 7/07
D=ok
C
COG Offline
C
KS,
Quote:
Cog - can you stop by my thread and update me on what happened with your sitch? Would you have reconciled if you had been divorced? Did you see any chance of hope? Thanks.
I can't really predict if we would have reconciled if we had D. My feeling is that if we had D, it would have been after five or six years of trying to work it out, with no progress. I don't think we would have D, if either one of us was'nt at least 98% sure about it.

I can recall at least two couples that I know personally that D and then they remarried. Both say the second go around was much better.

It sounds a lot like your H was'nt completely sure about D. I don't know the details about your sitch so it's hard for me to comment on it. But, W dropped the bomb on me in October of 2000. She loved me but was not IL with me. We separated about a year and a half later, and lived separated for FOUR years. There was a period of about four years where my W had no hope for our M. She'd barely hug me, and could'nt return a "I love you too". At one point she'd made up her mind to D, and "her heart was at peace with it".

It was a long process to live through, but we turned things around. It takes a long time for a heart to change, for a person to change. Six months, 12 months, 24 months, that's just a sneeze. Our transition was five years in the making. I'd do it all again if I had to, no regrets.

Here's what I know:
1) Miracles really do happen, and they happen to average people like us.
2) It takes the courage to wrestle a wild animal, the strength to persevere an ice storm, and the kind of faith that moves mountains.
3) Humility reigns, freedom carries, and persistence ultimately conquers.
4) Fear, anxiety, disbelief, negative attitude, neediness, selfishness, jealousy, resentment, expectations, will drag you down like lead pants.
5) The word CAN'T, should only apply to rules one follows, NOT as a killer of one's hopes, and dreams. That word should be stricken from any reference relating to your potential to change your life, your M, your anything.
6) Quit is not an option as long as my S was not abusive, or cheating.

I realize I was blessed with a woman that had morals, a concience, and truly cared about our kids. I honestly think that we'd not stayed together if it were not for the kids. Neither of us dated, or had affairs that I know of while we were separated. She was a WAW, but she hung in there a VERY long time when all she really wanted was to run.

You are D now, and that's what you are. So live in the moment. Be strong, be healthy, and love all the people the Lord brings into your life. Forgive your H, let go, and move on with your life. Get YOURSELF, YOUR life in order. There's nothing to say that two people can't remarry after the D. Nothing at all. So if that's what you want, if that's your goal, then get to work!

God Bless,

COG

My Story http://www.divorcebusting.com/forum...&Number=660444&page=2#Post660444
L
L
I am so sorry. \:\(

#1164719 08/16/07 03:10 AM
N
N
I am sorry your M has reach the stage of where it is today. But, I am a believer that a D is not the end, unless you want it to be. As COG stated people do remarry after a D and generally are better off afterwards, then before the D. To me a divorce is nothing more then a piece a paper that states (in the eyes of society) that a husband and a wife lost their love for each other and they could not work out there difference and decided to go their separate ways. It does not say or state anywhere in the decree that they do not still have feeling for each other or that they can not work out their differences or that they can not remarry. It's just a piece of paper unless you want it to be more.

I wish you all the best and you have my deepest sympathy. I know how you feel.

“Do you want to be RIGHT or want to be LOVED”
“You have to have a life to share a life with someone”
“When you stop resisting, you start learning”

M15yrs
Divorced 07/07
OP Offline
Cog I want to thank you for your input. Our sitch is definitely a bit different than yours. The short Reader's Digest version - his friends came before me, I felt unloved by him, someone at work made me feel important and I stepped out of my marriage. One time. That's all it took to wreck our family. In less than one year. It's over.

He doesn't love me like he should now. His heart is numb towards me.

That doesn't give me a good feeling. To say now that we could remarry - I honestly don't know if I could trust him again. Trust him to try and not to run. He was trying somewhat because of this plan he created. He wanted to divorce, move back home 1 September and work on us for that next year - and if things were good with us, get remarried on our anniversary. I have a whole gamut of emotions - anger that he didn't really try, not even for a month. Sadness to know how he really feels about me.

I know now, that all I can do is work on me. I'm working on getting out of debt, getting into shape, and being the best mom I can be.

I do wish people would stop telling me I need to find someone else. I'm SO not ready for someone else and as of right now, doubt I'll ever be ready again...

~ Avril Lavigne ~
..."Nobody's Fool"...

me=ok /D'd since 7/07
D=ok
OP Offline
and of course some lyrics for the day....

Pink - Who Knew...

You took my hand
You showed me how
You promised me you'd be around
Uh huh
That's right
I took your words
And I believed
In everything
You said to me
Yeah huh
That's right

If someone said three years from now
You'd be long gone
I'd stand up and punch them up
Cause they're all wrong
I know better
Cause you said forever
And ever
Who knew

Remember when we were such fools
And so convinced and just too cool
Oh no
No no
I wish I could touch you again
I wish I could still call you friend
I'd give anything

When someone said count your blessings now
For they're long gone
I guess I just didn't know how
I was all wrong
They knew better
Still you said forever
And ever
Who knew

Yeah yeah
I'll keep you locked in my head
Until we meet again
Until we
Until we meet again
And I won't forget you my friend
What happened

If someone said three years from now
You'd be long gone
I'd stand up and punch them out
Cause they're all wrong and
That last kiss
I'll cherish
Until we meet again
And time makes
It harder
I wish I could remember
But I keep
Your memory
You visit me in my sleep
My darling
Who knew
My darling
My darling
Who knew
My darling
I miss you
My darling
Who knew
Who knew

~ Avril Lavigne ~
..."Nobody's Fool"...

me=ok /D'd since 7/07
D=ok
C
COG Offline
C
KS Chick,

Okay I understand more. Here's some more advice, FWIW.

Check out http://www.divorcecare.com It's an awesome program, designed for people in just your state, separated, and newly divorced. Goes through the emotions, finances, and will help you avoid the pitfalls of being recently divided.

I remember one of the instructor's of the program, via video, explaining that most WAS will return to the M within 5 years of leaving. If the LBS is still single, then things can work out. If the LBS is with someone else, then it virtually never works out. They also said that one should not date for at least a year or two after D.

I wish you the best. Seek good counsel. You're friends that suggest you just find someone else are ill advised. You've got to heal completely first.

Hang in there!

Love,

COG

My Story http://www.divorcebusting.com/forum...&Number=660444&page=2#Post660444
COG #1165961 08/16/07 10:56 PM
N
N
Originally Posted By: COG
I remember one of the instructor's of the program, via video, explaining that most WAS will return to the M within 5 years of leaving. If the LBS is still single, then things can work out.

I wonder what the actual statistics are. Irregardless that is a very reassuring thought for me.

“Do you want to be RIGHT or want to be LOVED”
“You have to have a life to share a life with someone”
“When you stop resisting, you start learning”

M15yrs
Divorced 07/07
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard