Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
A
A
Fighting from a position of Authority
AmyC
1/29/06

I learned a new definition for the word filibuster today. In Church. And it gave me something to think about and it can be applied to our situations very effectively. The definition is below....Keep reading if you want to know how it applies to us...

Quote:

Filibuster is the historical name, used predominantly in the 19th century, for private individuals who settled in foreign states with the intent of eventually overthrowing the existing government

Any of us, while we were lost or even if we were just uneducated in the ways of matrimony, caught up in our own selfishness, too busy to notice the sad condition of our homes...whatever the source of our marital problems, we can be considered to have been residing at that time in a "foreign territory". The enemy's territory. Only his work was being done at that time: destroying the family from within. For example, it applies to me in that I was lost and deeply mired in the sin of adultery and all the other sin that entails....so I was residing in a foreign territory - wholly welcomed by it's 'government' - living in the enemy's domain. Accomplishing his work and destroying my family.

But soon there came another Another who represented a better Government. He set me free - opened my eyes - forgave me - and I joined HIS battle to take back all the enemy had taken from me while I was deceived.

And now it's war. What will you do? What will I do? Will we fight for what we know is His WILL...that our marriages be brought back from the brink of divorce TO HIS GLORY.

It only takes one person to stand up and change things. Change the ENTIRE course of events. All throughout history there have been men and women who have done so for causes less than ours and causes EXACTLY like ours. Our cause is His cause. So all of heaven is behind us and there's nothing in hell or from hell that will change that. Unless we lay down. We are called to stand. We have to stand there against everything that comes against us but we are not standing without protection. We have the Armor of God and He tells us to put it on...

Gird your loins with Truth
The Breastplate of Righteousness
Feet shod with preparation on the Gospel of Peace
The Shield of Faith
The Helmet of Salvation
The Sword of the Spirit

And so we fight.
Do we get tired? Yes.
Do we get disillusioned? Yes.
Do we give up? The truth is some will. I came close.

We have the only weapon we need. The Word. It doesn't matter what the circumstances say to us, or even what our spouses say....it only matters what God says but we have to claim it and KEEP CLAIMING IT until we see the manifestation of our faith. That is the restoration of our marriages. The facts may be that we and our spouses messed up really bad. The facts may be that we don't see any signs of reconciliation. The TRUTH is God said He will "restore the years the locust has eaten"...He did not say He MIGHT restore. He said He WILL. We are always asking Him for something. Maybe now He wants something from US. He wants to see faith. Yes, He wants us to believe in what we do not see. THAT'S what faith IS.

In the Gospel of Luke are several stories where Jesus said to someone "your faith has saved you", "your faith has made you whole"... Another story tells of a man with palsy whose friends, trying to get him to Jesus, lowered him down from the roof into the house where Jesus was...they so believed He could heal their friend...the Bible says "when He saw their faith He said to the man 'your sins are forgiven'". It's about faith. And if faith the size of a mustard seed can move a mountain, we have what it takes, through Him, to save our marriages. He said in Luke 10:19 "Behold I give you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you."So we stand and we stand on His Name and we give Him the Glory and we praise Him because He brought us out of the darkness, geared us up for battle and through our faith in Him, we will win.

We are in a battle. It doesn't matter if you THINK you are or not. Or if you WANT to be or not. You ARE in it. Everyone is.
It is only a question of which side.

Shoot, if you don't feel the fire after reading that....oh my goodness...I remembered something else!

Hang on!

A
A
Found it!

From October 2006.

Quote:
My Pastor was talking about revival. Bringing life back into things that are dead and not being afraid to "fan the flames". He talked about Acts 28 when Paul was shipwrecked and was adding wood to the fire and the serpent latched onto his hand and all the "natives" thought surely he woudl drop dead but he did not...THEN he went on to mention that later, when Paul was in prison and Timothy was losing hope and about to give up Paul said to Timothy "the Lord has not given you a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind". My Pastor put it together and was driving it home man, and I had chills as he was saying to "FAN THE FLAMES! WHENEVER YOU FAN THE FIRE - THE SERPENTS WILL COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK! THROW THEM OFF!!KEEP STIRRING BECAUSE GOD HAS NOT GIVEN YOU A SPIRIT OF FEAR!!! THE PROBLEM TODAY IS THAT THE CHURCH IS MORE AFRAID OF WHAT THE ENEMY IS GOING TO DO WHEN HE OUGHT TO BE AFRAID OF WHAT WE'RE GOING TO DO!!!".

Last edited by AmyC; 07/20/07 03:31 AM.
A
A
Feeling better yet, sandi?

Last edited by AmyC; 07/20/07 03:30 AM.
F
FA Offline
F
Amy helps everyone feel better!

Man who walks with BIG stick!
I
I
Sandi...I missed the posting on talking to your D...care to share again?

Take care...I hope whatever is causing you stress now will remedy itself soon...but it does seem when it rains it pours...just hang on...the sun will come out tomorrow!

Lin

Happy and together
J
J
I know I feel better Amy, thanks!

-JDK

My story | My story - part 6 <- last thread
S
sandi2 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank You Amy,

I wanted to reach out to you, but the last I had heard, your father-in-law was not doing good, so I didn't want to bother you. But, I thought of you going through all that mess and then having to deal with your FIL ordeal. So sorry.

I feel like you know what I am going through. I wish I knew how to contact the other WAW that could just talk to me during the times I feel so weak. I would appreciate anything you could "dig" up and send to me, Amy.

I know there are times you get sick of this whole thing....the board...everything. But, sweetie, God has used your pain to help those of us on here. Maybe that doesn't soothe your feelings any, but I want you to know that it has not all been in vain. Just keep throwing those scriptures at me girl, cause the devil has helped me to turn my eyes away from God's Word for a almost a year now. It is unbelievable what can happen in just one year when you allow your heart to turn away from what you know is the truth. You can attend church and go through all the "motions" of being a Christian...but God know's the heart. My heart certainly has not been "fixed on God". I know if I will lean on Him....He will see me through it. Just keep reminding me of that fact.

Thanks for being here for me....and so many more like me.

Last edited by sandi2; 07/20/07 12:46 PM.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
B
B
Your a child Gone Dancin. Really. I should have private message still me. It was a joke. She knows that. You idiot.

S
sandi2 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hey FA, How you doing? Haven't hear much from you. Send me a long post, why don't ya?

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
D
D
Hi again,

Quote:

I am afraid to touch him for fear that his hopes will sky rockett. It just doesn't take much for him to think everything is "fixed" and it is far from being fixed.

A sure fire way to kill your marriage, is to avoid doing things because your husband "might" react a certain way. Becuase you can always think up some reaction from him that would be negative.. so you can provide yourself with an excuse not to do ANYTHING, if you allow yourself to keep thinking that way.

if you've read michelle's book(s), you might know the importance of acting "as if".. in the sense of "act as if if.. your husband will react the way you would LIKE him to react".

if you need reassurance about that.... then combine it with actually talking to your husband about it. he's not a dog.. you can actually hold a conversation with him ;\)

Maybe let him know,
"I'd like to spend a little time with you, just sitting next to you. I still need your help doing [whatever you need him to keep doing for your relationship]. But I thought I might try this, for OUR relationship. I'm not ready for anything more than just sitting next to each other... I'd like you to understand that if you push for more, that will make me feel uncomfortable, and I will get up. Are you ok with that?"

Quote:

got some very distrubing news and I am feeling so weak in my resolve not to contact the OM.

again... try talking to your husband!. he is the one you need to be turning to.
you're "lucky", in that most men usually LIKE to follow explicit directions. So, you can directly ask him, "I'd like to share something I heard about. i need someone to talk to. i need you to be [understanding/just listen/whatever YOU need]. Would you do that for me?"

If he loves you, and wants to work on your marriage.. he WANTS to do things for you. Telling him what he can do for you, and giving him a chance to do it, will make him very happy.

Last edited by Dom R; 07/20/07 06:25 PM.

My current status: june 2006. Wife ran out and filed D.
Finalized Jan 11, 2010, after 12.5 years M.
3 wonderful sons caught in the middle

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard