Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
S
S
See ATGO, you are way nicer than I am.... I would have told her to report him to the cops, maybe they will arrest him and he can be your boyfriends cellmate..... but thats just me......

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

A
OP Offline
A
Truth be told Ian, I think she was recruiting me to forcefully intercede should it become necessary. I'm not going to witness a Woman getting physically abused in my presence, but there's nothing I or OW could do to prevent it in private. Her Mother just needs to sober up and take control of her life. It bothers me how OW feels obligated to baby-sit her Mother.

Just what I need, more drama!

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
L
L
Originally Posted By: Astimegoeson

Just what I need, more drama!

the great thing is... you're in the drivers seat here!

and the reply to the stbx, can I say trifling.... funny as hell , but still spitefully immature.

just thought I'd give you the smack on the head.... cause your buds here will high 5 that all day But we've all been there!

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
A
OP Offline
A
Lost, your right, I can be immature at times. If I were to say what was really on my mind at the time though, it would have been more disturbing then my playful sarcasm. I guess it's my way of biting my tongue.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A
Morning all...

Nothing new to report on my situation. I had my S7 yesterday and we threw the bb and went bike riding. I have to work today. STBX is taking S7 & S14 to the drag races Saturday night, so I guess I have a free night.

I know she's going to visit OM this Sunday. No big deal anymore, but I don't know why she still feels a need to make excuses about where she is going or what she is doing. She really doesn't have to say anything and I never ask. She only volunteers to lie when she's going to visit OM. Same pattern and behavior from her that leads me to this conclusion. She always tells me how much I don't really know her and how deep she really is. To me, she's shallow and I can read her like a cheap dime store comic book. She's not as complicated or "deep" as she would like everyone on the outside to believe. She's having some serious identity issues, but that's her problem.

I'm looking forward to this weekend and also moving into my new place this up coming week. It marks a milestone for me because it's going to be a permanent residence for me and I won't have a roommate. No more worrying about the owner moving in because he got fired or is to frikin lazy to hold onto a job. I really do like this guy, he's friendly and personable, but sometimes his attitude aggravates me. He sold some of his property in TN to hold him over, but that money is about to run out and he has not even started looking for a job. Not my problem if they repossess his house, I'll be gone. He's already worried about the lost rent I was paying, maybe it will motivate him along with the back Child Support he owes to get a job. He complains and feels sorry for himself because of his situation, but he really doesn't have anyone to blame but himself. He was making about $140,000 a year on his last job before he blew it off. Not a bad salary for Louisiana, most there would kill for it.

BTW, I'm trying to organize a White Water Rafting trip to New River in WV the first weekend of September. I already have peeked the interest of about 15 people and will get a final head count in a week or so. If anyone is interested, let me know.

-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A

-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A
Vegas in Oct?

Last edited by Astimegoeson; 07/20/07 04:17 PM.

-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A
I love Vegas!!! It's a bad influence on me though!

-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A
Good Monday Morning DB'ers and survivors.

This week marks somewhat of a milestone for me. I'm moving into my own place, I will no longer have a roommate. I'm turning over the financial responsibilities for the house over to my stbx. She's legally obligated to pay the mortgage until spring at which time she will either need to buy it outright or put it on the market. She's in love with that house, so I know she'll buy it. I think she's just looking for a better interest rate. It's OK with me, it's not really a home to me anymore like it is for her and my S7. As long as I'm off the deed, and my S7 is comfortable there, I'm OK.

She keeps thinking or believing I'm still interested in her personal life. She'll loose her temper at any hint of control on my part. She's very paranoid with the control issue. It's almost like she wishes I still cared so she can continue to rebel. Is this normal or what? It's very strange. I honestly don't care anymore as long as my S7 isn't negatively impacted by her decisions/behavior. I think she's disappointed that I'm no longer a character in her romance novel drama. I'm no longer the evil, overbearing Husband, Baron, Lord, or King. She can't live her fantasy if all the characters aren't in place... Darn!

She doesn't know about my own personal life which is very interesting and fulfilling for me. I use to think the term GAL was loosely thrown out there to give you false hope in the face of despair, but it really has been a natural course of events in this process. We really don't have a choice and the sooner we grasp the concept, the better off we are in the long run. I'm really enjoying life again and have totally let go. This new place I'm moving into has just boosted my PMA to the moon. I want to decorate and organize it to my own personal taste. I have not been able to do that in many years and I'm looking forward to it. There are definite advantages to being a bachelor again.

Anyway, just an update here, I'm rambling. Thanks for reading!

-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A
I'm moving my bed and computer from our house into my new place tomorrow. This will be the last of my stuff to move out other than my tools that are in the garage. I have been sleeping on my couch the last few nights. I bought this bed before stbx and I were married. It was very expensive for a bed, but well worth it imo. I figure you spend 1/3 of your life in bed, so why not spend the money accordingly. It has solid cherry wood post and side boards, with a black rod iron head and foot frame. Very thick mattress with just the right firmness, it's very comfortable. I know the stbx will miss it. It came with me and will go with me. I'm moving the twin size bed that's in our guest room into her room so she'll have something to sleep on. She doesn't have the money now to buy a larger bed, so she'll have to get accustom to it.

There will not be much left there to remind her I once lived there accept for our S7. Everyone says he is a splitting image of me accept with blond hair, so he's a huge reminder I guess. She's the one that picked out the living room, bedrooms, and kitchen furniture. I wasn't with her when she bought furniture, she never invited me along and for good reason. Her sense of style is very unique in the sense that NOBODY else in the world would have picked out that furniture. I didn't care for it, but wouldn't dare say anything. She would always be excited to tell me she purchased it "on clearance" and I would pretend to be surprised at that. I'm not exactly a Nate Berkus when it comes to interior design, but I know ugly when I see it.

This is bitter sweet for me. Great in the sense that I feel free to move forward without regrets and disappointment in the sense of knowing what could have been. Within my spirit, it all seems so final. Is this what they call closure?

Last edited by Astimegoeson; 07/25/07 04:43 PM.

-Mark Twain
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard