Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Bethie, yep, I can hear Arte Johnson from Rowna and Martin's Laugh-in saying, "very interesting." \:\) btw, sent you a message.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
A
A
C2H,

How's it going oh neglectful one? I was wondering who my EX was talking about when she said I wasn't the most pathetic man on the planet. Now I'm starting to think that she may have discovered this board and your despicable behavior involving total disregard for your children and their well being. For the past two years I thought I was the best at something, I figured if I was going to be pathetic I might as well be really good at it. Now you come along and bump me into second place...

I hope you have a blast chasing gymnasts and spreading raunch and debauchery to the far corners of the earth. Have a great trip and a safe journey back home.

ALL "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
ALL, you know, "pathetic X husbands of a feather, flock..."

I believe we are in good company.

R & D for the world!

Committed2Him- "C2H"
Anger/Resentment/Jealousy? (My rant for the moment)

I am about to meet my kids, X and Mr. X at the airport as my D prepares to depart for an 18 day trip to Australia. I was feeling strange about this departure gathering and really couldn't pinpoint the feeling. Anger, resentment, jealousy?

Of course we will be taking pictures and video and the other day I was thinking that I didn't want to shoot any pictures or video with Mr. X in them. In a sense, I feel childish or somewhat jealous and know that these situations are not really comfortable for me. These special moments are tainted by the presence of a male who did not have the backbone or character to deal with his own marriage and stay clear of a married woman (notice I did not write "man").

So how do shall I deal with this?

For my daughter's sake, I will WILL MYSELF to totally be me! Have fun with it and joke with her. I will take the pictures and video, regardless if Mr. X is standing near (I can always photo shop a clown face later on for laughs). I will continue to be cordial to him so that my kids can see how a gentleman with class and character behaves.

I will stand firm in the truth that my daughter loves her daddy and NO male who is present in her life can replace that, ever!

Today we shopped and then went to lunch. I hugged and kissed her a bunch of times at the various places went and, though she is now 16, she still lets me take her hand like I did when she was a little girl (but only for periods of time LOL!)

Yes, Mr. X will be present but he is the outsider.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
C2H,
Yes, he "is" the outsider and your kids understand that also. My D22 adores her dad in spite of what's happened but she would "never" let him hold her hand. Never!!! Not sure why but she hangs all over me when we're together. Works for me!!!

One thing I'd like to mention is that the nicer you are to Mr X, the more it makes him look like a schmuck and he knows that and eventually, so will your kids.

You're a class act, bud. Well.....except for the clown face thingy.

L
L
C2H...

What a great attitude you have in the face of such discomfort. You likely won't find any flack for your feelings here.... I think we can all sympathize.

I love the photoshop idea! of course, you must for your personal collection have at least one with a bare backside plastered right atop his shoulders!!!

The fact that your 16yr. old still lets you hald her hand is the sweetest thing I've heard all day.... it's the littlest of things that are the biggest of blessings! \:\)

Stay strong C2H.... you're storing up treasures...
\:\)
~lost

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
Quote:
One thing I'd like to mention is that the nicer you are to Mr X, the more it makes him look like a schmuck

Making a mental note to myself to remember this. Great point Jill. As for holding her hand, years ago we got into just holding pinkies and so when it is just the two of us, I'll initiate it and she doesn't resist but I know not to do it in a way that will embarass her. Today, on the way into buy some earphones for her iPod, I just stuck out my hand and she grabbed it. We walked towards the store and then I looked at her after a while and said, "Is that long enough?" and she smiled and nodded so I let go, satisfied that she's still my baby.

Lost,
Love the other derier photo shop edit idea for my own amuzement LOL! Yep, storing up treasures and can't wait to eventually be present to recieve them.

Daughter's Airport goodbye
It went VERY well! X and Mr. X got to the airport with D ahead of me and had time to take pictures and basically say good bye, standing back as D stood in line to get her boarding pass with the other students going on the tour. I walked in, said hello to the newlyweds and hugged my son and made a bee line for my daughter. I took some pictures and video and then plopped my self in line with her, joking around with her and her friends.

X and OM still stood back and left after 10 minutes. The group still was accessible to us for about another hour so I hung out with the other parents, had someone shoot video of me sneaking up on my daughter like the crock hunter and then sat with her as the group waited for the last person to show and get their boarding pass. There were opportunities to move in and out to chat with her and the group as they waited for their pass and then waited for their luggage to be screened. Following that, there was time to sit and talk about her flight, and guess about when they would sleep and how they would kill time.

Finally they had everyone and moved to the final stage which was as far as we could go.We parents followed them until they went through security and then watched as they disapppeared down a corridor.

I wrote her a card for the flight including telling her I loved her and that this trip was a chance to exhibit the love of God by her actions more than by her words. I also wrote that if it was either of our time to go be with the Lord that we would be waiting for the other to spend eternity together. Some might think this to be a bit morbid but we never know when is the last time we might be seeing a loved one. When I went to my reunion, I asked my son, "If something should happen to me while I'm gone, where will I be?" His reply, "in heaven, waiting for me."

I also presented her with four envelopes to open later in the trip, when ever she felt like it. Knowing that she would be busy with friends but in actuality, around the world by herself, I decided to print bible verses for her with a hand written message from me on the backside. The envelopes were labled: Rejoice, Joy, Peace and Fear Not.

I may not be there in person but this was my way of reminding her I really am and, even more importantly, so is her God.

As I sign off, Airport tracking services indicate her flight just lifted off. I am a peace with how everything went this evening. A verse I printed for her:

Romans 15:13
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
A
A
C2H

Ah yes, I can see clearly now why your EX thinks you're so neglectful.

Obviously you have more class than I do so my EX must have been talking about someone else when she mentioned that there were more patethic guys out there than me.

Have a good one buddy.

ALL "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
I don't know ALL. Airsoft wars in your house, raising your kids without her financial help, teaching S to be a manyly man, shingling roofs etc? We sound similarly pathetic!

(Oh, gotta go take my son to summer school)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
LOSERS!!!!

Don't you have women to chase, lies to tell and beer to guzzle???

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard