Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
I think the WAS are running away too fast to have a web site...

52, separated 2 years, divorced 1 mo., married 30 years. I just went thru an awful court case and I'm still reeling from the judge's decision so I'm not real positive this minute.

There does appear to be a great diversity of responders. Divorce at any age is ugly and hurts all it touches. I would like to add that as much as this has hurt, I have grown so much. I am a different person and like who I have become. I have found my faith in God and that has been worth the pain and struggle.

52, 53 middle of next month. Three boys 22, 19, 16. Married 26 years.

Blair
Hello fellow left behinds,
Me, well I'm 45, div official Dec '99 was married 19 yrs. First gal I ever dated and only gal I was ever with. We had 3 kids who are now 19, 16, and 14. During div proceedings I suffered major heart attack and needed emergency bypass surgery. X did not stop div but let me move back home to recover She had her room I had mine we continued to be parents to our kids.

X was very angxious to leave state we lived in and filed petiton with court to move going so far as to waive all child support requirements for me if I'd agree to that. Still recovering from the surgery and not wanting anymore stress from protracted court battle I agreed. BIGGEST mistake I ever made. X moved kids 3 states away to a hick community where a friend lived. I have seen kids only twice in past 18 months. Both my car and X's car have broken down, I was required to work ALL weekends and holidays in past 15 months, just one thing on top of another every time I think I may be able to get to see the kids.

The move has impacted the kids as well. Within 6 months of moving their temporary home was destroyed in a flood. They moved in with X's friend (all 3 kids in one room). Former in-laws sent funds to build a new home but at a price, once finished former in-laws moved into home WITH THEM!! X had been in counceling for 8 years prior to div and was told by therapist she needed to get rid of "Negative influences in her life" (Me and her parents) She sure took back her abusive, manipulative, controlling parents real fast.

I'm getting by as best I can day to day with the hope my financial situation improves soon so I can arrange either to go see the kids or pay for them to come here.

Side note to GINO (VOLT) nice to see you on here again. Seems both our xes wanted happiness and didn't get it huh.

Rob

W
W
I am 26, have 4yr old son and have been married for 4yrs. WAW is 24

hey, 39 (for real)- married 16 yrs. divorced 6 months, but he's been gone 1.25 yrs.
3 kids. youngest 3.

i'm doing pretty darn well w/ the whole him gone thing now. very unlike this time last year!

mbw Offline
To be honest I think that the walk aways are too wrapped up in their misery and "me" attitudes to put the effort into starting a site.

The truth is they don't look for a chat board, they go and post on the dating sites. That's whay my WH did 3 months after leaving. He found two girls to write to at the dating site that were also "separated" even though they hadn't left their husbands yet. When I quieried him on it he said he wasn't there to "date" just to find someone in the same situation he could talk too. (yeah right with an add title like "looking for courting opportunities") Always looking for understanding in a different relationship aren't they?

My own research showed 100 out of 500 people on the site were "separated" just in my area alone, and I live in a pretty conservative one. I'm sure not all of them were the walk away, but I'd bet my life the majority are.

There is a chat board for the "other woman" that is more than educational (read sickening). can't remember it off hand, but one of the others here might.

mbw Offline
Besides, this board works because wonderful people are willing to reach out and lift others. The WAS are so into their me worlds of selfishness that a board like that wouldn't get very far. Can you see it?

Poster one...Wah! my life sucks, I have two women fighting for me, my kids hate me, my friends and family have turned againse me and I just don't know what to do!

Poster 2: Shut up dude, you think you've got it bad.... yada yada yada.

I'm 43, was married 18 years have 2 small happy, loved children and we are doing okay. This board was my surviving link - kept me from going over the fence many a times!

Missy

was this it?

'sickening'

Well if I have this figured right, I was married for 13 years. I am 48 and never thought I would be starting over at this stage of my life. There is love and paing out there yet to be felt. I am not afraid. It was the x's second marriage, she left the first one at 14 years. She now lives with my x best friend. I think he has done me a great favor. No kids, she had two and I get to play grandfather to two young boys. Life is worth living. Lar Bear

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard