Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
N
NDDT Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Well the firework show last night was truly spectacular. Every other show I have seen in my life paled in comparison to this one.

Still pretty bummed about losing my ring. I feel naked without it.
I dont think I am going to say anything to wife about it unless she asks.

Really slept in a bit today. I got up at 930 and woke the kid at 10. I feel those Sunday blues trying to sneak up on me.....After a nice weekend with my girl, when mommy comes gets her and the reality of my sitch kinda slaps me in the face again. Oh I'll get through it.....it is getting easier, but I look forward to the day I dont get them blues at all.

Hope everyone is doing good today.

P
P
Why not tell her a little bit about the camping trip and ask if she had a good weekend? Act mysterious and she will wonder if life is better back.

I agree with all the other posts - I too desperately want to say 'I miss you' (even though she is still here) and 'I love you', but I know that will not help me in the long term.

I think I'm going to start acting like a toffee M&M - hard on the outside (hide the emotion), soft and chewy on the inside (screaming emotional mess).

Thank goodnes for this site, I don't know how I would make it through the days. Just been swimming with my 2 (W away on Hen doo) - mostly fun, but not a family togetherness.

Paul

Married 16
Know 21
Kids m8, f5

Bomb: 4/07
Despair to Hope: 4/07 - ongoing

Never, ever give up

Current Sitch
N
NDDT Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Well I believe what happened today was definatley a small miracle.
If youe have been following my posts you will know that yesterday I lost my wedding ring. I will recap.

Yesterday afternoon I went swimming with my daughter. It was very sunny so I put some sun block on her. We were swimming for a bit and playing, I picked her up and tossed her. My hands must have been slippery from the sun block because when I threw her my ring went flying off of my finger. There were some kids there with googles and we looked for about an hour, it was gone. It was gone what could I do. I was bummed. We left. All the rest of the day when I looked at my finger I felt naked.

This morning when I woke up first thing I see when I open my eyes is my ringless finger. Kinda hit me in the gut you know....
So about 12 I say to my girl lets go swimming. I wanted to look around some more, but did not have any real hope. She did not want to go because she was playing with friends. About 1:30 she comes in the house and sez, "now is the time to go swimming"

We get there as I am pulling into the parking lot there is this older guy just loading a metal detector into his trunk up ahead of where I was gonna park. I was not going to bother him, but something pushed me a bit. I pull up and ask, "Say you didnt happen to find a wedding band did you?" he is like "no, you must be the guy that the lifeguards told me about, you lost your ring yesterday" "Yeah, hey does that thing work in the water?"
He gets this look like, awww crap I was just gonna leave......he asks, "do you know about where you lost it?" "Yup, I could probably get within 15 feet I think" He sez, "Well I dont have alot of time but I will do a quick scan for you, but dont hold your breath, lots of people are out here doing this, it was probably found already........"

So we go out in the water. I get to the spot I think I lost it. He sez just stay put and I will do a 20 foot sweep. He goes back and forth about 3 times, and sez "sorry, it is probably gone"
then tells me, "move lets check where you were standing"

"hey I got something" he scoops up a sifter type shovel of sand and as the sand washes away THERE IS MY RING!!!!!!! "Is this yours and hands it to me" yup it fit like a charm, I thank him, but I am choking up, (and am again as I type this) I tell him to give me his adress so I can send him a reward and he is like forget about it, leave it at home next time you go swimming, and walks away. I went and sat down on a bench and cried for a bit........
It is now back on my finger where it belongs.

I am trying to see all the messages in this incident that God is trying to show me........there are alot of them I think.

Wife came and picked up our daughter about 1/2 hour ago. She was in her usual grumpy Sunday night mood. I noticed that she was wearing a ring, not her wedding band and not even on her left hand.
Seems to me that she was not in a very good place though, we did discuss a little scheduling. I was pretty PMAish throughout. Dont know what is gonna happen there though.

I suppose if you truly let something go sometimes you get it back, and sometimes you dont...............

N
N
Great story NDDT! Glad you found it. I found my ring after having lost it for a few days during the "troubles," and it really bummed me out. I'd left it in a hotel, and they had found it and mailed it back to me.

M 39
W 39
M'd 10 yrs; T 14 yrs
S7 D4
Bomb 5-8-05
W not working on M 1-22-07; EA 2-22
DB 4-10
S 6-11
No more C
Link
Wow, that's awesome! I am so glad you found it!

Me(34)
H(36)
M for 11 yrs
S4
D1.5
Bomb 9/2006

N
NDDT Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I am trying to sort out all of the lessons I am supposed to learn from what happened with my ring......

1. Only if you truly let something go will you have a chance to get it back

2. Timing is everything

3. With the right tools you can do anything

I guess they all apply.....

Have a nice monday everyone

Awesome NDDT. Happy you found it buddy.

Scott: 38
X: 39
M: 13yrs D: 12/12/08
S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA
Bomb: 8/10/06 S: 01/07 Asked for D: 05/07 Mediation 07/07

"And when all's been said and done
It's the things that are given, not won
Are the things that you want"
- Gomez; See the World
N
N
Hey buddy. Long time no talk. Come visit me some time. I was thinking of two things. First, I would love to sample you ribs some time. Second, in this month's Men's Health, they said that a new stud on smoking conluded that walking can quell cigarette cravings. People who walk 10 minutes a day felt 76% fewer withdrawal symptoms and 33% fewer cravings! Wow! How's it going, by the way?

M 39
W 39
M'd 10 yrs; T 14 yrs
S7 D4
Bomb 5-8-05
W not working on M 1-22-07; EA 2-22
DB 4-10
S 6-11
No more C
Link
N
NDDT Offline OP
OP Offline
N
When I think of sample I think of the lady at the grocery store who can slice a pizza thinner than I think is humanly possible. If you were ever here to "sample" my ribs expect a heaping plate of em, yeah might shoot your diet in the azz for a day or two, but it will be worth it.

Smoking. I dont know why, but I feel as if this is a lynch pin point to a whole new life for me. I want to quit, (as I take a puff) and plan on taking another shot at it this coming weekend.
I know the week I did not smoke I felt better, well minus the cravings. But I was sleeping better. My sinus felt better. I think that if I did not smoke I could also live a more active lifestyle too.

And you ask "Hows it going?" I am not sure. I mean I have been feeling pretty middle of the road lately. No really low points. Felt myself going down the crazy road at work yesterday....."What is she doing, who is she with?" But I managed to nip that in the butt pretty fast. I feel as if I am detaching more and more. I am reaching out to more people, last night I called the parents of my daughters school friend, and we will be attending a parade tommorow with them, she will be excited when I tell her.

"Hows it going?" Like I have said the lows havent been so bad.....but I cant say I have been over zealous about much lately. I mean it is good I eliminated the low lows, but I dont feel excited about much either. So I guess I am looking for something to become excited, (passionate) about. Do not want to get to comforatable in my rut you know?? Anyhow, I have to get ready for work........have a great day all!!!

G

N
NDDT Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I am out. Changed Nickname to NDDT. Moving to "We're separated--What Now?" forum. Take care everyone.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard