Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Choc, stop saying you shoulda/coulda done something else. Everything you have done has been exactly what you needed to do at exactly the right time. This whole thing does NOT hinge on the timing of one email or one comment. Give yourself a break.

Choc, you CAN miss your dad's birthday. It IS an option. What if you were the dad and one of your married children needed to miss your birthday because he was needed at home? Surely your dad will understand? Can you go at another time, maybe a week or month later when ALL of you can go? I'm not saying you should skip the birthday, just saying you should consider it, make it a real option. Don't automatically slam the door on that option, for it IS a real option if you feel you are needed at home. OTOH, maybe going is the best thing for YOU. You have to do what is best for YOU. You can't be everywhere at once and be everything to everybody. Just think it through.

This is what to focus on: "For a time, at least a short time, you show her what she is potentially giving up (the good Choc), and her intact family."

How much do you need to get her there?

Corri

O
O
Lil Choc, you CAN miss your dad's birthday. It IS an option. What if you were the dad and one of your married children needed to miss your birthday because he was needed at home? Surely your dad will understand?
I am a dad to kids 35 & 37. If one of them were you Choc, I would want my son/daughter to stay home and take care of what is more important, the cohesiveness of a family with 4 kids. My 4 grandkids.

You see, it isn’t me that would be important; it is you and my (imaginary) grandkids that would be my priorities. I hope your dad isn’t that self centered he has to see you on one exact day.

Geez a couple of weeks, a month later, wouldn't lesson the value of my 80th birthday.

A view from my side of the situation.

Lou

OG_Lou #1063263 05/22/07 05:59 AM
Is it a big party or something of that nature, Choc?

**zuzu**
Background
Current Thread
**zuzu** #1063288 05/22/07 09:43 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Yes, a huge 80th party for him. I need to be there, and frankly, my family should have been there with me.

C
OP Offline
C
My wife keeps talking about "needing to make more money." Her part-time job as a certified personal trainer has netted her anywhere from $175 - $300/week, and until recently, while not crazy about the pay, she's been content with it.

She's been very distant since our lunch last week. The daily phone call, that we would always try to make, one of us to the other, isn't happening unless I initiate it, and even then, she seems to try and cut it short.

I think she is preparing herself. Remember, my original "bomb" e-mail said "I won't live in an affection-less marriage much longer." She does not feel like she has any affection for me anymore. So, she is preparing herself, mentally and financially, for me to no longer be with her.

As much as I tell her now that I'm willing to fight for this, I think she is pulling away, even faster and even more, than she's been emotionally pulling away for the past 5, 10, 15 years. Because she knows I've had it now.

I'm in "fight" mode; she seems to be in "flight" mode.

Is this what they call the "crucible?"

C
C
Choc,

Its gonna get worse before it can get better. She has to find her way out of the "fog", a difficult process.

I personally think you have a good chance of success. I think OM is pushing her hard. I think the fact that she is silent means she is in a really hard debate with herself. If her mind was made up, you'd probably be hearing more of the "space" talk. I think it is certain though that she is stewing big-time.

JMHO of course

Chrome

"Recollect me darlin, raise me to your lips, two undernourished egos, four rotating hips"

Inertia Creeps by Massive Attack
C
OP Offline
C
Chrome,

I do think that this OM is WAY more into her that she is into him. And I'm banking on him getting desperate during this time, and pushing her, and making some wrong moves.

Trust me, pressure does NOT work with my wife.

Choc.

C
C
Quote:
I do think that this OM is WAY more into her that she is into him. And I'm banking on him getting desperate during this time, and pushing her, and making some wrong moves.

And that is good ... long term. For now though, some things may happen that are going to be really hard for you to swallow.

Quote:
Trust me, pressure does NOT work with my wife.

It doesn't work with most people, at least not if you want someone to want to do something.

Chrome

"Recollect me darlin, raise me to your lips, two undernourished egos, four rotating hips"

Inertia Creeps by Massive Attack
C
OP Offline
C
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm about to enter the "Everything is Choc's Fault" phase.

I'm bracing for it.

I Will Not Go Quietly
Don Henley

Woke up with a heavy head
And I thought about leavin town
I could have died if I wanted to-
Slipped over the edge and drowned
But, oh no baby, I wont give up so easy
Too many tire tracks in the sands of time
Too many love affairs that stop on a dime
I think its time to make some changes round here
Yeah, Im gonna tear it up