Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
K
Quote:
do regret not finding out about DB earlier - it would've saved my dignity a bit

Still
This is exactly my answer, after fighting for my M for over 3-1/2 yrs and going thru a one year D, thats about all I regret, that in the begining I begged and cried and lost myself-- I do not regret fighting for the M or our family though, just wish I had DBed earlier!

Good Luck to you

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

S
OP Offline
S
KMS: Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you in the end, but you definitely have the right attitude about fighting for your M and your family...

M: 33
MLC/WAH: 33
M 6 yrs, together 12
2 kids: 5,2
Bomb #1: 4/06 - "I don't love you anymore", almost S
Bomb #2: 7/06 - EA/PA since late 05, kicked H out/S
Bomb #3: 1/07 - "No longer have any feelings for you. It's over.", living w/OW, no talk of D
K
K
Hey Still!
Oh believe me, my M may not of worked out, but I am finding that is not the worse thing on earth! I have met and have been dating a wonderful man! I was able to keep my house and have just redecorated, my S is home from college w/ ME - and I have my self respect back, so you see, I didnt save my M but in the end, I kinda feel like the winner. \:\)

I hope everyone here gets exactly what they want, and if not,things do have a way of working out, just believe.

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

SH,

I'm nearly five years out. That said, there comes a real acceptance and serenity with time. I have no regrets. After awhile, I've come to see those "regrets" I had early on as "lessons learned." After all life is a learning process, no? Each of those lessons, both big and small, have contributed to the person I am today. I believe I am much happier and better off with all of those lessons.

S
OP Offline
S
KMS: I agree with you - things do have a way of working out. That's really great that things are going so well for you. Even though I'm still somewhat in the midst of all this drama, I know that I'm ok and will be ok no matter what because when I'm lying in bed with my boys, they're all that I need. Having their dad at the other end would be the icing on the cake - preferably their real dad, but if one day it's someone else who loves them just as much, that'd be ok too.

keyz: If my M does one day finally come to an end, I hope that I will reach that acceptance and serenity that you have. I've read from studies that in most cases, 5 years after D, people aren't necessarily happier. I think that DB definitely helps to prevent this from happening, so no matter what, I'm glad to have found the book and this site.

M: 33
MLC/WAH: 33
M 6 yrs, together 12
2 kids: 5,2
Bomb #1: 4/06 - "I don't love you anymore", almost S
Bomb #2: 7/06 - EA/PA since late 05, kicked H out/S
Bomb #3: 1/07 - "No longer have any feelings for you. It's over.", living w/OW, no talk of D
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard