Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
P
OP Offline
P
Having a hard time buying completely into the positive changes. The bad have been going on for so long and with such conviction, that I'm not sure if W is really changed or just leaning differently on the fence. I really don't want to set myself up for more hurt. I am glad to see positive results, just not positive on how to handle them.

B
B
I know how you feel, Phoenix. I am rooting for you. My M seems to be headed for the dumpster again. Ah well!

Take care.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
P
OP Offline
P
Our date this weekend is dinner out and Saturday night SC session. Let's see what is said in regards to our favorite topic. Right now I have been listening often to what was said at Saturday morning GC in regards to the big D. We too have a new B, however I have known him for a few years and he is a good man. Let's see how he handles this one when I approach him. I will attempt this weekend. Let's see if I have the courage to do so.

W
WCW Offline
W
Too many abbreviations, I am confused. SC, GC, B. I know D.

How was the weekend and your approach?

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
B
B
Good luck, Phoenix. I am thinking we might need to chat to our B, too, but H seems reluctant at this time. He is spiritually not there, I guess. Nor am I really, but I am willing to try anything.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
P
OP Offline
P
Things went fairly well. Dinner went well and yes the topic of the day was well addressed. Chat went well and good council was given. There was a little rough spot through the weekend, but things have gone well since. A discussion with a friend brought some encouraging things to light, perhaps something I did not recognize before now. The main point I learned this weekend is, "work on self". Not a new theory here, but a strong re-enforced idea which is once again driven home.

A
A
Hi Phoenix,

I stumbled on your thread a couple weeks ago (I've learned so much from the good people here in Piecing) and realized that I share a common background with you and BeingMe. Just wanted to stop by and say hi and send my best wishes.

Funny how the things we really need to learn and do aren't new...they just get lost in the craziness of life so easily. Good luck with working on yourself and your M.

Aud

Me-36
H-36
3 young children
Married-14y
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks for stopping by, hopefully what I learn in this struggle will help others along the way. This weekend I got to sit with a friend and talk about the power of conscience and guilt. He pointed out that perhaps the main struggle right now might be that W is trying to balance what the HG/guilt is telling her and what society is trying to draw her down with. All though more "light" can be seen in her demeanor, it is a day to day struggle. She is fighting to decide what is better F/M or path of least resistance.

Luckily, I think there are those who have been down this messy road before, who are taking her under their wing and giving her the reality of what is wrong with the path of least resistance. Hopefully they will be able to get their point across. How about giving me a link to your latest thread so I can read up? As you can see I've been in this for awhile, fortunately I have this site this time through. Long story, maybe another time.

A
A
Ugh. Sorry you've been dealing with this for so long. I hope she finds her way.

Here's my current thread .

Me-36
H-36
3 young children
Married-14y
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks for the link, I'm getting up to speed on your sitch. Hopefully I'll be able to give some decent advice.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard