Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
jethro Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey JJ! Good to hear from you.

Yes, I've been meaning to come back to see how some folks are doing. Life has been treating me well. I certainly have no room to complain (although work kind of bites right now ). But alas, that's not what's most important.

My M has never been stronger. Over the last couple of years, my W has really done some soul-searching and has become the loving individual I've always wanted as a partner. Don't get me wrong, she was loving before, but now she has really "softened." I've mentioned this in previous posts. It has been difficult for her, as she has been digging through lots of her junk, but she has truly come to the party...although this was truly a gradual process over about 12-18 months. ...And she continues to dig...

I'm perpetually reminded how magnificent the Universe is in showing us "the way" or showing us how one event is tied to another, which is tied to another, and so on (kind of like Michele's "Butterfly Effect" scenario). I have seen this time and time again...especially now that I try and pay more attention to it.

I have come to realize that our Ses are distracting themselves from their inner turmoil, their pain, fighting the internal demons that are clamoring to get out. They can fight and they can fight, but the more they resist, the more out of control things can become. The Universe consistently provides them opportunities to examine these demons, but most just shove them down out of fear. Thus, they can take a long time to resolve, or maybe never resolve. This is their path...a lesson from the Universe...one that they are likely doomed to repeat if not addressed.

I have also seen Michele's "Butterfly Effect" theory in action on numerous occasions. Most notably:
- Sharing her DR book with a friend helped to save his M.
- Through the examples my W and I are setting w/each other in having a loving R, my W's folks have seen this and have started to mend their R, which has been in trouble for a few years now.

Thus, my changes beget my W's changes, which beget my in-laws' changes, and so on. Heck, even my kids communicate better than they used to!

Amazing...

jethro

KAW Offline
Jethro, ole pal ... so good to hear from you!!!

... and I'm sooo glad to hear everything has fallen in place in your part of the universe.

Lets hope it continues to spread from there.

'til later,
KAW

Up for inspiration!

JJ

Read about Divorce Busting® Telephone Coaching here!

An open letter to Jetro.. I sent this to his old email, however it is no longer in use.

Hello Jethro,

I was just going through some old post to "refresh" and mark some mile stones from where I have been. I came across some of your old post! I hope all is still going well with you my friend.

As for me, life is good. I have a new wife and we are doing well.
Although I did catch myself slipping in to an old pattern after getting a flat tire tonight. I thought I would refresh. I do not think it hurts to do at times... It is amazing to see where we were in one point of our lives, its "cereal" if you will... The hurts seem like a life time ago and happend to someone else...

Well the easy parts are over, the hard part is applying what we have
learned daily and controling the %100 of the %50 relationship we own... This time I think I am a better steward of the precious gift God gave me.

Thanks again for your words of encouragement and here's to a the
tommorow that we never thought would come today.

I Better go, my wife is going to bed, and if I am not there to hold
her, she freezes (advantages to being fury!!!!)

Take care

WW "I no longer WILL WIN since I HAVE WON!!"
P
P
Bump!

Old thread

Older thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard