Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#2929133 01/28/22 11:58 PM
D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Last thread was getting long so thought I should start a new one…

Link to last thread: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2920227&page=10

Well…after two years of successfully avoiding Covid, I knew it was only a matter of time before it infiltrated my family. Sure enough…yesterday I got a urgent text from XH saying our daughter needed a Covid test and he was getting the runaround from public health. I had just arrived at work but ended up contacting public health myself, getting a rapid test, picking up my daughter and bringing her home and testing her there. Negative result. So thought things were okay but offered to keep her anyway just in case. Good thing I did because fast forward to this morning and I get a text from her at around 10:30 that she is feeling nauseous and doesn’t want to leave her room. No one else was home so I called her just in time to hear her vomiting into her garbage can. Told her I was on may way and found her in her room hugging her garbage can and looking pretty ill. Got out my trusty thermometer and found out she had a fever so decided to test her again. Sure enough. This time she was positive.

The good news is that now I don’t have to worry about cancelling our trip due to a last minute positive test. Given all of her athletic activities, she was the person most at risk for catching Covid so in a way, it is a relief. Now I just have to get her a positive molecular test in order to ensure she can travel at the end of the month. Going to periodically test her brother too but he does not have near as many close contacts as she does.

Anyway…I am going to test myself on Sunday before my date with VP just in case. He has an elderly father in a care home he visits regularly so wouldn’t want to expose him to anything unnecessarily.

Have a great weekend all!!! (((HUGS)))

G
G
Awww! I hope she feels better. It’s like a crappy flu in kids.

Antibodies will be strong and you will have a great trip!

K
kml Offline
K
This Sunday? No, you absolutely should postpone your date. The rapid tests are only 80 % sensitive at best and you should be quarantining anyway.

E
E
Ugh. So sorry your daughter is sick with covid. I agree with Kml, better to quarantine and postpone the date. I’ve been reading that the tests are only so accurate and the day you test within the exposure window can also lead to false negatives.

For me, if I am not aware of exposure and I’m seeing someone at higher risk (or with someone close to them at higher risk) I test day of. But once exposed, I at least wait for a five+ day period before seeing anyone. Regardless of my test result. But that’s just me.

With this sneaky new variant its trickier. I’m so over covid though. I think we all are!

Fingers crossed your daughter feels better soon and you or your son do not get sick… 😊

Me 52, H 56
T10 M7, 2nd MR for both
2 Step Sons (19 and 21)
BD: Fall 2020
D finalized: July 2022
XH Married AP soon after D day.

D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks everyone. I’m not too worried about my date (he knows about my D having Covid) for a couple of reasons.

1. We are meeting at a park to go for a walk outside and I can wear a mask and keep a safe distance. TBH, I actually like wearing a mask outside. It’s pretty cold here lately and it keeps my face warm. smile

2. My daughter has been at her dad’s since last Friday and I only picked her up yesterday. When I did, I knew she was sick so we were both wearing masks and she went straight up to her room where she has pretty much remained. I’ve been bringing her food and drinks and wearing a mask whenever I’ve been near her. I have also been washing my hands and sanitizing surfaces regularly.

So…while I know there is always a risk, my exposure has been pretty minimal. But if I feel at all sick or anyone else in my family does, I will call it off for sure.

Also… Public health guidelines in my community for fully vaccinated people who have been exposed to someone with Covid is to monitor for symptoms and self isolate if feeling unwell. Otherwise we are expected to follow the guidelines when out in public and carry on as usual. I work for the government and my manager fully expects me to show up for work unless I have symptoms myself.

Anyway….we’ll see how things go tomorrow and Sunday. I will make sure I contact VP beforehand to give him an update and another opportunity to cancel on his end if he is feeling at all concerned.

D
D
I very much agree with you and you’re revised guidelines. You are obligated if anything to let VP know. Then it’s up to him. He’s probably come in contact with dozens of people in your exact position whether he knows he has or not. It’s not your job to make decisions for him. It’s your job to give him the info and allow him to decide for himself. Why is everyone wanting to run everyone else’s life and make decisions for them? I don't get it. He’s no more at risk seeing you than going to work. You’re doing what you feel is best for you and placing some semblance of balance in your life. How in the H did we get to a place where we quarantine the well? Let him know, let him decide and if he’s fine with it, go and have fun!

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Today was interesting…

I went and got my hair done. My stylist is the mom of a friend of my daughter’s. I told her about D having Covid and asked her if she wanted to reschedule. She said “no” as we all wear masks I don’t have symptoms. I brought an N95 mask so pretty sure we were safe. Anyway…not what was interesting.

So she was doing my hair and we were catching up on all of the interesting gossip. Got around to the subject of my dating adventures (she’s married so living vicariously…lol). I told her I had just met a really nice guy, VP, who had asked me out on a second date and that he was in upper management of a local grocer store chain. I said he had a couple of kids who lived mostly with his ex wife who lived a couple blocks away. So all of a sudden, the woman sitting next to me says, “I don’t mean to eavesdrop on your conversation but I guess that I am…lol. Anyway, I know the guy you are talking about. I haven’t seen him in about ten years but I dated his ex’s brother for years.” She then went on to tell me that VP is an “awesome guy”. He’s a fantastic dad and would drop anything just to spend time with his kids. Anyway…got the seal of approval from a perfect stranger…lol. That doesn’t happen every day. Considering I live in a town of almost 100,000 people, it was a pretty bizarre coincidence that the woman seated next to me knew him…lol.

Speaking of him… he texted me tonight that the weather is going to be pretty bad tomorrow and did I have anything else I might like to do. So… assuming I still test negative tomorrow, we’ve decided to play some pool. I told him not to worry, that I would bring my B game. He said I should bring my Z game…lol. I also told him about the woman at the hair salon. He knew who she was. Says she was with his BIL for a long time (7 years) and that he thought they would get married but she apparently dumped him right after graduating from nursing school. He also said he paid her $50 to say that…lol.

Anyway…stay tuned. Haven’t been on a second date for awhile. Kinda nervous. smile

K
kml Offline
K
Well that’s a pretty great sign, isn’t it?

D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I thought it was KML…lol. Tested the family this morning. Everyone negative and symptom free. Texted VP to let him know and he’s still into meeting so I’ll be leaving in about 15 minutes to meet him. Texted with XH this morning. Apparently everyone in his house is showing symptoms except for him. So far pretty mild but they are only a few days post-exposure so that could change. The good news is that both OW and G’ma have had three shots. Hopefully that will prevent them from getting too ill. XH tells me that things are grim with OW health wise without Covid so it is pretty scary, I think. Of course, I never know how much to believe when he tells me things like that. He has made a career out of lying to me so can’t be sure he isn’t still doing it. Regardless, I told him I would keep both kids until his house is free of Covid symptoms. Anyway…gotta run. Wish me luck!! Haven’t felt this nervous before. I think it is because this is the first person I’ve gone out with a second time that I could actually see working out (if all is as it appears). That’s kind scary, TBH. Will check in later and let everyone know how it went. laugh

K
kml Offline
K
Well? How was he date??? Inquiring minds want to know.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard