K
kml Offline
K
Agreed!

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Had a nice brunch today with my son and a visit with "the girls". I had been worried about one of them - she had seemed listless my last visit but she was fine this time. Neither her nor her sister really seemed interested in visiting "grandpa" but I've not been a regular part of their lives for over a year now. I reminded my son that he should be making their annual checkup vet appointment shortly and that it would probably cost about $200. He wasn't sure he could easily put his hand on their vet records but he was fine with the expected cost. I told him that if he can't put his hand on the records to not worry that I had a digital copy if he needed it. He'll be switching the girls to the vet around the corner from his apartment.

We were supposed to meet on a patio in the town close to here (same one as his mother lives in) but as I pulled up he called very upset and apologetic. He'd slept in. I told him to not worry and that I would drive to his town rather than him having to rush. He does get pretty wound up at times. He gets hyper stressed sometimes - must come from his mother's side of the family.

It turns out that he had slept in because he was dog-sitting from 11:00 am until 1:00 am which certainly wasn't a secret because I'd waved to him when I saw him out. No further information was forthcoming and none asked for.

I will confess that I do still hope for some sort of bigger karma to head towards my ex and OM - hence looking at the obits. I did learn that a neighbour who I'd not seen around for a while recently passed which made me sad. In other times I would have gone to the visitation but the funeral has been and gone. One of the things I miss with the lockdowns - odd as it may sound - is going to these sort of events. A way to show support for friends and neighbours. It was always an effort to get my ex to go but that's no longer an issue. I like catching up with people, sharing stories about mutual acquaintances and the "dearly departed". Like it is written in one of my favourite songs "When I die, let them judge me by my company of friends"

We're supposed to continue to re-open up here and we agreed that we will resume our every 2 week brunch schedule. We were both disappointed that our favourite brunch place has been turned into yet another cannabis store. They just seem to be everywhere now. These lockdowns have been tough on a lot of small businesses especially restaurants.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
L
L
Andy that’s so hefty karma wishing isn’t it? Have you thought about your karma for wishing death as karma for what OM did to you?

G
G
That’s some pretty serious karma you are hoping for there

B
B
karma will take care of itself; you do not need to wish it. that can only harm you, as LH and Super G have pointed out. live your best life. forget those who have moved on from you. yes, I realize I'm telling you the same things I tell myself.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
uurrff - I'm so exhausted - both physically and mentally. I've not even done the dishes for 2 days which for anyone who knows me is certainly an indicator of where I am.

I could write a novel about why I'm so exhausted, but I really don't have the energy.

---

On a more positive note, I stopped off yesterday to pick up a 6-pack and the young lady who had been excited to see me was again very excited. She remembered my name this time and shouted "hello" to me from across the store. The bow tie does make me memorable I suppose. I am surprised that she remembered my name because it's been nearly 2 years since I would stop in to her store on Fridays on my way home and we'd chat. I think I've seen her maybe twice since then counting the time a week or so ago when she didn't remember my name. She never asked then so must have dug it up from her memories. On the other hand I certainly remembered her name and I'm usually horrible with names.

She mentioned how she had just had a relaxing evening the night before when her son was at his Dad's place. She is also a Disney fan.

I'm pretty sure she's at least 25 years younger than me and so not appropriate to date but it is flattering that an attractive young woman seems excited to see me. I will admit that part of my mind toys with the "what if" and suggesting coffee after her shift. But no.

---

Going to be a busy weekend. I have a big stack of work to try to get through from my old corporate responsibilities plus the usual weekend work I do for the plant. I need to get my kitchen back into shape and do more than the basics on the washrooms. Being back to the plant full time also means that ironing is back on the agenda. It's supposed to be a bit rainy this weekend at least on Saturday so that's a good time to be inside. I do have some tomatoes and peppers that are now ripe in my garden so need to think about how I'll use them. I'm thinking some sort of egg and potato casserole. I also found a new recipe for peanut butter cookies that looks decent and that suggests that the dough can be frozen so I may try that too.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Grinding through the weekend. I put in about 5 hours in the office yesterday and hope to get pretty much everything knocked off with 4 or 5 more today.

Had an interesting to me situation on Friday at the plant. The operations manager - who I regularly have conflict with - generally isn't well respected by the guys in the plant. He is more than a bit of a jerk - some of which I feel is related to some insecurity. He's not a chemist nor an engineer but has those reporting to him and feels he needs to be an authority figure around them. Our joint boss - who is a massive micromanager who intuitively understands the plant, customers and processes (not quite so good with people), can be a challenge to work for.

We were offloading a truck into a tank - I knew that they had arrived early and there were concerns on if the tank would hold the load. I happened to be in the control room when the alarms started to sound about the tank being full - and one of the engineers literally ran out the door to hit the shut-off valve. It should have been caught earlier - but that's why we have safeties. Later I saw an email from the boss asking about the offloading and why we took so much into the tank (doesn't miss anything). The operations manager responded that he had instructed the guys to stop offloading at that point. crazy Where I know for a fact that he was nowhere around.

---

Definitely grinding. Unusually for me, I skipped breakfast yesterday - I have a hot breakfast every day normally - and didn't miss it. Lunch was a scone. Even though I wasn't hungry I did BBQ up a small steak for my dinner. Wasn't able to get my roses yesterday either - the shop was unexpectedly closed. I think the owner is going through some sort of rough time lately.

I'm 90% sure that "P" from around the corner is interested. I stopped in to her shop to pick up some more bath bombs as I was out and was planning on a soak in the tub to end my day. She made a joke about my "blue balls" and an "oh did I say that out loud?". On a "good for Andrew" note, I wasn't feeling the attraction on my side.

It does look like I'll need to re-invest in my wardrobe. I bought some very good Egyptian cotton shirts about 7 years ago and yesterday while doing my ironing one tore. I've reached out to my tailor to see if they still have my measurements. The shirts come from India so there's a 6 week lead time on them. Certainly goes to prove that if you buy quality it lasts.

Stayed in bed until about 9:00 this morning. Yesterday I had to get up early because of an issue at the plant. I still checked for messages at about 6:00 though - everything seemed fine. Made the effort to make a hot breakfast today. Going to do a light chicken dish for dinner today and I want to make the effort to do up a batch of peanut butter cookies from my new recipe. I need to get outside and get my grass cut today too. The hot and damp weather have really made it pop up.

Well - I've allowed myself to be distracted long enough. Got to get Monday's loads sorted out and do the pre-work for some later in the week. I have some tasks to do for corporate as well. Blurgh. Might split them up to get outside for at least a while.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
K
kml Offline
K
Wasn’t P the crazy one???

B
B
yeah isn't she the one everyone has issues with?

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by kml
Wasn’t P the crazy one???
Originally Posted by bttrfly
yeah isn't she the one everyone has issues with?
Yep. She also sells the bath bombs made by a local supplier that work really well.

Woke up this morning to being spammed on my IG account. Some seemingly random woman from the US liked and commented on posts going back over a year and then messaged me her cell phone number and invited me to chat. Unlike most times that seemingly random women are reaching out to me, this one doesn't have a half-naked profile picture and actually seems like a real person. Regardless - I'm not going to respond.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard