Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
K
kml Offline
K
Yes you’re smart to keep the divorce on hold I think, until this passes and his income returns to normal. Discuss with your attorney.

I have a best friend that I got closer to during my divorce. I made a bunch of new friends after my divorce through the Adult Rock Band classes that I took as I was learning to play the drums. I didn’t really miss most of the friends I left behind in my old town - I came to realize that they were mostly my ex’s friends, that he was only willing to hang out with the people he liked and was a snob so many of the people whose company I preferred never really made it into our couples socializing. The new friends I’ve made are much more genuine and less pretentious.

Amazing how an Aspie can thrive in a positive environment. Don’t be in any rush to date - you need to find yourself first anyway.

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
If they cut his dividends he might pay me less peanuts than he already is. I'm not sure if I'm completely delusional of I've developed some faith but I think I'll be okay. I've cut most everything off, am prepared to live on rice/beans for months, I've got some money put aside. I'm pretty calm actually and I'm not even taking the anti anxiety meds. Oh how far I've come in a year. smile

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Correction I do take the anti anxiety meds just not everyday. I take .5mg a few days a week but mostly I'm working to learn to self soothe. Almost took one last night and D17 said to me "I think you just need to sit down". True.

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Rough afternoon. Rough night. D the gift that keeps on giving. Oh and there’s a pandemic ugh

H has a friend he’s had for 30 years. We’ve sadly watched as tragedy struck him again and again. He’s addicted to prescription pills, has lots of accidents, drinks gallons of soda a day, etc. He wants to die. I get it. He’s gone downhill a lot in the past few years. He’s severely bloated, lost all his hair, sickly looking.

H came to mow the lawn today and D17 spied on him. Said H looked awful. Aged 5 years at least. For reference D17 and I last saw H in July and he looked great. D17 says he looks like his friend now, sickly, is totally gray headed (no gray in July). Said he was wearing these awful jeans and I said well he is doing yard work she said no not like before she thinks he’s wearing his friends hand me downs.

H is fine he’s just under a lot of financial stress and has damaged his relationship with the kids. He saw this going differently in his head....I know because he told me and the kids.

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Got a text this morning from D14 “dad said tell you the dollar store has cleaners”. Last week it was “sams has meat”. Ummm...thanks??

We.Don’t.Speak. Ever. 8 months now. Unless I ask for help or it’s a dire emergency GO AWAY. I’m hurting and in pain please please please leave me alone. Let me heal. 30 years is a long time and I still love you.

Sending this out into the universe...

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I assumed he was right there so I responded “S19 (germaphobe) will be happy to hear that”. D14 texted back the name of the cleaner. Stop it. I didn’t respond and I’m a 1,0000% sure she knows why.

The stores here have restocked. Cleaners are gone yes but if you look hard enough you can get some bleach and make your own. I’d call everyone on my contact list including judges before I called H for anything.

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
D17 wants to paint her room. It’s a rental and my financial situation is precarious so I said no. She says I’m reading the news too much and I’m annoying her. We’re only 2 weeks into the pandemic and ugh it’s hard to keep my spirits up.

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
She apologized and gave me a big hug. Cooked dinner, baked a pie and now watching a funny sitcom. Feeling better now. My kids are so wonderful

K
kml Offline
K
Awww, that’s a good kid!

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I apologized to her for being a negative nancy and promised to limit reading the news to 30 minutes a day. I'm doing all that I can so worrying isn't helpful.

It's hard to stay positive when the world is in chaos.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard