Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
LillyL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I do feel good about the boundaries.

I thinking that our divorce is going to go through soon.

You are right. I’m not used to setting boundaries because I was too concerned about what H would be feeling.

Or worse. I’d set a boundary , he’d cross the line and somehow project his actions back to me and I believed him. He’s very manipulative.

D
D
I don't think you messed up.

That FB thing - I'm not sure how deactivating an account makes you look single. That would be a strange consequence of simply going 'quiet' on FB for a while. So I'm not convinced by that.

You were pleasant and not aggressive on the phone; that is a positive thing for you. Don't worry too much about how he views that, though I understand it's really hard to not over-analyse everything they say/type to you. Jsut distract yourself with something.

Me - 36, W - 32
No kids
T - 8 yr, M - 3 yr
Discovery - 14 May 2019
S - 25 May 2019 & D bomb - 29 July 2019
D & House sale final - Feb 2020
U
U
Lilly -

Boundaries are hard. You get these reactions that make you feel guilty and manipulated. It's so hard. It sounds easy writing it down here, but it's really really really hard.

I hope you understand your feelings are extremely common and normal.

L
LillyL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank you!

It really is very uncomfortable, especially because it's new for me. I did have my IC today and it was torture to start with a new person --2 hours of her listening to the history. -___-

She did say that she thought my H was manipulative and that without meeting him she thinks that he is done with the marriage....

It was a little discouraging, but I know that if/when things turn around, I won't be taking back the same person he is now. We will both have grown a lot! For now I'm just going to focus on me.

L
LillyL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank you!

I think the FB status reason was a lie. I am not surprised that he lied. It’s not the first time...

I am going to try to press forward with focusing on me. It’s easier that way. Otherwise I do over analyze everything.

U
U
Lilly,

I wanted to respond earlier, but not only was the FB status change a lie, it was a completely ridiculous lie.

It's his way of being conflict avoidant. Say a little white lie, then go on with your day acting like nobody's feelings are hurt. It's his way of not feeling bad about the fact he changed his status. Immature.

L
LillyL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Yeah. He’s being very immature.

I’m really a fan of owning your sh!+... he’s not doing that. I know he doesn’t like conflict because he grew up in an abusive situation, but what he does is just as bad.

We just got news today that our S has a syndrome. It explains why he’s had issues with other symptoms over his life. I told H the update and he said he was happy.

I told him I was glad he was happy...

Then he wrote something else back saying that he’s glad he can get the proper care. I didn’t respond.

L
LillyL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Journaling...

Every day that goes by I think detachment seems easier.

I definitely feel stronger and my GAL has been working. I have lost a few pounds and I'm feeling stronger for sure.

I am becoming a better mother as well.

I did get an appt with my L to respond to the no fault D. He's going to have the case moved to my county so I wouldn't have to drive 3 hours to go to court if needed.

I'm really annoyed that I'm already $1K into this and that H's lack of communication wasted both of us time and money. It's BS, but since he lied about the FB status thing, I really don't trust him to do the right thing. He only looks out for #1....

Since he's not honest, the only way to go forward to protect me and the kids is to deal with this through Lawyers...

Happy Friday!

Last edited by LillyL; 08/23/19 02:17 PM.
A
A
Lilly, I completely agree with you, and great job handling things! You are shaping up to be a force to be reckoned with smile

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
L
LillyL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Journaling...

I had a good weekend with the kiddos. School starts tomorrow! I’m really thankful for a more strict routine.

I feel less depressed everyday. I did exercise this weekend and felt strong after. It was interesting because I left my wallet at work so we had to get a little creative. It was still fun and we had a box of food delivered for us to cook, so that worked out.

Kids did talk to H today for a bit. He and I were texting back and forth a little about school starting tomorrow. I sent him a pic of both kids outfit and told him they were in bed. He said they were nice and then hit me with -when are we going to discuss the settlement, you’ve been putting it off.

I handled it well. I told him I was sorry that it wasn’t the case but priorities have shifted due to our sons medical needs right now. I also told him I didn’t like to discuss matters before bed because my sleep is terrible to begin with and told him thanks for understanding.

OMG! His list of responsibilities it 2 lines long, mine is like 100 ....

I also sent him that paperwork in April and I’m the one putting it off. -____-

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard