Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays my DB friends. I am super thankful for this board over the past 2.5 years. Let's make 2018 great!

S
SH_ Offline
S
How’s it going pinn?

I appreciate when one from back when I wandered these streets shows up at my DB pad.
I thank you for the kind words and following up on a fellow DB’er that has come through the thick of it and standing tall.

I pray your 2018 is off to a great start and that you are doing well.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
SH_ #2778832 02/15/18 11:38 PM
P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hey thanks SH!

Yes! 2018 is starting of A-OK so far. Been a whirl wind actually!! Trying to check off some of those goals... I'm getting there! I think I need to pick it back up a bit though...I've been slacking.

I last saw EX (that is weird to type after typing WW for so long!) on x-mas for a few minutes. Our contact is few and far between now. I never have the urge to contact her. She contacted me about taxes since this is the first time we would be filing seperatly. Somehow she ended up owing close to $2k. whoops! I guess that was because I was taking most of the tax burden when we were married. I'm not sure.

I hardly think of her. The only time I find myself drifting back is when I am throwing myself a mini pity party. Obviously things ended poorly but I think there was a lot of good in our relationship too. I still think we could have had something great if she didn't go to loony town every few years... we had a lot of the same interests. But I know this is a cycle that will not end so I have let it go. It is freeing actually!! She dominated my life for 20 years! Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and be a fly on the wall in her brain... just to see how she was processing things.

The odd thing is I have no desire to date... zero. Is that normal? I mean it has been 2.5 years! I poke around the dating websites and it seems like 95% of the woman are the same. Living in a tiny town isn't helping there. My personality is pretty laid back and chill. So I am not sure if that would be considered a negative early on in dating??? hmph! Maybe I need to find a mid 30's dating advice forum.. HA!

Felon pops up every now and again to bother me. I don't know what the deal is with that guy. I literally don't care one bit about him. Might just have to bite the bullet and have a chat with him next time.

V
V
Hey Pinn,

I found your comment about no desire to date interesting as it is also happening to me. And the funny thing is that I actually get a LOT of female attention now that I am in "no desperation" mode. I LOVE being single, in fact I love it so much, I wonder will I ever desire a longterm relationship again. I suspect I will, once I meet the right person.

I focus on my kids, I focus on my photography, I focus on my job and on my sports and travels. And that's plenty for keeping me busy. I also have 0 desire to interact with my EX, I mean I have no problem interacting when it comes to the kids, but other from that 0. And I am fine with it. We coparent amicably and I will be forever grateful for that, esp. when I read on these boards how bat$hit crazy some exes can be.

Nice to hear from you buddy. Stay strong!

V

P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hey ya Vap! Yea it is a weird place to be in. I too get some attention, but I never act on it. I just don’t feel like it. I am sure the girls get tired of my act. Maybe next time someone suggests meeting up, I’ll just go and give it a try. Besides that though, I am more than happy where I am at.

I do have a bit of an issue but though. My life’s dream is to have a happy family. Money, power, lots of friends etc is all secondary...I know that for sure now after all of this. So I have to start building that somewhere. Of course my fears are that I end up a miserable old man myself or end up in a terrible life long marriage like my parents. I don’t worry about these things, I just let life flow but those are my dreams and fears.

Anyway, we will see how it all plays. 2018 has already been interesting for me and I’m looking forward to the rest of it!

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard