Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
K
KevinIn Offline OP
OP Offline
K
12 hours until mediation. Possibly the worst meeting I've ever had scheduled.
Still cant believe this is happening.

M:39 W:36 - D1:2 D2:6
11/19/16 BD1: ILYBNILWY, EA/PA
Dec/Jan: MC, pursuing, not DBing
1/11/17 BD2: W wants 1 month break
2/1/17: Divorce Remedy. Start DBing
2/17/17 BD3: W - separation to start D process
D
D
Quote:
12 hours until mediation. Possibly the worst meeting I've ever had scheduled.
Still cant believe this is happening

Four hours until the final paper is signed in front of the judge and this marriage is done, signed, and sealed.

Its all so surreal.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
K
KevinIn Offline OP
OP Offline
K
March 16 is a sh!tty day for both of us.

We need to find GAL things to do tonight.

D
D
Quote:
March 16 is a sh!tty day for both of us.

We need to find GAL things to do tonight.

Truth, brotherman. If I didn't have to work tomorrow and have the kids, I'd be out...not sure if I'd call it celebrating other than maybe getting drunk. Or maybe just asking a certain young lady who has been offering help during my time of crises...

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
K
KevinIn Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well, the first mediation session wasnt fun. But, it went as well as it probably could have. For for most part, we agreed on everything and were able to calmly talk through remaining items. I got 2 things that were important to me that i thought she'd not agree too, so that was good. No drama. The mediator even said how well we communicated during the process.

However, today was just custody related items. Next session includes money and assets.

Wife had her wall up the whole time and wouldnt look at me. I kept my sh!t together and only had 1 or 2 questionable comments to her that were not needed. We even laughed a little after about one of our kids.

K
KevinIn Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Now that i've had time to think, one item stood out as perplexing - the wife supported the idea that no romantic partners can meet our kids until 6 months after a final divorce.

Since I know the OM is still in the picture, I'm not sure what she's thinking. In reality, i shouldn't care what she's thinking. I was just a little perplexed.

C
C
Originally Posted By: KevinIn
Now that i've had time to think, one item stood out as perplexing - the wife supported the idea that no romantic partners can meet our kids until 6 months after a final divorce.

Since I know the OM is still in the picture, I'm not sure what she's thinking. In reality, i shouldn't care what she's thinking. I was just a little perplexed.

She is probably thinking that you will immediately go out and have a girlfriend. I say the 6 month thing is a good deal. Some say wait till the kids are gone to date, or date and never introduce them to you kiddos.

M 21 years
XW 43yo, me 41 yo
S13
BD March 2016 - she asked me to patient...
End of June - I started the D process.
D final 2/23/17
"He who forgets will be destined to remember"
Eddie Vedder
D
D
Quote:
6 months after a final divorce.

Damn, you gave in on that one, eh?

Mine is much, much longer with a lot of stipulations put in. As in not until marriage. Much of it is due to her past actions.

I know exactly what she is thinking - that the OM will be part of their lives. I'd reconsider this...just sayin.

K
KevinIn Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
Quote:
6 months after a final divorce.

Damn, you gave in on that one, eh

At 6 months after a D, I'll probably be wanting to move on and introduce new people to my kids.

And if her A lasts that long, then i dont think ill care anymore.

D
D
I'd be very, very careful about introducing people to your children, as you will see it can two ways...either a huge resentment will be thrown in your face, or they will become attached which leads to more heartbreak over a breakup. I don't recall who said it over on the divorced thread, but there was a huge discussion about that same thing. For me, I won't introduce anyone to them for years, maybe never unless I remarry.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard