Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Originally Posted By: Jeep74

Quote:
Ugh. Daggers in the heart. How do you guys find peace when things feel so, so bleak? I don't know how spiritual you guys are, but when I pray and meditate, it's pretty much immediately better. Don't get me wrong, these soul crushing moments come fast and furious, but then...they're done. Is that your experience?

Its the most difficult thing there is - and makes the death of the marriage look like a walk in the park. Prayer does help. But what helps the most are the kids themselves. Their hugs, telling me that they love me, etc. I never show them what it does to me - they have enough on their plate. I know, kids need to know that its ok to show feelings and all, but some things are better left kept in check.

Yes, you need to be strong for them. They don't need the extra burden. And they'll look back remembering and appreciating your strength and dignity.

D
D
Quote:
Yes, you need to be strong for them. They don't need the extra burden. And they'll look back remembering and appreciating your strength and dignity.

I hope so.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
F
ForGump Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Last night for the first time, at home, I found myself thinking, "I don't want to be here anymore."

It's partly fatigue, partly my own DB, partly my W's efforts to detach from me (her emotional disconnection from me), her MLC behaviors that I disrespect, and partly that I've looked at some places to move to and that gives me some forward-looking hope.

I still feel schizophrenic in that what I wish for myself is vastly different than what I wish for my kids. They don't yet know and I think I'd give my life to spare them the pain.

Me: 50, MLC/WW 45
Young kids
Nov 2015: BD1
Apr 2016: BD2
Jan 2017: W filed
Feb 2017: D final
D
D
Originally Posted By: ForGump
Last night for the first time, at home, I found myself thinking, "I don't want to be here anymore."

It's partly fatigue, partly my own DB, partly my W's efforts to detach from me (her emotional disconnection from me), her MLC behaviors that I disrespect, and partly that I've looked at some places to move to and that gives me some forward-looking hope.

I still feel schizophrenic in that what I wish for myself is vastly different than what I wish for my kids. They don't yet know and I think I'd give my life to spare them the pain.

I've thought that many, many times. Yet, I still find myself caught in her whirlpool.

I'm right there with you. I'd do anything to spare them.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
Originally Posted By: ForGump
I've looked at some places to move to and that gives me some forward-looking hope.

YES TO THIS. You'll do other things that will move your life forward and bring you this feeling of hope, I'm sure.

C
C
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
...But what helps the most are the kids themselves. Their hugs, telling me that they love me, etc.

THIS^^

I am lucky enough to still be able to see my kids every day. My W and I both have designated nights out that we've agreed upon, but even on my nights out I make it a priority to get home before they go to bed. To joke around with them, sing songs to my daughter, and read with my son.

There are days when I have them by myself that my mind is preoccupied with my marriage problems. But I try my best to put those things aside and just enjoy being with them.

My heart goes out to the folks on this board who are dealing with a physical separation. Regardless of whether you're separated from your kids or your spouse is, it's a horrible situation to be in for everyone.

M46 W48
M11 T14
S11 D8
BD: 2016/05/27
In-home separation: 2016/11/23
Nesting: 2017/06/11
W moves out: 2018/01/07
W goes public with OM: 2018/07/12
I ask for a divorce: 2018/12/14
C
C
Originally Posted By: 100383

YES TO THIS. You'll do other things that will move your life forward and bring you this feeling of hope, I'm sure.

Your request was granted.
Notify again if you want it back.

Me-70, D37,S36
Thanks, Cadet.

F
ForGump Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Huh? Did you have a post deleted? (Probably too much personal info?)

Anyway -- dream house fell through. But that's OK. Gonna roll with it.

Me: 50, MLC/WW 45
Young kids
Nov 2015: BD1
Apr 2016: BD2
Jan 2017: W filed
Feb 2017: D final
M
M
I'm so sad gutted for us all going thru this,its the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with in my life,I think why us what have we done to deserve this torture,all we can do is help each other,and try and look after our selves,hope fully with gods help we will be happy again,l look forward to that its one of my goals

Me 56 w52
M30 years
4x adult kids
W dad died/11
W wanted d 03/12
In-house sep 03/12
D 2014 I pushed
W Left on 02/16 I pushed
Pa on 07/16
Nc after 07/16
W Cakeating 15to16
Me doormat 12to16