Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
D
DDJ Offline OP
OP Offline
D
So my WW is still very clearly in the fog, but that's her problem now isn't it. The divorce is looming and the OP is still very hands-off. Things are looking good. Not at all.

All this wandering is clearly in her head, nothing else, she feels that this is acceptable behaviour. It's insane.

Anyhows, i'm detaching more, we're making our own meals, i'm not initiating convo, no physical contact given from my side, and she's leaning in so much, it's sad to see her so desperate, but let me revel in it for the next few months.

I can see how every time i go "soft" (as a test) it pushes her away from me. Each time i pull away, she comes towards me. How is the human psyche built like this? Is there a proper psychological understanding of this "condition" documented anywhere?

Just cos things are going right, doesn't mean that they were always wrong.
D
DDJ Offline OP
OP Offline
D

N
N
My wife is in the early honeymoon stages of the fog. I am the monster, the bad guy, the one standing in the way of her imaginary true love.

Unfortunately i have yet to detach well. I am going to have to take a page out of your book.

Me31 W31 M11yrs S6yrs
23Mar16-BD
9Apr16-W admitted EA w boss.
27Jun16-W Changed job and promised NC w OM.
14Jul16-Continued contact w OM.Start of Separation.
24May17-Divorced.
S
S
Have you read Divorce Remedy or Divorce Busting?

Have you read the homework Cadet gave you?

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
P
P
Since I saw you wrote about you W leaving your child unattended and passing out drunk, and that she wants weekday custody and weekends for you, I wonder if you've spoken to a lawyer?

M 16 yrs, WH62, P54
3 adult blended kids
EA 11/13, BD1 6/14
PA fall 14, BD2 2/15
Piecing 2015, BD3 12/15
Separated 4/16
WH moved OW in 5/16
Divorced 6/15/17
D
DDJ Offline OP
OP Offline
D
@sandi2, I have read all of cadet's homework. I am on this site every second when i'm at work. Luckily there is nothing else for me to do, so am schooling myself.

I am yet to commit to buying a book, but know that I have to. Its not available as an ebook tho, so what would i tell the wife when i start reading such a book? I don't normally read.

@Painter, she has always been drinking as a way to deal with her problems, and I have always allowed it. I cannot allow it anymore, and she's been more sober over the last month than any that i can remember. So no, I have not spoken to a lawyer, as she can control her liquor intake, but shes never been given a proper boundary. I did threaten to leave her 1 year into our R if she did not get some control, this lasted a month and then i just let it happen. I cannot let it happen anymore, not in my house.

D
DDJ Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Ok, the books are both avail in South Africa, should i buy one (which one first) or both?

S
S
Divorce Remedy is the more recent?

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
D
DDJ Offline OP
OP Offline
D
she might also pick up on the forum and might try to find my posts...

D
DDJ Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Bought divorce remedy, deliver by 23 May the latest - AAAARGH!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard