Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
B
B
Judy I'm so glad to hear you sounding strong and confident. You will survive. We all will by God's grace. Divorce is hard. Two people who had become one are ripped apart. It leave a gaping wound but it will heal. Prayers for you.

Me53
H48
M 13
No children together
BDMay '15
PA June '15
H moves out,files 8/15 wants "quick divorce" but does nothing
Me sending proposal 12/15, court dates upcoming
A
Ancaire Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Ugh. What a brutal week. It's over now.

H and I went back and forth all week long, negotiating the terms of our D. We finally came to an agreement today. I held my ground like a bulldog. Everytime he attempted to buffalo me, intimidate me, trick me, or throw a tantrum - I just stuck to my rights, what I know them to be, and how I wouldn't settle for less.

I was given ultimatums. I said "Go ahead." I was threatened, and just asked what H thought the kids would think of that. I lost my temper just once, but not nearly as badly as I've done in the past. All in all, even though it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, I held my own and got what I needed to help me survive.

H is a burning ball of resentment and fury. Too bad. I'm exhausted, but feeling quietly pleased with myself. I'll be D before I know it. That, I'm not happy about. It is what it is - the only way to keep H from harming me. I got out of his way, so he could go "be happy". L should be drafting an agreement Monday. I'm kind of in shock. LOL

On a happier note, do any of you visit MWD's Divorce Busting Facebook page? She wrote a post about writing a book on infidelity, and I commented: " Infidelity is usually considered a sexual relationship. Yet, before someone I know actually entered into that type of relationship, there were others that were described as "just kissing" - I consider the other relationships to be just as bad. Am I wrong?"

Feel free to like the comment if you want a new FB friend.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Me: 48 H: 50 - Married 21 - 3-S: 29,19,19 2-D: 27,26
BD: 08/2015 - D filed & OW disc: 09/2015

"Surrender to What Is, Let Go of What Was, Have Faith in What Will Be." -S Ricotti
M
M
I'm sorry you have to get divorced , with that said I'm glad your done with the negotiations. Better days are coming Ancaire. Peace

“Character is destiny” Heraclitus
D
D
Anc, sorry that it has gotten to this. But, as long as you don't have court, the rest is as simple as hacking out a library book. It's crazy that it is easy. Just remember this is only the legal tax status part. You will be able to choose what you want from there. And, if your mind is like mine, it will change a few times. Eventually it will settle out though.

Keep up the pma, work on your health, and enjoy what you can!

3 boys
Not my circus, not my monkeys anymore....
V
V
This is more shift.

I am so pleased for you Anc.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

J
J
You did great in the mediation. Stay strong!

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
A
A
Ancaire, sending hugs and prayers your way! You are such a strong woman. I am glad you held your ground.

BD 2/15
separation 1/16
formerly Pho or Fo
S
S
You are strong and making the right moves. Keep it up smile

Me-38 W-38; T-15 M-12;
S10 and S6
BD - July 2016; EA confirmed; confronted Aug 2015
EA dissolved 12/2016

Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option - Maya Angelou
I
I
Hi Ancaire. I'm so sorry things have taken this turn in your situation. It sounds like you were strong and did the best you can do under the circumstances.

M-43 H-42
S-11 D-7
T-19 yrs
M-15 yrs
Bombshell 9/17/15
Sep - 11/9/15
J
J
(((Ancaire)))

Everything has moved so quickly for you. You have truly been on the most nightmarish of roller coasters.

As you know, I am not a very spiritual person, but I get this feeling that you are meant for something so much more. I truly believe that you have a lot in store for you. Your warmth, insight, and passion is apparent to all.

I know it's tough now but hang in there. The worst is over and soon you can shine!

Me: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
Physically Separated 7/2015
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard