Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mindsin Offline OP
OP Offline
M
2014, I went through my own WW ordeal...a lot of pain, confusion, desperation.

2015 was my year of rebuilding. In May, my divorce was finalized. I also started a new job. In June, our marital house was sold. I moved back in with my parents. Ex moved to another state.

In November, I started dating someone wonderful, and she makes me really happy. smile

Life is good, considering what 2014 brought. My relationship with my ex is actually good. We're even spending New Year's together and going to have dinner, just the two of us. We're going to make it a tradition.

Things with the kids are going well also. They are liking their new school. And we even have a vacation planned next April. They will be there, and so will mom and dad. We both agreed that it is important to continue to show that even though mom and dad are broken up, we're still a family -- just not a conventional one.

M: 15 years
BD: 6/25/14
EA/PA: starts 5/14/14
11/30/14 - A ends
5/15/15 - D is finalized.
11/28/15 - Start of new LTR with a wonderful woman (and still going strong)!
B
B
Originally Posted By: mindsin

In November, I started dating someone wonderful, and she makes me really happy. smile

Life is good, considering what 2014 brought. My relationship with my ex is actually good. We're even spending New Year's together and going to have dinner, just the two of us. We're going to make it a tradition.

Congrats on the rebuilding!

While I think a positive relationship and co-parenting is extremely important for your kids, it's confusing to me as to why you would spend New Year's together with your ex when you are dating someone wonderful who makes you happy? How does the GF feel about this tradition you are developing with the ex?

BA

K
kml Offline
K
Yeah, if I wss dating you and you told me you were going to see your ex-wife on the second most important date night of the year, I'd be pissed.

Was this your idea or ex's? If hers, are you sure she isn't trying to keep you on the hook as plan B ?

M
mindsin Offline OP
OP Offline
M
There is just one reason. She is away on vacation. If she wasn't, I'd most certainly be spending time with her.

That does bring up a good question though, and I think it comes down to keeping honest conversations going with her. If we're both up front about our relationships with our respective exes, I don't think there will be a problem.

11/30/14 - A ends
M
mindsin Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: kml
Yeah, if I wss dating you and you told me you were going to see your ex-wife on the second most important date night of the year, I'd be pissed.

Was this your idea or ex's? If hers, are you sure she isn't trying to keep you on the hook as plan B ?

This was the ex's idea. To answer your question, I would say that I doubt it. Oh, and she doesn't have a plan A currently.

11/30/14 - A ends

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard