Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
tl2, I could look into that. But have never really understood twitter though.

I'm looking at myself in the mirror and trying to figure out who I am, why I am who I am, and who I want to be.

I am not quite sure yet. I am treating me as someone I am starting to get reacquainted with after a long absence. I have seen how I can survive when I thought I couldn't.

I don't quite like how naive and emotional I can get. Passion has its uses but I must learn to manage it. Breathe and wait for things to happen. Stop the fight or flight response that I have had since childhood but have the courage to stay and make the changes that must be made.

And this is where I am hesitating. I know I cannot be so naive and trusting again but I know too that I can't go through life with a prickly armour. Have to find that balance somewhere.

I must learn that I am enough. For myself, for any other person that I may be with. I am not perfect. Not perfect is good enough. I am a work in progress. Work in progress is good enough. Even if I end up alone, I am enough.

This will be my mantra: I am enough.

And oh before I forget, retire the RBF and put on dolphin face more often.

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
T
tl2 Offline
T
Quote:
And this is where I am hesitating. I know I cannot be so naive and trusting again but I know too that I can't go through life with a prickly armour. Have to find that balance somewhere.

It is always a tricky balance, eh? If I ever even think about a new R with someone it's going to be a long, slow process. A lot of "trust, but verify"...and maybe even a little "verify, then trust" smile

Even despite my XW's lies, I had gotten to where I was willing to do what might work to build trust again. For me it actually took years...but that was because she had a long track record of lies. Of course we/I never got there, because she was never willing to do her part.

Will be a while before I think I will be able to trust someone new very much. A long while. But if I could get there with XW, I can probably get there with someone new someday...though that's so far off I can't see what that would look like.

In the meantime, I have work, kids, a couple hobbies and friends and family. Going to have to be enough for a while for me.

I'm sure you will get there.

G
G
Grl, I am looking up lash extensions. I am completely clueless with makeup.
Apparently about husbands too, lol.

J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
For me, it would be 'verify, verify, and then verify some more'!

So true, despite all that had happened, and the lies that were told to me all these years, I was willing to do what it would take to rebuild the trust and the M. Ah, but our XS just aren't there yet, are they?

I admire your courage, tl2, and I really hope that I will get there someday, and sooner rather than later, because darn it, I really want one or two more babies before the biological clock stops ticking. And because, being the studious person that I am, I really want to start putting into use all that I have learnt. Just seems such a pity to let all these new tools and knowledge go to waste. smile

J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Pho, go try extensions! It's a whole new world out there!

Hey, don't be so hard on yourself! You're not that clueless. You have lasted at least 25 years in the marriage with rather interesting ILs. I didn't even make half of your record.

J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J

Last edited by Grlonfr; 12/16/15 02:13 AM.

J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I am so bad with links.

New link here: Still swimming and looking for dry land

Last edited by Grlonfr; 12/16/15 02:32 AM.

C
C
Grlonfire so sorry to hear all this! What a monumental fool he's making of himself- you soon very like me. Those lash extensions are super cute. Get them done for you, treat yourself to some feel good clothes. You are worth it- and either he will realise that when the bubble bursts with he- but by that point, you may have moved on to a more worthy person.
Either way, I'm sure you are gonna get there, one day at a time. Listen to some feel good tracks. Gotta love pixie Lott's cry me out

Me 26 H 25
M 4
T 5
Baby born 4/14
BD: 1/15
EA: 2/15
PA: 4/15
reconciling: 4/15
ILYBINILWY- 11/15
ILY-1/16
ILYBNILWY 4/16
ILY 6/16