Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
DifRent Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi all... it's been a while since I've posted, and I know there are a lot of newcomers here. My story began this past May, and sent me into the depths of serious despair all summer. Here's a link to my first thread of posts if anyone is interested:

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...064#Post2569064

I don't have much time to go into other people's threads, which makes me feel a bit guilty because SO many people here were so kind and generous to me with their time, their empathy, their wisdom, and their counsel. So I wanted to post here to just assure those of you who might be in the same kind of pain I was in just a short time ago that there is hope, that by following the DB principles and getting the support you need from others who know what you're going through, there IS a light at the end of the tunnel - if not for your marriage, then absolutely for you.

Now, there is no way around that tunnel. You have to go through it, and feel it all, and for sure, it [censored]. But today, I am completely detached from my WW, and I felt that detachment click for me almost the instant I moved from our home into a new place. I was able to move closer to my kids (who also flew the nest about the same time as my WW), found myself surrounded by really good friends, took a job I LOVE, and have even started seeing someone - slow and casual, but I never thought I would be able to open my heart to someone else, and this connection is just proof that, even if I'm not there yet, it will be possible one day.

So I'm posting to express my sincere thanks to EVERYONE on this board who helped me through the most excruciating time of my life. And I want to offer hope to those of you who, like me for months, might be feeling quite hopeless at the moment. It all does get better in time. I'm surprised my time has turned out to be much shorter than I expected, but I'm ready for whatever comes next.

Peace and blessings to you all today.

- Dif

Me: 46 Her: 41
M: 5.5 yrs / S: 20, 18
3/26 W and I meet OW
BD: 5/2/2015, she takes off ring
W goes to stay with OW 6/26
NC: 9/5 Both moved out: 10/16
I take off my ring and feel... healed: 10/19
C
C
What strength you have! I don't know your story but to know that not long ago you felt the way I feel, heartbroken and completely isolated, lost and useless- but you've powered through and your now living your life- that's great! Well done you.

Me 26 H 25
M 4
T 5
Baby born 4/14
BD: 1/15
EA: 2/15
PA: 4/15
reconciling: 4/15
ILYBINILWY- 11/15
ILY-1/16
ILYBNILWY 4/16
ILY 6/16
ILYBINILWY 6/16
Baby due 3/17
BD 8/16
G
G
I am so happy that you posted this today! Thank you for sharing and I am so glad for you! Have a great thanksgiving!

P
P
Sending you lots of love Dif!! So glad to hear of this great place you're in in your life now. As Rd says, "It looks like you've become a W only a fool would leave...so what does that make your W?"

Happy Thanksgiving!

Big hug,

PP

M 39 W 36
T5 M3
BD - 1/15 Separated - Same Day
Served 9/15
D finalized 6/17

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard