Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
NH115 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks Dawn, always great to hear from you. I've been pretty quiet lately but I'm still following your sitch. You've been doing great!

By the way, in case you haven't heard, the Auburn game was a nailbiter today...

Last edited by NH115; 10/25/15 01:20 AM.

Ex Rzrback
Me 43 Her 44
D11, D15
T21, M19
BD 9/9/2014
Piecing

Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands - Clint Eastwood

N
NH115 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hi V

There wasn't any warning. Basically her mood changed in the time it took me to run an errand. She later explained to me that an article had run across her FB feed..."7 things I wished I knew before getting married", or something like that. She liked the article until she read the last line where the author said that despite everything, she still wanted to grow old with her husband. My W got depressed when she realized that she wasn't sure she could say that about our M.

These happen about once a month....much less often than they used to. She had accidentally run out of her antidepressants a couple of days ago and hasn't been able to get it refilled. I'm sure accidentally going cold turkey off her meds didn't help her emotional state.

Her basic script is the same...she loves me, wants to make things work, but is sexually unresponsive to me....we don't have that "connection" she needs to become sexual with me; she's terrified of living her life without that.

I can just about have both sides of this conversation myself. Same script..no new insights, no new ideas, same stuff, different day.

Last edited by NH115; 10/25/15 01:40 AM.

Ex Rzrback
Me 43 Her 44
D11, D15
T21, M19
BD 9/9/2014
Piecing

Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands - Clint Eastwood

N
NH115 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hi Mutatio, I'm far from a vet but I'd be happy to help if I can.

Ex Rzrback
Me 43 Her 44
D11, D15
T21, M19
BD 9/9/2014
Piecing

V
V
Originally Posted By: NH115
Hi V

There wasn't any warning. Basically her mood changed in the time it took me to run an errand. She later explained to me that an article had run across her FB feed..."7 things I wished I knew before getting married", or something like that. She liked the article until she read the last line where the author said that despite everything, she still wanted to grow old with her husband. My W got depressed when she realized that she wasn't sure she could say that about our M.

These happen about once a month....much less often than they used to. She had accidentally run out of her antidepressants a couple of days ago and hasn't been able to get it refilled. I'm sure accidentally going cold turkey off her meds didn't help her emotional state.

Her basic script is the same...she loves me, wants to make things work, but is sexually unresponsive to me....we don't have that "connection" she needs to become sexual with me; she's terrified of living her life without that.

I can just about have both sides of this conversation myself. Same script..no new insights, no new ideas, same stuff, different day.

As you know I have little knowledge of piecing. The issue of the ADS is interesting though. Why did she run out of ADS? It is so important to her wellbeing, seems strange.

I keep my essential meds up to date and even my spare has a spare. So WW seems so casual about it. Has she refilled now?

You mentioned ML a little while ago, what made you connect on that occasion? Would a break away together help, a pattern interrupt? You once organised dates, skating if my notes are correct on this. Has anything like that been planned recently? Are you using wooing techniques at all?

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 10/25/15 11:02 AM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

N
NH115 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted By: Vanilla

As you know I have little knowledge of piecing. The issue of the ADS is interesting though. Why did she run out of ADS? It is so important to her wellbeing, seems strange.

I keep my essential meds up to date and even my spare has a spare. So WW seems so casual about it. Has she refilled now?

You mentioned ML a little while ago, what made you connect on that occasion? Would a break away together help, a pattern interrupt? You once organised dates, skating if my notes are correct on this. Has anything like that been planned recently? Are you using wooing techniques at all?

V

She's usually pretty good about keeping her meds filled. She just dropped the ball this time. Of course, it was right before a weekend so there's little she could do about it immediately.

The ML was, well, disappointing. We had a good day together, so I took a chance and initiated, she responded positively. No foreplay, straight to the main course, over in a few minutes. Totally pointless. Then she had a meltdown a few days later, lamenting that she's "not sexual". Yeah, I'm really enjoying this involuntary celibacy. You'd think she'd at least acknowledge that.

There's always an excuse why we can't go out; money, she doesn't feel well, too tired, the kids have something going on, yada yada yada. We'll go out on "dates" in a way; we'll take the time to get in the car by ourselves away from the kids, but it usually involves errands or something like that. Actual dates where we act like a freaking couple, even when sex is not expected, are too much "pressure" for her.

Ex Rzrback
Me 43 Her 44
D11, D15
T21, M19
BD 9/9/2014
Piecing

M
M
I am not a vet, just a man but how about some base hits sound. First base then call the game for rain. Get her wanting to go to bat and stop the game. After a few weeks of this it could have her grabbing the bat and balls and hoping for a home run.

Just a man with an idea.

“Character is destiny” Heraclitus
D
D
I KNOW about the Auburn game and I missed it because I was at work. I'm so sad I didn't get to see that win. I was rooting for them from work, though, for sure. smile WPS!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
N
NH115 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted By: mutatio
I am not a vet, just a man but how about some base hits sound. First base then call the game for rain. Get her wanting to go to bat and stop the game. After a few weeks of this it could have her grabbing the bat and balls and hoping for a home run.

Just a man with an idea.

There might be something to that...It's like I'm learning how to seduce her all over again....I used to not have to even try.

Ex Rzrback
Me 43 Her 44
D11, D15
T21, M19
BD 9/9/2014
Piecing

N
NH115 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Yeah, Dawn, it was a nailbiter for sure

Ex Rzrback
Me 43 Her 44
D11, D15
T21, M19
BD 9/9/2014
Piecing

Z
Z
No too many 4 OT games happening for sure. Wished I could have seen that one.

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard