Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
G
gonegrl Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Just checked FaceBook and some friends are out at the restaurant where H and OW went at least 2x. Will I have flashbacks of emotion every time I hear of this restaurant for the rest of my life? Apparently its a fun place, seems like I suddenly hear about it all the time. True my reaction to it is much much less emotional, sad, etc than it used to be, but will there ever be a day when I can hear mention of this place and not have a visual in my mind of H sneaking out to go meet her there?

Ok, on to other things. I am not letting this occupy my mind. Watching a movie with my boys. They pick the worst movies, if I could pick the movie it would be easier to distract myself.

A
A
Photoka you want a challange ...ok here is my challange to you....try and sleep in a flipping car with a 14 yr old son who snores !!!!!

You really are a great person and deserve happiness ....remind yourself how beautiful you are

Take care my friend
Ghost

Me:48 W 41
M:18 T:26
2 D 18 & 4
2 S 17 & 13
Bomb: 20/7/2015 in house separation
D filed 06/17
Separate houses 10/17
D Final 29/12//17.
A
A
Originally Posted By: photoka
Just checked FaceBook and some friends are out at the restaurant where H and OW went at least 2x. Will I have flashbacks of emotion every time I hear of this restaurant for the rest of my life? Apparently its a fun place, seems like I suddenly hear about it all the time. True my reaction to it is much much less emotional, sad, etc than it used to be, but will there ever be a day when I can hear mention of this place and not have a visual in my mind of H sneaking out to go meet her there?

It still causes a twinge when I think of places my W has gone that I wasn't a part of. Granted, those were outings with friends, but they were people she preferred over me. I suspect the twinges will happen for a while yet. They are just twinges now that I've really started charting my future wo/ her and find myself comfortable that this will be good, and I'll be happy. In many ways I've started leaving her behind than the other way around. I don't know if she's aware of it, but I am. It changes your outlook on the impact of such potential triggers than when you were feeling left behind.

On the movie, do a rotation: each of you picks one, and you can suggest that if they have a couple choices they are interested in, they consider the tastes of the others. That or make yourself a couple of stiff drinks and enjoy the show.

Me: 50 W:43
S6, S3
M: 12 yrs. T: 17
M is bad & Not happy Bomb Mar '14
S 5 Feb '15
D Bomb 13 Apr '15 (but "no hurry")
DB Coach May '15
Wants proceed on D Aug '15
Starting 1-on-1 negotiations Sept '15
G
gonegrl Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Ghost, at least if you are awake the man with the hook arm can't sneak up on you in the middle of the night. Or can he???? Better sleep with one eye open.

G
gonegrl Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks, As. We did the rotation. S11 chose Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles last night which I thought was bad until S9 chose Ice Age tonight. At least I got to sit in between them with a boy snuggled up on either side of me. At some point H texted me "good night, going to sleep." Must have been 8:30. I haven't texted back.

I think that the twinges about this restaurant will never go away. But at least its just a twinge now and I don't throw up. Although maybe that would be good, I am slowly gaining back my weight. Got to cut out the wine and chocolate, the one good thing that came out of all of this was fitting into skinny jeans.

M
M
Sounds like a lovely evening. Enjoy them, they grow up so fast.

“Character is destiny” Heraclitus
A
A
Yay survived the night smile

Me:48 W 41
M:18 T:26
2 D 18 & 4
2 S 17 & 13
Bomb: 20/7/2015 in house separation
D filed 06/17
Separate houses 10/17
D Final 29/12//17.
L
L
Ghost why are you sleeping in a car? Photo im amazed at your endurance.. better days ahead for you im sure. Keep your pisitive attitude as it is keeping you from sinking.

Funny I was hoping that after H moved out I would lose another 30 lbs but it hasnt happened. As things have gotten better I havent been so emotional therefore am hungry sometimes. Love the skinny jeans now . I was just hoping for some skinnier ones . Haha. Guess ill have to continue that by making healthier choices. Am taking a nutrtional class starting this week so hoping for some motivation and insite to a better eating lifestyle.

Hope you all have a great week.

Married 1991
D 23 GD 3
D 21
S 20
M 49
S 48
1st bomb 2008
2nd bomb 4/2015 same person
I fear those big words which make us so unhappy.
G
gonegrl Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Lonelee, just because I can fit into the skinny jeans doesn't really mean I should be wearing them! LOL. I wear short skirts and shorts now too, but I really want to lose the 5 pounds that I recently gained, I was feeling good about my body. I am only 5'3" so 5 pounds shows. Still down 20 though, and still in my "smaller" clothing that I had to buy after BD. I even had to buy a belt, LOL.

I have been walking 3 miles every morning after I drop the kids off at school, if I can watch the snacking I will be fine. I am thinking of making some healthy juice smoothies for breakfasts- maybe start with breakfast and once that's a habit then re-form my lunches. A nutrition class sounds like a great ides.

I think Ghost was camping, but then again its Ghost so it could have been some form of self torture.

L
L
Haha about ghost..

So your petite too? Im only 4'10 .5.. so yes weight shows on us MUCH more than taller folks who have more places to stretch it out lol...

Married 1991
D 23 GD 3
D 21
S 20
M 49
S 48
1st bomb 2008
2nd bomb 4/2015 same person
I fear those big words which make us so unhappy.
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard