Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well, H and S11 are back from their trip! It is great to see my H - I showed up at the airport wearing a stunning new sundress and you should have seen his eyes light up - but also worrisome because the signs of depression are so obvious. He really needs to get started back on antidepressants - I will make sure that happens this week. Big article in our local paper about physicians and depression, including a picture of guy my H knew who committed suicide a few years ago

He and I and our D12 went to the beach yesterday afternoon - I showed off my surfing progress to my H, since I had surfed 5 days while he was gone. I am a slow but steady learner - still paddling in the whitewater, but now able to stand up every time and with much better balance and control of the board. Then H and daughter went paddling (since surf was small) and paddled almost 1 1/2 miles up the beach - my daughter is so strong!

Well, I have to get S11 off to his surf camp this morning, then it's to the gym with S16 to do our leg workout.

Ellie

Ellie,
Is your H a physician also? My H is... and the OW is his nurse. I think she also sees him as a sugar daddy, money bags and wonder if this will make her hold on to him even more tightly. We are having very little contact. S15 is VERY angry with him and doesn't want to speak to him. He does not call me.

Relax. Appreciate. Be calm. Laugh. Enjoy. Be secure. Be loving. Be loved. Don't personalize. Don't ASSume. Accept. Be grateful.
Wonderful job!

You sound great.

Pretty dress AND surfing success!

Hugs.

PIB
Surfing! Wow...I'm envious. I've always wanted to try that. Given that I live in St. Louis, however, makes it difficult. Hoping for a trip to Hawaii next summer to celebrate my 7th wedding anniversary with H.

I hope your H gets his medication soon.

You rule!

Ellie,

It would seem that you can read me better than many people that have known me for years - including me!

Need a look at my thread if you can spare the time. Plus, you can get a good workout swinging your 2x4 at me.

Greg - Patient, vigilant, hopeful

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Great surf session this morning with my H, D12, and a couple of H's friends before H went to work. I think I have a "surfer's French manicure" - my toenails have pink polish, topped off with dabs of white surf wax!

Had a nice "date nite" dinner out last night with H, we were joined at the restaurant by H's long-time friend (mine too). Afterwards, H did one of the nicest things ever for me. He bought me condoms and antibiotics!

A little explanation - back when I discovered H's affair, I wanted him to take an HIV test, but he dragged his feet on it for weeks before he did it. Well, I guess right before H left on this last trip, he got stuck with a needle from a patient who was a drug user. So he had to worry about it all during his trip - and I guess that made him realize what it must have been like for me to worry whether he had exposed me to anything through his affair.

On his return he learned that the patient tested positive for hepatitis C - so H wants to use condoms until we are sure he is in the clear. And he brought home a presription for antibiotics to make sure neither of us has chlamydia from his affair. This is such a change, for him to be cautious about these things, and to understand how it must have made me feel - well, I just think it was very loving and I'm very happy about it.

Ellie

Ellie,
Did you ever ask your H who the A was with? My H is having an A with his nurse. I wonder if he will ever break it off because he will still have to work with her, etc. Also, I feel like she is after his money. Anyway, all these worries of course that he will never end it. Any thoughts?

Relax. Appreciate. Be calm. Laugh. Enjoy. Be secure. Be loving. Be loved. Don't personalize. Don't ASSume. Accept. Be grateful.
K
K
Ellie,

Thanks for your comments on my thread. What you said made sense and of course there's always two sides to everything.
I think I will take my chances since I have been at fault in this R for many times. I'm taking this chance to make it up to H and see if he wants to also.

Thanks again for your insights....I have pondered on them for quite awhile....

KS

Ellie,

Thanks for the lumber!

Your assessment and insight of my sitch are appreciated.

I replied to you on my thread, but I want to put this here for you.

Your H is very lucky to have such a wonderful, smart, and insightful W. And from your posts, it would appear that you are lucky to have him too. I envy you (in the kindest sense! ) for the great new M you are building. I only hope and pray that I will get to that point someday.

Greg - Patient, vigilant, hopeful

Ellie, it's great that your H is considering you in all of this. With his depression etc, it would be easy to let your worries about the Hep etc slide by unnoticed. Great that he maybe was able to go through a little of the worry that you went through. Puts you on the same level somewhat, emotionally. Has he been able to get his presc. filled and feeling more in control again. I'm still hopeful of getting H to see a Dr, not only for depression, but also for other health issues. For the future, I also hope to have us both go for full blood tests etc. I will leave that though until he sorts himself out a little more.

Well you sound like a real hip mum...surfing, pink toenails etc...I can't even reach mine!! Last pregnancy H was lovely enough to paint them for me...maybe I can ask him to do that next time he is here for dinner...as a favour to me before I go to hosp.!! Make him feel a bit more included, useful and wanted.

More surfing this weekend? We're just heading into ours over here. Work tomorrow, then if H is taking D on Sunday, I'm off to browse / waddle through a really lovely hand made craft market that is on each month. Must try not to buy anything!!!

Jen

Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard